What Do I Do With My Dead Xbox 360?

Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding

Originally Posted by nyrican23

Buy a new one and swap them (make sure you swap serial numbers)

eek.gif
how clever but anybody getting away with this murder
nerd.gif
I've done it before. Go to walmart/kmart/target and pay in cash. Open very carefully and swap the 2 serial numbers. Wrap it back up to make itlook like it was never opened. It will prob work very well now because of the holidays.

I'm gonna try fixing my 2nd RROD (yes, it got RROD, got fixed, got them again) Xbox.
if all else fails, mod it into a desktop comp.

Just look on craigslist. there's people that will permanently fix your RRoD for $30-$40, instead of sending it to microsoft which'll take almost amonth to get back. But they still do repair it, even though your warranty is done.

My launch xbox got the RROD twice in three weeks but works again. Thing keeps dying but coming back from the dead, what a trooper
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

PS3 wins.

Yep
pimp.gif

United States Dead Xbox Count: 72,348
United States Dead PS3 Count:124

im apart of that 124
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif
are these made up numbers?
probly
my friend has taken his ps3 in to be fixed 4 times since november. that would account for 5/124 dead units.. your numbers seem off

Look on craigslist and you can find a modder to fix it and mod it for less than 100, plus you can get free games.

I am in the same boat as you man.

My original XBOX broke
I bought a new Arcade XBOX from Walmart for $199 that came with a $100 Gift Card
I want to switch them and take the original XBOX to Walmart for an exchange

What exactly should I do? How do I pull this off?

those don't seem real. I thought it was between 1-2 thousand. (which is still very good)

never understood how microsoft !+$!#% up so bad but their fans are so loyal. weird

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

My original XBOX broke
I bought a new Arcade XBOX from Walmart for $199 that came with a $100 Gift Card

They're talking about switching the housing. I might do that, and then sell the 360, because I'm tired of having to send it in every other week.

My original XBOX broke

Im calling walmart HQs and giving them the heads up on u
roll.gif

Originally Posted by FPSee

Just look on craigslist. there's people that will permanently fix your RRoD for $30-$40, instead of sending it to microsoft which'll take almost a month to get back. But they still do repair it, even though your warranty is done.

And for the last time people no they don't! They extend all defective Xbox's for 3 years after the purchase. My warranty was up in Nov. 2008. I evencalled like you said and dude was telling me I can either request a repair online for $100 or over the phone for $120. I told him don't worry about it,I'm getting a PS3 and he sounded really disappointed.

buy a new one and switch the insides and take it rite back to the store with the broken internals,i've done that about 5 times,theres alot of good videoson youtube thatll walk you through it.

Originally Posted by shoefreek23

buy a new one and switch the insides and take it rite back to the store with the broken internals,i've done that about 5 times,theres alot of good videos on youtube thatll walk you through it.
Change the insides though? Any links? I am not an electrical gadget type dude at all
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreek23

buy a new one and switch the insides and take it rite back to the store with the broken internals,i've done that about 5 times,theres alot of good videos on youtube thatll walk you through it.
Change the insides though? Any links? I am not an electrical gadget type dude at all
laugh.gif
thats what my friend said he was gonna do but he is usually full of *$%* so i didnt believe him
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom