WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF INFAREDS CRACKING???

KanyIZZY

formerly j o 19
I HAVE SOME DS INFARED VI'S WRAPPED IN SERRAND WRAP...WONDERING WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF CRACKING...IMSO SCARED IM BEAST TO WEAR THESE AS SOON AS I GET HOME...OBVIOUSLY ONE OF MY FAV. HENCE MY AVATAR...JUST WONDERING FOR THE CRACK EXPERTS NO PUN LOL...WHAT ARETHE ODDS??? THANKS.

I remember a thread not to long ago about some guy crying that his infrareds were cracking after just a few wears. He also kept them in Saran wrap. I dont knowhow much that has to do with it, because i think they crack no matter what, but the Saran wrap couldnt have been helping the situation.

They will definitely crack, unfortunately there is nothing you can do to prevent it, just the way it is!

100%
happy.gif

If they are deadstock....the chances of cracking is high...but if they were VNDS or worn a couple of times...then the chances of cracking are a lotlesser....good luck and pray that they won't crack when you wear them.....

don't do it. they will crack after an hour or so I always here about people trying to wear them only to see them fall apart in a few hours.

^ i remember that too...To answer your question: High, like 100%. Look how long you had them and never worn them. Never even broke them in. This is why youwear your shoes on a monthly bases, even if its just on the carpet in the house for 5 minutes. Shoes crack, get worn out, fade away with time, as with ANY itemyou try to save forever.
Dude, you bought something to be worn. Let it do its job. You can..
A) Wear it and be happy.
or B) stare at it forever and mope around because you bought an expensive paperweight.

It depends on how long your wear them.

I know one of my friends, he wear his VI Infrared all the time and still no cracks, I don't even know how he does it.

dont people understand that wrapping their shoes in plastic (bags or wrap) pulls the moisture away from the shoe to equalize the moisture content of the airbetween the plastic and the shoe. it is simple chemical diffusion. putting your shoes in a vacuum sealed bag is worse cause it really pulls the moisture awayfrom the shoe to try to equalize the moisture of the content of the shope to the vacuum(no air or moisture.). plastic is the worse for shoes.

your infrareds are now unwearable eye candy.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by mikeposite

dont people understand that wrapping their shoes in plastic (bags or wrap) pulls the moisture away from the shoe to equalize the moisture content of the air between the plastic and the shoe. it is simple chemical diffusion. putting your shoes in a vacuum sealed bag is worse cause it really pulls the moisture away from the shoe to try to equalize the moisture of the content of the shope to the vacuum(no air or moisture.). plastic is the worse for shoes.

frown.gif
Don't forget about the silica packets.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Originally Posted by mikeposite

dont people understand that wrapping their shoes in plastic (bags or wrap) pulls the moisture away from the shoe to equalize the moisture content of the air between the plastic and the shoe. it is simple chemical diffusion. putting your shoes in a vacuum sealed bag is worse cause it really pulls the moisture away from the shoe to try to equalize the moisture of the content of the shope to the vacuum(no air or moisture.). plastic is the worse for shoes.

frown.gif
Don't forget about the silica packets.
^silica packs are THE worst. hope you did not wrap your infrareds in plastic with silica packs. if you did they probably cracked while stored.

No, in the box with the silica packets lol I'm not crazy to put my jordans in plastic bags, that suicidal.

But after a while the packets will eventually leak.

Yo, does anybody know if those plastic container with the air holes on top work?

What year '01 or '91? It doesn't matter because you have a DS pair which probably will crack after a wear.

I wouldn't risk it. I think it also depends on how big of a guy you are. More weight = more pressure on the shoe = more likely a chance of cracking.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT WEAR THEM!!! just about a 100% chance of a funeral for your infareds my friend.

Honestly you sufficated a perfectly good pair of shoes by wrapping them in plastic. That is the worst mistake you can make to any type of breatheable materialssuch as leather and foam midsoles. AND YES THEY WILL CRACK.

Are you guys talking retro or og?

I too have a DS pair, but they haven't been in saran wrap or nothing.
Just in the box.
I tried them on when i got them, but only one shoe.
So... verdict is don't wear them?

Back
Top Bottom