What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

Been drinking a lot more gin recently as it’s my wife’s preferred liquor of choice. Been making a mean bramble for her all weekend

Gonna crack a Russell Reserve Single Barrel tonight. That and Knob Creek are the best bourbons $60 can buy imo

Been drinking a lot more gin recently as it’s my wife’s preferred liquor of choice. Been making a mean bramble for her all weekend

Gonna crack a Russell Reserve Single Barrel tonight. That and Knob Creek are the best bourbons $60 can buy imo
That Heaven Hill 7yr, Bottled in Bond is a strong contender for that award, or EHT small batch at retail…

That Heaven Hill 7yr, Bottled in Bond is a strong contender for that award, or EHT small batch at retail…
Been trying to find a bottle of that Heaven Hill BiB for a while, but not much luck in DFW. Definitely wanna give it a try.

Made a frozen watermelon mule. Came out nice. Frozen watermelon, ginger beer, vodka, lime juice, ice, blend. The women like it too, especially in this heat. Not my pic, but that's what it comes out like.

delish-frozen-watermelon-mules-still001-1527801709-e1598381908549.jpg

Im admittedly a bourbon guy but have been buying more scotch lately. I revisited a bottle of Glenmorangie 10 that my buddy got me for my birthday earlier this year. Wow, it was straight apple juice. I really really enjoyed the flavor from this sub $40 bottle

I always knew that people LOVE the Glenmorangie lineup but never really cared to venture into it until simply retasting the 10. Where do you guys recommend I go next? Obviously I heard the Signet is world class but should I pick up anything else before that?

Scotch >>> bourbon
Always has been always will be. Just way more complex of a liquid. Most bourbons are just sweet heat. Delicious sweet heat but you don’t get all the different notes a single malt would have.

Last edited:
Im admittedly a bourbon guy but have been buying more scotch lately. I revisited a bottle of Glenmorangie 10 that my buddy got me for my birthday earlier this year. Wow, it was straight apple juice. I really really enjoyed the flavor from this sub $40 bottle

I always knew that people LOVE the Glenmorangie lineup but never really cared to venture into it until simply retasting the 10. Where do you guys recommend I go next? Obviously I heard the Signet is world class but should I pick up anything else before that?
Glenmorangie is probably the most accessible scotch you can get. Just stick with there line up. I suggest for you the 12 sherry, 18 or for un aged nectar d’or. Signet is wild overpriced it’s good but not worth the $200. If you can try it at restaurant or bar do that before you buy any bottle.

Glenmorangie is probably the most accessible scotch you can get. Just stick with there line up. I suggest for you the 12 sherry, 18 or for un aged nectar d’or. Signet is wild overpriced it’s good but not worth the $200. If you can try it at restaurant or bar do that before you buy any bottle.
Thanks my dude. Hope all is well! I’ll probably go for the 18 (do you recommend I skip the 15?) as well as the Quinta since port wine is right up my alley

Thanks my dude. Hope all is well! I’ll probably go for the 18 (do you recommend I skip the 15?) as well as the Quinta since port wine is right up my alley
15 is newish and I haven’t had it yet but I hear it’s great. 18 is good. I didn’t really care for the 14 but I’m not a fan or port cask so your mileage may vary. 12 lasanta is delicious, Signet is good but very overpriced, nectar d’or is good. They have a solid line up for anyone getting into scotch. Look for a decent restaurant or bar in your area with a good scotch program and try before you buy anything. Or the reddit scotch page they will sell/trade drams (2oz)

Last edited:
Scotch >>> bourbon
Always has been always will be. Just way more complex of a liquid. Most bourbons are just sweet heat. Delicious sweet heat but you don’t get all the different notes a single malt would have.
Thats why I joined a national group that does single barrel picks... They have some amazing palates and their offering are very different than the shelf expressions... Very unique and much more complex... A lot do not even come close to the flavor profile the distillery offers... Dipping into scotch a little but still a ways to go.

Back
Top Bottom