What are some good supplements to build muscle?

steve212

Banned
So I been hittin' the gym hard, and I want to build more muscle mass.  I don't want to be body builder big, but I want to be thicker, more solid you know.  So help a playa out por favor.

Get your diet on point. That is going to help you more than anything.

Supplements SUPPLEMENT your diet, remember.

You can take a variety of things....starting with whey, aminos, creatine, etc.

Go to sites like bodybuilding.com and read their articles on building mass and workout routines.

Originally Posted by imrichboy

diet and proper lifting is more important than buying the right supplements.
take the sugars out of your diet, stock up on proteins, obviously take out trans-fats and cut down on carbs somewhat. then you can look to protein shakes to fill in the gaps between meals. the next step would be creatine but that's sort of a high-maintenance supplement. you need to make sure you're taking in enough water and not risking dehydration/kidney problems. 

Wow, good looks yall. I must admit, my diet sucks, because my metabolism burns it off.

Originally Posted by eight2one

diet + discpline...

Cut soda....that right there will help a lot.

And the alcohol. Both are of them are just empty callories. All I know is I miss my beer.
mad.gif

eat/consume enough food/supplment to achieve a 1G of protein : 1LB of lean muscle ratio

it is hard at first but once you get use to it is pretty easy....

but just because its easy does mean its fun....consuming 150G+ of protein is sickening / makes my fart smell 300x more
alien.gif

the only thing i suggest is protein, nothing else. IMO everything else is just dangerous and a waste of money. eat right, work hard, and just take some protein after your workout.

Originally Posted by Derek916

eat/consume enough food/supplment to achieve a 1G of protein : 1LB of lean muscle ratio

but just because its easy does mean its fun....consuming 150G+ of protein is sickening / makes my fart smell 300x more
alien.gif
OP dont do this...1:1 ratio is OD.

Originally Posted by air max one

Originally Posted by eight2one

diet + discpline...

Cut soda....that right there will help a lot.

And the alcohol. Both are of them are just empty callories. All I know is I miss my beer.
mad.gif
man i still cant cut alcohol outta my diet!! well beer specifically....

Like everyone said, eat healthy and alot. If you really want to take supplements I think whey protein should be enough at first. Maybe some cheap creatine aswell.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by Derek916

alien.gif
OP dont do this...1:1 ratio is OD.

Correct.

It's 1 gram of protein per KG of body weight.

Supplements are such a waste of money.

These nutrition companies have all kinds of lifters (whether beginner, intermediate or advanced) convinced that they NEED these supplements to succeed in the gym and look good.

A healthy balanced diet full of protein, good fats, complex carbs, fruits and vegetables > spending $100 a month on supplements alone.

I hear dudes at the gym talking about "I havent gained weight in 2 months so I'm gonna start drinking some protein"...or other dudes saying "Wowwwwwww dude, you got so strong/big...what kind of supplements are you taking?"

You want to gain muscle? Eat healthy and eat a lot of calories (usually over 3000 calories/day)...excess calories are what help you gain muscle, not supplements/huge amounts of protein.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

I don't rely on protein but since I have trouble putting on weight it definitely helps.

So why arent you eating more carbohydrates/fat?

naaa... I eat as much carbs/(good)fat as I can but it seems impossible for myself to gain what I want without protein shakes... jus me though. or maybe my workout(s) aren't good enough.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

naaa... I eat as much carbs/(good)fat as I can but it seems impossible for myself to gain what I want without protein shakes... jus me though. or maybe my workout(s) aren't good enough.
This is what I'm talking about dude
laugh.gif

The protein myth that eating more protein/consuming more protein shakes will help you gain weight.

Consuming more calories will help you gain weight.

If you want to gain weight, eat a good amount of protein (100-200 grams) but get the majority of your calories from good carbs + good fats.

I drink whey protein shakes, because I am at work all day. I simply cannot eat 5-6 small meals a day, so it is the only way to get the protein needed in my diet.

Back
Top Bottom