Originally Posted by DecemberLove

SHIN RAMEN > _______
2-shin.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

SHIN RAMEN > _______
2-shin.jpg

Nah son thats RAMYUN aka korean noodles NOT ramen. If you want "high end ramen" I suggest going to a japanese restaurant.

On the subject of noodles, you should try vietnamese beef pho
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shinkuhadouken91

SHIN RAMEN > _______
2-shin.jpg

Nah son thats RAMYUN aka korean noodles NOT ramen. If you want "high end ramen" I suggest going to a japanese restaurant.

pimp.gif

Lol ramyun = ramen just with a korean accent and it's "Lah myun" if you want to be even more specific

Trust.

pimp.gif

Call me crazy but isnt it the same thing just different pronunciation from the different cultures?  Are you now going to tell me that ggim (korean laver/seaweed) is different than nori (japanese laver/seaweed)?

SHIN RAMEN > _______
2-shin.jpg

pimp.gif

Lol ramyun = ramen just with a korean accent and it's "Lah myun" if you want to be even more specific

Trust.
Right but It's more like korean version of ramen, not to get technical(im bout to) but OP asked for some better ramen

They are pretty much the same though so ehh...

Actually, there is such a thing as "high end" ramen (or instant noodles rather.) No dry packaged stuff is ever going to measure up to the kind of ramen you'll find in an actual ramen shop but there are definitely some that are better than the others.

Someone already mentioned Shin Ramyun which is a staple in my pantry. It's not premium at all. Very inexpensive at about ~$1 a pack, less if you buy in bulk. Tastes great.

The best instant ramen I've ever had though is by Myojo Chukazanmai. They come in a bunch of flavors like shyo, miso, chili oil, etc. This is about as good as it gets, each pack is about $1.50, and they sell it at most Japanese supermarkets (i.e Mitsuwa)

rsz_dscf0934.jpg

i asked a similar question a couple months ago, but nobody responded, not even for lulz.  i was interested in better sticky noodles.  but to respond to OP's question, i think simply asia is pretty decent. so much so that i have a subscription on amazon to get it every couple months.  
[h1]Simply Asia Noodle Bowl, Sesame Teriyaki, 8.5-Ounces (Pack of 6)[/h1]
Amazon product ASIN B000HDL1KI

Shin ramen is the truth 
pimp.gif

I also love Nissin and Maruchan, along with the Korean kinds

I'm fond of the ones already in the cup/bowl since it's more convenient when you're #poor. Don't have to worry about boiling and having less stuff to clean up. Just microwave it or hot water from the tap.

Originally Posted by KidJoke

for those who put eggs in there, do you just throw a raw egg in?

I crack one in right after I put the noodles in. 
The boiling water cooks the egg up real nice

Originally Posted by Sixfoot nathan

SHIN RAMEN > _______
2-shin.jpg

you already know..
this with a slice of spam and a cracked egg #ghettogourmet

personally, i'd warm against the spam, it made my ramen hella salty 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Had my share of Maruchan and it's great, especial for the price. Does anyone have any suggestions for higher end Ramen that might be a couple bucks?

Couple bucks? Walk to mickey d's. You'll get better nutrition from a cheeseburger and apple pie than that junk.

Back
Top Bottom