WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF INFAREDS CRACKING???

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

i would not wear them dude

yea u didn't even break em in...
alien.gif

Originally Posted by mikeposite

dont people understand that wrapping their shoes in plastic (bags or wrap) pulls the moisture away from the shoe to equalize the moisture content of the air between the plastic and the shoe. it is simple chemical diffusion. putting your shoes in a vacuum sealed bag is worse cause it really pulls the moisture away from the shoe to try to equalize the moisture of the content of the shope to the vacuum(no air or moisture.). plastic is the worse for shoes.

your infrareds are now unwearable eye candy.
frown.gif

you basically dried them out by using saran wrap and when things get dry they crack!
smh.gif

My friend just got a pair of OG infrareds really decent condition kept in another friend of ours closet for the last 10 years he has been wearing them forlike 2 weeks no problems. So i guess its just a hit or miss thing. I have a pair of retros coming in Wednesday i got on ebay dude has worn them around hisstore here and there so i hope im as lucky and they dont crack.

i got a pair of DS infrareds and mine havnt cracked. you should know that buying shoes that have been wrapped up means you cant wear em. they keep the solesicey but makes em unwearable. sorry bro

Why is it that people say older shoes won't crack if you've broken them in a little? I'm intrigued by this if it's true.

what most dont realize is, you might as well wear your sneakers.... the reason they crack is because leaving them in the box so long, especially not gettingfresh air and moisture from the air, it dries them out and this causes them to crack. I understand they are your favorite, so why not show them some love?better than paying $350 so you can say you have them, then have to throw em out after one wear:frown:

Funny topic because I just posted this below in the ebay pickups thread. And yes you killed your shoes by wrapping them up. Mine below cracked just over timethrough normal wear but I got lucky.
wink.gif

Well I got lucky a couple of weeks ago because the same day this happened.

339427062.jpg

mad.gif

I found this auction.
pimp.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230299520376&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230299520376&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013

Got them in Friday and I'm tickled to death, if they had been listed as a regular auction they would have gone for $250 or more easy. I touched up the 2spots on the toe and they look great.
tongue.gif

339426998.jpg
339426976.jpg
339426964.jpg

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

dont people understand that wrapping their shoes in plastic (bags or wrap) pulls the moisture away from the shoe to equalize the moisture content of the air between the plastic and the shoe. it is simple chemical diffusion. putting your shoes in a vacuum sealed bag is worse cause it really pulls the moisture away from the shoe to try to equalize the moisture of the content of the shope to the vacuum(no air or moisture.). plastic is the worse for shoes.

your infrareds are now unwearable eye candy.
frown.gif
Don't forget about the silica packets.
^silica packs are THE worst. hope you did not wrap your infrareds in plastic with silica packs. if you did they probably cracked while stored.

And thats why my shoes stay in the box with nothing
wink.gif
No cracks in myVI's yet, just the by the air bubble the paint creased but I was heavy when I wore them
embarassed.gif

I CANT BELIEVE THIS...SUCKS LIKE CRAZY MAN GETTING A PAIR OF INFAREDS WAS LIKE MY ALL TIME HIGH...IM NOTINTO STARRING AT KICKS ALL DAY...FOR THOSE THAT ASKED I DDNT DO, THEY WERE SOLD TO ME THAT WAY AND FURTHERMORE...I GO TO SCHOOL UPSTATE AND MOST OF MY HEATSTAYS BACK HOME IN NYC SINCE I DONT WANT TO RISK MY KICKS GETTING STOLEN @ SCHOOL...WHICH IS DEAD WACK AT THIS POINT...SO IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW....NOW YOU KNOWI HAVE A DS PAIR OF INFARED VI'S SIZE 10.5 FOR WHOEVER WANTS THEM!!!! ICEY BOTTOMS...

Back
Top Bottom