what do u guys think the most over rated basketball stat is

im goin to say assists by far, assists have more to do with the player receiving the pass than they do with the player passing, u can get assists if the player makes a fade way half court three pointer but get nothing if u make a perfect pass and the guy blows the dunk.

plus your definitely going to get more assists if u play with better team mates another thing that has nothing to do with the player getting the assists

im not saying they aren't important im saying just because u average less assists doesnt mean u are a crappier passer or less of a team player it means u play with better team mates and probably have the ball in your hands more

GTFOOHWTBS

indifferent.gif
times 10000000000000000000000

Damn. I knew there was a reason LeBron averages more assists per game than Kobe! Thanks man. It's so clear now. Can't believe I didn't see it earlier.
smh.gif
at me

nah . You gotta be a pretty decent player if you put up at least 6, 7 assists a game consistently

Defensive rebounds. Of course any decent big will grab a good number of boards on the defensive end. 60% of them are effortless b/c the other team's already on their way back to D up.
Then again, we're talking overrated, not useless.

Points.

If you shot a bad percentage.... getting points is overrated.

I hate when they brag about Kobe and Lebron getting 25-30 when it took that just as many shots to get those points.

Definitely steals. You could be a horrible defender and just get steals off gambling and being in bad defensive position.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Points.

I hate when they brag about Kobe and Lebron getting 25-30 when it took that just as many shots to get those points.

Exactly what i was gonna say

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Points.

this.. all these chuckers in the league get mad love cuz they av 15-20pts per.. 
grin.gif

The ability to get assists completely changes the type of player you are, for the better. I do agree that some "assists" are given too generously though...like someone passes it to the open man at the 3-pt line and he'll drive down the lane and get an uncontested layup and sometimes that counts as an assist
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom