What Air Jordan did you fall in love with?

It was the VII's for me! Either black, or the beaurdeux! Those were the first pair that I saw when I was about 14, so maybe there would be else if I knewJ's before that moment...
smile.gif
But VII's started it, and then VIII's were even more hot for me! I loved them, but coudln't afford them.
My first pair was retro black III's... I didn't really love them but they were J's so... Now I love 'em and wait for a retro...
Then I loved the XI's with the red soles but couldn't afford them either, so when I was able to buy the black-red XII I was more than happy!!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by docious

IV's.

The creativity. The details. The overall way the shoe flowed.

And that was 1989.

Crazy to think that a large majority of the people on this message board were born AFTER these shoes came out.

Damn right, we're not young anymore...
roll.gif

I think it's pretty different when you remember.... I started the shoe game (to fell in love with shoes) with the VII's and a retro brings backmemories.... That's why I don't say anything to shoes before the VII's. I love the VI's, but when I realized that it's a J it was around'95, or '96...
This is not the same feeling... To wait for a shoe release that you don't remember as OG's.... You'll never know...

Originally Posted by eastbayrudy

I would have to say the concord XI's. It was love at first sight. Now I hate the shoe, cant stand the piss yellow soles and not being able to clean the white mesh upper. Its a gorgeous shoe when deadstock, but once they start ageing man they get ugly.
Absolutelly! That's what I hate in the XI's. Those are beautiful DS. But as you start to wear them....
mad.gif

When you see an old concorde on the court.... It's one of the ugliest shoes, you'll ever see.
That's why I need only black-red XI's.... It looks the same way after 2 years...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by girbaud2345

Originally Posted by waw003

All Star XIs hands down! They were released back in the era when Jordan heads/Sneaker heads mainly watched the All Star game to see what shoes MJ was wearing. That shoe created so much phone traffic, school talk, and barber shop talk from that Sunday up until the shoe released. Had the internet been as popular then, it probably would have crashed from so much forum/blog traffic. That's just how much hype that created. I knew that I'd never have it that's why I love them so much. They're kind of my unicorn Js.
for me it would be the REAL "jams" with the concord bottom and jumpman
http://www.jordanextreme.com/nikegallery/AJ11/aj11-1996SpaceJams/aj11-1996Spacejams.htm

Save some of your breath. It's OG Space Jams. Some people don't know that these shoes exists and called others newb for saying "OG SpaceJams".

black and silver 2s. i saw them and just wanted them. it was my first pair and i want them again in 10.5 if anyone has info.

then came the raptor 7s and white red and grey 8s

It has to be the Black/Infrared VIs. It was '91 and I got my hands on the Wheaties calendar..he had the VIs on for the month of December and that's it,I was in love. Never got a pair of VIs until 2000 though. Parents didn't want to buy them for me back in '91, too expensive. Still my all-time favoriteshoe...

the III's were the 1's that did it for me and just the overall hype surrounding them back then cause the only people who wore Jordans in myneighborhood were drug dealers

I love the Space Jams and True Blue IIIs now but when i saw Space Jam the movie, thats what did it for me
happy.gif

ANY IV in general, with maybe a few exceptions.
FIRE RED
MILITARIES
COOL GREYS
WHITE GREEN
BLACK CEMENT
WHITE CEMENT
God, I loved this shoe.

When I first seen the Flint XIII, I fell in love with them in instant.
I still look to find them in my size in a reasonable price DS!

Originally Posted by indohan

Originally Posted by girbaud2345

Originally Posted by waw003

All Star XIs hands down! They were released back in the era when Jordan heads/Sneaker heads mainly watched the All Star game to see what shoes MJ was wearing. That shoe created so much phone traffic, school talk, and barber shop talk from that Sunday up until the shoe released. Had the internet been as popular then, it probably would have crashed from so much forum/blog traffic. That's just how much hype that created. I knew that I'd never have it that's why I love them so much. They're kind of my unicorn Js.
for me it would be the REAL "jams" with the concord bottom and jumpman
http://www.jordanextreme.com/nikegallery/AJ11/aj11-1996SpaceJams/aj11-1996Spacejams.htm

Save some of your breath. It's OG Space Jams. Some people don't know that these shoes exists and called others newb for saying "OG Space Jams".
Thanks for clearing that up. I wanted to call em that but wasn't sure if thats the proper name of em. I call em "Jams" lol

The Wht/Red XIVs
pimp.gif
. Got them back in the 5th grade, the 1st pairJordan I ever owned.

man so many .. ive been rocking jordans since the 80's ... My first pair were the red / black sky jordan 1's stayed with my man mike till the 15 'sthats when they lost me ... As far as my favorite jordans cant really say its a couple of them ... the 2, 3, 4, 5 , 9 , 11 might be my bar far favorites maybecause they are in my closet right now ....

OG Aqua VIIIs. Older brother had em'. Finally got a pair Christmas of 1993 for 147 bucks wit tax. JB really messed these re-retro VIIIs this time around.

Back
Top Bottom