What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

MWND 8 is really good. Having one right now. If I was every able to grab a Birthday Bourbon at near MSRP best believe I'd be flipping that joint... especially the 2020, 10 year 98 proof... nah I'll take 600 please.

First time ever seeing it in person, not in a raffle and probably my last time... They said they have a few more they will be putting out at random, so I have a shot but odds are low

anyone got experience with:
- Glenlivet 25 years
- Ballantine's 30
- Dewars 25 or 30
- Amrut Greedy Angels 8 years old
- Bruichladdich Black Art 6.1

Still doing some research on my next purchase. Really looking for value for money here, as far as that exists in this price range.

Last edited:
Not sure if its been discussed...Japanese Whiskey. What's your take?

Personally I appreciate that its not as sweet and just as smooth as some of the mainstream options.

Not sure if its been discussed...Japanese Whiskey. What's your take?

Personally I appreciate that its not as sweet and just as smooth as some of the mainstream options.
From what I've tried it has very subtle flavours that you don't always find in Scotch. In general you can't go wrong with it.
But the household names (mostly from Nikka & Suntory) are either not really Japanese or way overpriced. Still need to try the Yamazaki 18 though, but I don't expect I will be worth the 600+ that it's going for right now.

Currently I think the best value kan be found in Mars offerings (Komagatake / Tsunuki) or maybe the Akashi single malts / single casks. I also like the Nikka Taketsuru range even though it's getting harder to find them for a reasonable price.

60962991-A0E5-4C8F-AA56-1F74A0FAB0A6.jpeg
Second time finding one at MSRP at the same store... beautiful bottle but I am not a heaven hill fan... Will probably swap

IMG20201030213138.jpg

Spamming the thread a little, but just had a little tasting.
1: Four Roses Single Barrel
2: Jim Beam Distillers Series 7 years
3. Blanton's Gold Edition 2018 (103 proof)

I'm still not a fan of the Four Roses Single Barrel, maybe I got the wrong barrel. I'm getting a lavender / floral note that just puts me off. I also get some bitterness on the finish.
The Jim Beam is a lot better to me. Don't know if this was available in the U.S., but in Europe I picked up this bottle for around 20 bucks. Real bang for your buck at that price. Classic bourbon notes and no bitterness whatsoever.
Then the Blanton's, which was new for me. My expectations were low, a lot of people mention it's overpriced, the straight from the barrel is better, and so on.
Holy hell that nose is good. I could smell it for hours. I don't get any ethanol, just vanilla sweetness. Maybe even a bit of vanilla/strawberry. It smells like a dessert.
Palate is great too, so easy going and also in this one no bitterness at all. A bit of spiciness from the oak but everything is very rounded.

I secretly hoped it would be all hype and no substance, but I really like it. Too bad I can't get a bottle of this stuff :lol:

Whats everybody gunna drink while we watch this mess of an election come to an "end"??? I am having a tougher time deciding what to drink than who to vote for

newbs24 newbs24 what batch of 150th? I’ve got a 1 and 2.

freakyzekeyy freakyzekeyy Blanton’s Gold is amazing.

Celebrating the W with this.

64BBB588-2CA1-4AE9-9589-F2CBEC821B15.jpeg
That is a 2... will prob put up for 400 locally and see if anyone bites because the area was flooded with 1 and 3. ..Traded a batch 1 for a EHT BP, sold a batch 3 for 325

have a Yama18 sale pending at 600

That is a 2... will prob put up for 400 locally and see if anyone bites because the area was flooded with 1 and 3. ..Traded a batch 1 for a EHT BP, sold a batch 3 for 325

have a Yama18 sale pending at 600

Nice. I'm hanging onto mine for a while. I think 1 & 2 will be trading north of 600 in a year or so. My biggest bottles right now, outside of the Old Rip that I opened are 1 OC Bourbon B5 and 3 unopened EHTBP9's + the 150th 1&2.

Nice. I'm hanging onto mine for a while. I think 1 & 2 will be trading north of 600 in a year or so. My biggest bottles right now, outside of the Old Rip that I opened are 1 OC Bourbon B5 and 3 unopened EHTBP9's + the 150th 1&2.
Haven’t been flipping all that much but my daughter is going into braces soon and need some extra cash...

Back
Top Bottom