What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

The cult following for GlenDro is almost Pappy-like :smh:
*so difficult to even find the 15yr in NY & SF & SG
In Europe it's quite easy to get still.
I've been a Glendronach fan since trying the 21-year old Parliament, such a flavor bomb.
Been looking to pull the trigger on a 26-year old Single Cask PX for 300 euros, but it would be the most I've ever spent on a bottle. This hobby is a slippery slope though :lol:

see the 15 year revival, 18 yr allardice and 12 year old online in 1 shop by my job daily. they get 21 yr parliament and port tawny edition from time to time also. didn't know they have become so popular time to pick up that 15 yr revival today. glendronach is good but the arran any year takes the cake imo. can't recommend the arran 18 yr old enough

Last edited:
see the 15 year revival, 18 yr allardice and 12 year old online in 1 shop by my job daily. they get 21 yr parliament and port tawny edition from time to time also. didn't know they have become so popular time to pick up that 15 yr revival today. glendronach is good but the arran any year takes the cake imo. can't recommend the arran 18 yr old enough
I'll add the arran 18 to the list to try soon, I'll look for a sample.

Grabbed a Blood Oath Pact 6 today... Haven’t had any of them but just grabbed it to possibly trade for something later or razzle off

Also...wedding got postponed a year so I have quite a bit longer to search...but I want to spend about $500 and buy a special bottle to share with my groomsmen on the wedding day. Have a friend who has said he's going to spend whatever amount goes over $500, so lets say up to $750. What are yalls reccommendations?
Totally forgot I had posted in here...was kinda drunk that night haha

Thanks for the replies though. Probably looking for a bourbon as my flavor profile hasn't quite evolved on to scotch yet.

Usually shop local at the Total Wine a few blocks away, but my go to online store from San Diego has been money lately. Got those EJBP C919s, Eagle Rare and McKenna 10 in the mail this week. Now they have EH Taylor Single Batch and Heaven Hill 7 Year BiB in stock for $69 each. Really don't need to spend more money on whiskey, but any opinions on those two? Haven't been able to find those anywhere and interested in trying them.

Also, for those that mentioned getting some to sample first - is there a good website to get small samples of hard to get whiskeys from? Always see people posting reviews with small samplers on Reddit.

I’d grab a EHT Single Barrel at $69. Small Batch should be $45 max.
Pretty much any Buffalo Trace Distillery product is damn near allocated down here in Dallas, which is why I might be ok paying the premium if it's actually good. So hard to find anything other than Buffalo Trace, which is usually one of my other go to options.

Think I might just wait until the next time they get it back in stock though.

Also, for those that mentioned getting some to sample first - is there a good website to get small samples of hard to get whiskeys from? Always see people posting reviews with small samplers on Reddit.

I don't know how it is in the U.S. but in Europe there are some sites like Master of Malt that have a lot of samples. Otherwise your best bet is to join a Facebook group where they trade samples, I've bought a lot of rare ones through Facebook groups.
Again, I'm in Europe so it might be different in the U.S.

141AE155-A23D-44A7-8332-45145076FD71.jpeg

Drinking on this thing, a “wheater”. A bit of disappointment. I guess I’m not a fan. It’s not bad by any means, but it’s kinda “meh”. Would I buy it again? No, not unless the craving came up lol. I think Weller was better.

What's a fair price for a bottle of Blanton's? Or what range should I be looking?

I generally go off of the total wine site, but given that Blantons is so hard to find wondered what people thought was a fair price.

What's a fair price for a bottle of Blanton's? Or what range should I be looking?

I generally go off of the total wine site, but given that Blantons is so hard to find wondered what people thought was a fair price.
Where do you live? Prices may vary some on where you live. I’ve never personally seen it on the wild, but I got an email once saying the store was about to get some and release it in a drawing or something and I want to say it was like $60-ish

Started

I've never seen it for less than $69. I'd say fair pricing would be $60-$80. Some stores try and get $100+ for it though.

My next purchase will probably be Nikki From The Bottle or Glenfiddich 14 Bourbon Barrel

Fiancee is mad at me for buying more whiskey than can fit on the bar cart. Think I'm holding off on buying anything until the ECBP B520 hits the shelves. Opened one of the C919 bottles on Friday and it was SO good.

No problem... Glad they made it there safely... Knob Creek Rye is a barrell pick from a group I am in... Its 120 proof...

I’ve had the small batch KC before and liked it when I first got started into bourbon, but with wanting to try so many new ones I guess a couple have slipped through the cracks lol.

Anybody else that is growing their collection that wants to swap samples, I am all for it... Hope I can grab my Willets and Blade and Bow sometime soon.

Back
Top Bottom