What Black Family Show Is Better Than Good Times vol. GOAT

I swear good times is the best family show of all time. There is nothing that produced such a good balance of comedy and drama. Thelma also was
pimp.gif

I never got into Cosby show for what ever reason.

Which is odd, considering im a big fan of black family sitcoms

OP were you really trying for only two replies? there wasn't/isn't many long running black family shows.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Son, you got amnesia?

download.jpg

I knew someone would come in here with that +%!%. The cosby show is sooo not realistic how many late 80s-90s family were like that? Good times painted a vividpicture of a black family back then and the struggle.

i can't stand goodtimes...i don't care how 'real' it is...its corny and they way they always fight is annoying...even if cosby wasn't howmost black families were living it was/is good to see a family doing well black or whatever...

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

i can't stand goodtimes...i don't care how 'real' it is...its corny and they way they always fight is annoying...even if cosby wasn't how most black families were living it was/is good to see a family doing well black or whatever...

indifferent.gif
. Good times corny? Bill Cosby is corny. The funniest characteron the Cosby was that fat white kid that was friends with rudy. He made me
roll.gif
because of his appearance.

keep your stone face...i feel the show is corny...jj is more annoying than funny and all he did was argue with thelma while their dad was always mad...momalways trying to calm him and keep the peace...Cosby show wasn't hilarious but still better than goodtimes...

keep your stone face...i feel the show is corny...jj is more annoying than funny and all he did was argue with thelma while their dad was always mad...mom always trying to calm him and keep the peace...Cosby show wasn't hilarious but still better than goodtimes...

Isn't that was brother and sister are supposed to do? I argue a !#+@$##* with my sister. The cosby show painted an unrealistic family damn near the blackbrady bunch.

how was it unrealistic? cuz they didn't argue all the time...i argued with my lil brother but that doesn't mean i wanna watch other people do it...

how was it unrealistic? cuz they didn't argue all the time...i argued with my lil brother but that doesn't mean i wanna watch other people do it...

Its unrealistic because no family is so happy go lucky. There was really no drama going. The biggest thing that happen in the show was Theo failing a class.Btw how the way did he go to NYU if he was portrayed as not book smart.

he had dyslexia (sp) he worked it out and got it in...my family is more like the Huxtables than the Evans...even if no family is that happy go lucky id ratherwatch sucessful people than watch people struggle all the time...

I'm going w/ Cosby's too. Even though it wasn't the "normal" black family during that time, all black families weren't living underthe conditions of the Evans' either

Back
Top Bottom