What are you thoughts on talking to and asking a girl out to coffee or something on FB

op, post the message here before you send it.. it's certainly not a bad move, but what you say could make or break you

Originally Posted by DT43

op, post the message here before you send it.. it's certainly not a bad move, but what you say could make or break you

oh, well she already pretty much said no ( in a nice way I guess), so thats the end of that long saga

Originally Posted by blakep267

oh, well she already pretty much said no ( in a nice way I guess), so thats the end of that long saga
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Regis

Originally Posted by Boi

The more you overthink this, the less likely things will go your way.
If you aren't trolling, i'd like to know why you believe this sir.
Girls appreciate that feeling of a natural approach.
Shes JUST a girl.

You go in there with a precise gameplan and all of a sudden things feel a little too rehearsed and she starts to pick up on that.
Chances are whatever "game" you try to run shes probably already heard it.

33ollq0.gif

This man gets it.  I had a conversation with one of my female friends, and she said something like, "All these are guys trying to ask me out on FB chat or text.  So lame.  I'd never say yes."
Trust me, man.  It's super weak if you go this route.  Only do it if you don't have her number.  Girls are more apt to say yes when you man up and ask them in person or on the phone. 

Here's a story:

This is gonna sound mad stalkerish, but I was after this girl last year in college, and I went out of my way to find her on campus.  We went to the same HS, and I would run into her on campus sometimes and chat a little.  She had just interviewed at a place where my brother and friend worked, and my brother and friend conducted the interview 
laugh.gif
.   They hit me up like, "Man, you need to get at this girl."  So that day I went to a place where I knew she'd be, and sure enough she was there.  She saw me pass by and called me over.  I talked to her for awhile, but pussed on asking her out because all her people were there in the same room and it just didn't feel right 
laugh.gif
.  We were already friends on FB, so later that day I hit her up saying we should catch up and asked for her number.  I am guilty of using FB in this way, but keep reading 
laugh.gif
.  Anyway she said yes and gave me her number.  I called her the next day, made some small talk then said, "Hey, I'm going to check out [insert fun day/evening activity here] on Wednesday.  You should come."  She said yes.  Trust me, they respect a man who can ask them either in person or on the phone.  Well, let's just say it didn't work out after kickin it with her that Wednesday, but I'm glad I took the shot or else I'd just be wondering "What if?" right now.

I told you not to do it.

Originally Posted by Trav T

I told you not to do it.
? I did it ages ago ( meaning like yesterday). Its all good though. Ill get over it.

^^Barely saw this thread. Sorry. Well, now you know man. On to the next one.

Originally Posted by Trav T

Originally Posted by Boi

If you aren't trolling, i'd like to know why you believe this sir.
Girls appreciate that feeling of a natural approach.
Shes JUST a girl.

You go in there with a precise gameplan and all of a sudden things feel a little too rehearsed and she starts to pick up on that.
Chances are whatever "game" you try to run shes probably already heard it.

33ollq0.gif

This man gets it.  I had a conversation with one of my female friends, and she said something like, "All these are guys trying to ask me out on FB chat or text.  So lame.  I'd never say yes."
Trust me, man.  It's super weak if you go this route.  Only do it if you don't have her number.  Girls are more apt to say yes when you man up and ask them in person or on the phone. 

Here's a story:

This is gonna sound mad stalkerish, but I was after this girl last year in college, and I went out of my way to find her on campus.  We went to the same HS, and I would run into her on campus sometimes and chat a little.  She had just interviewed at a place where my brother and friend worked, and my brother and friend conducted the interview 
laugh.gif
.   They hit me up like, "Man, you need to get at this girl."  So that day I went to a place where I knew she'd be, and sure enough she was there.  She saw me pass by and called me over.  I talked to her for awhile, but pussed on asking her out because all her people were there in the same room and it just didn't feel right 
laugh.gif
.  We were already friends on FB, so later that day I hit her up saying we should catch up and asked for her number.  I am guilty of using FB in this way, but keep reading 
laugh.gif
.  Anyway she said yes and gave me her number.  I called her the next day, made some small talk then said, "Hey, I'm going to check out [insert fun day/evening activity here] on Wednesday.  You should come."  She said yes.  Trust me, they respect a man who can ask them either in person or on the phone.  Well, let's just say it didn't work out after kickin it with her that Wednesday, but I'm glad I took the shot or else I'd just be wondering "What if?" right now.

pimp.gif

The absolute worse is getting hit with the Shoulda Coulda Woulda mindframe
Remember You Will Always Miss 100 % Of The Shots You Don't Take

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am interested in stories of people actually BOOKING girls through FB. Anyone have any?

MySpace

Back in like 08 I wanna say. She requested me (didn't know her at all). I hit her up saying hey thanks for adding me or something like that. Back and forth comments for a few weeks or so. Got her number, texted, talked on the phone over the summer. Then she got a bf, stopped talking for about a year, they broke up, hit me up on FB, talked on FB, got her number again, hit up her to watch a Yankee WS game, things went good. Then we dated for a few months, she broke my heart in the end and yea
grin.gif

My last ex commented on my status on FB and my picture and then messaged me telling me to hit her up and from then on we talked.

Do those count?
That very recently happened to me, and it just so happened that my gf was also in town the same weekend.

Back
Top Bottom