What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

29211F3E-3883-4759-944F-775B24B90C01.jpeg

A83E0E57-6BCD-489C-8313-E53A4372983C.jpeg

Sorry for the crap picture, but not many came out very good. Anyway, I’m digging this bottle a lot and can’t wait for it to open up and see what happens. One of my favorites and it hit the first time.

I actually asked a store manager about Stagg Jr today. I always told myself I would never be the guy chasing bottles and here I am lol.

Gotta be aftermarket prices, right? I'd be shocked if distribution still had any of the BTAC/Pappy line up.

I was able to score a Booker's Country Ham today. Hopefully I can find some more. I'll take this all day over Stagg Jr at $90.
RNDC moved their location and had a lot of bottles that were not accounted for... Screwed up a ton of orders... It’s been a mess for the stores and restaurants around here so allocated stuff is popping up randomly... Both would be state min prices but again, if it sounds too good to be true, it typically is.

Usually into scotch, a lot of bourbon is hard to come by in Europe. Any of these worth picking up for about 50 bucks?

Elijah Craig 12 years
Willet's Pot Still Reserve
Michter's
Jefferson's Reserve
Bakers 7 years
Basil Hayden's 8 years

Usually into scotch, a lot of bourbon is hard to come by in Europe. Any of these worth picking up for about 50 bucks?

Elijah Craig 12 years
Willet's Pot Still Reserve
Michter's
Jefferson's Reserve
Bakers 7 years
Basil Hayden's 8 years
I haven’t had all of these, but I do like Elijah Craig and had the Bakers in Louisville recently and can’t say that I would personally buy a bottle. Is the Elijah Craig 12 year a barrel proof or regular 94? I don’t know how things go there.

I haven’t had all of these, but I do like Elijah Craig and had the Bakers in Louisville recently and can’t say that I would personally buy a bottle. Is the Elijah Craig 12 year a barrel proof or regular 94? I don’t know how things go there.
Barrel proof sold out with a quickness over here, so this is a regular 94 proof.

Barrel proof sold out with a quickness over here, so this is a regular 94 proof.
Oh ok. Damn, $50 for Elijah Craig is a touch steep. I haven’t had any of the other ones so I couldn’t really say. Have you had anything from any of them before? Bakers/Basil Hayden’s is a Beam product. I’ve heard good things about the Michters and Jefferson’s Reserve.

[/QUOTE]
Oh ok. Damn, $50 for Elijah Craig is a touch steep. I haven’t had any of the other ones so I couldn’t really say. Have you had anything from any of them before? Bakers/Basil Hayden’s is a Beam product. I’ve heard good things about the Michters and Jefferson’s Reserve.
Only bourbons I've had so far are Penny Packer (bottom shelf), Four Roses Single Barrel (was OK) and a Jim Beam 7 year old. I liked the Jim Beam the best.
Might pick up a Michter's since I've been hearing good things about them too.

Only bourbons I've had so far are Penny Packer (bottom shelf), Four Roses Single Barrel (was OK) and a Jim Beam 7 year old. I liked the Jim Beam the best.
Might pick up a Michter's since I've been hearing good things about them too.
[/QUOTE]

I’ll be rooting for you. Definitely let us know what you think.

Time for a hunting break... the last month I stocked up something fierce.

3 Midwinter Nights Dram, 2 EHT Straight Rye, 2 Stagg Jr, 2 Booker's Country Ham, 1 Weller 12.
Which Stagg JR have your grabbed? I have 2 12’s and 1 13... The 12 I have opened is so fuggin good... Has to be my favorite bourbon right now... It kills ECBP IMO... Have a feeling I will be cracking the GTS soon and see how they compare, but I will buy Stagg JR every time I see it at a reasonable price( 65 is the most I have and prob will pay)

Which Stagg JR have your grabbed? I have 2 12’s and 1 13... The 12 I have opened is so fuggin good... Has to be my favorite bourbon right now... It kills ECBP IMO... Have a feeling I will be cracking the GTS soon and see how they compare, but I will buy Stagg JR every time I see it at a reasonable price( 65 is the most I have and prob will pay)

Yo. I have two 13's and one 12. One 13 is about half empty. Other two on deck. 13 is good too.

I tried the '18 GTS when I was in Paris a few months back. Was not impressed. Too easy. No burn no hug. The Stagg Jr is much better IMO.

If we're talking high proof I'd lean towards Booker's Country Ham over Stagg Jr 13, all day.

Grabbed a 4R Small Batch Select today... Bout time it hit the shelves in MI... FB group I am in is getting our KC Rye soon and I cant wait... Also, hoping to have a guy grab a Willet 4 year and Blade and Bow when he is in KY this week... No luck on the Old Rip last week... EC 18yr is here but at 90 proof and many asking $180, its a pass for me.

Are you guys in any FB groups that do trades or fireballs??? Have a couple but possibly looking at more... Mine are all local.

I’m a simple man, I just want to try the Elijah Craig Rye.

Not a shot at anyone, but I don’t know how you guys drink scotch. Maybe it’s the kinds I’ve had, but they all taste like smoke from a campfire. Reminds me of how clothes smell after sitting by a fire. Gives me the damned heebie jeebies lol.

I’m a simple man, I just want to try the Elijah Craig Rye.

Not a shot at anyone, but I don’t know how you guys drink scotch. Maybe it’s the kinds I’ve had, but they all taste like smoke from a campfire. Reminds me of how clothes smell after sitting by a fire. Gives me the damned heebie jeebies lol.
That really depends on the kinds you've had, there are a lot of Scotches without any trace of smoke. Most of the Glenmorangie bottles for instance, for example the regular 10 yo or the 14 yo Quinta Ruban. Most Speyside and Lowland Scotches are not smoky at all.
Most bars have the 12yo Glenlivet or 12 yo Glenfiddich, that's a good place to start to see if you like those.

jamesandstl jamesandstl what freakyzekeyy freakyzekeyy said. It all depends on which ones you drink. Im a big Balvenie guy, not much peat at all in it. I used to hate the smoke but now, I like it. Once you drink enough Scotch, you start to look for different tastes to expand your pallet a bit. I also agree with the Glenfiddich as a good way to ease into peated Scotch. Stay away from Laphroig until you get used to it, LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom