What does it feel like being short?

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Yes, because all of the 5'5" Chinese and Indian Computer Scientists and 5'8" Jewish lawyers and Investment Bankers are having such a hard time find good paying salaries...

Come on, b. Those studies could be flipped a million different ways. You have a lot of short, nutritionally deprived immigrants from 3rd world nations with a history of exploitation or "aboriginies" (in the case of the Australian study) that can drag that study down. Not to mention that the global economy is dramatically shifting to more of a meritocratic/entrepreneurial based system.

Then there are studies saying that short people live longer, wouldn't that give them a greater opportunity to earn more over their longer lifespan?

At the end of that day stuff is irrelevant, if you're a grown man and don't know that by now...I don't know what to tell you.

Has your 5'11" frame made you rich?

Cats are sounding like male blondes, its not becoming.
Dudes are mad that their jobs are going to countries with short populations. These "tall" (i put quotes because most of these people aren't even tall. 6' is 2 inches away from average height
laugh.gif
) unemployed losers are beyond bitter

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Height has NOTHING to do with getting girls.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not only does it have something to do with getting girls, it has something to do with getting jobs and ahead in life in general.

This is seriously funny.
Oh, it is?

Notice I said it had something to do with it, not everything.  However:

Height just seems like such a generalized thing to say. I agree though. Everyone in my work place that is making good money isn't necessarily short (with the exception of some) but the they are not necessarily tall either. If the message that you are getting across is being short has its disadvantages in life, then yes….I would agree to a certain extent but being tall never really pulls people to exceptional levels. I mean being white seems like more of an advantage in getting ahead in life then being tall is.

Yes, because all of the 5'5" Chinese and Indian Computer Scientists and 5'8" Jewish lawyers and Investment Bankers are having such a hard time find good paying salaries...

Come on, b. Those studies could be flipped a million different ways. You have a lot of short, nutritionally deprived immigrants from 3rd world nations with a history of exploitation or "aboriginies" (in the case of the Australian study) that can drag that study down. Not to mention that the global economy is dramatically shifting to more of a meritocratic/entrepreneurial based system.

Then there are studies saying that short people live longer, wouldn't that give them a greater opportunity to earn more over their longer lifespan?

At the end of that day stuff is irrelevant, if you're a grown man and don't know that by now...I don't know what to tell you.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Are you dense?

#1 I'm fairly certain that "nutritionally deprived aboriginal immigrants" were not a part of these studies.
laugh.gif

#2 Once again I'll say that it doesn't have EVERYTHING to do with it. But you're out of your head if you don't think it has SOMETHING to do with it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
At you citing "Jewish lawyers and Investment bankers" and "chinese and indian computer techs" in an argument where you're trying to shoot down the idea that a differentiating physical attribute can give you an advantage.  What you're telling me is that a Jewish man will beat out a man of race (x) as an investment banker or lawyer and chinese/indian computer techs will beat out a man of race (x) due to the fact that they are from a certain part of the world or because they're of a certain race.  Do you realize how you're allowing the entire argument that I'm making to be validated by saying those things?

This is seriously funny.
Oh, it is?

Notice I said it had something to do with it, not everything.  However:

Height just seems like such a generalized thing to say. I agree though. Everyone in my work place that is making good money isn't necessarily short (with the exception of some) but the they are not necessarily tall either. If the message that you are getting across is being short has its disadvantages in life, then yes….I would agree to a certain extent but being tall never really pulls people to exceptional levels. I mean being white seems like more of an advantage in getting ahead in life then being tall is.

This, and it just so happens that the average height for a Caucasian Male is quite tall.

Originally Posted by JPEG

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by JPEG
thats ridiculous...
they put a ****** next to a Mike Golic look alike...

how many guys are that damb short? come on famb...
Yeah that dude was a mega manlet but if you take an average height person at 5'10 and line him up next to a 6'2 dude you'll get the same effect.

true.. but they said he had paper... 5'10" millionaire >>>>> 6'2" average Joe >>> ****** with paper taller than him

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

This thread gave me nightmares last night. I kept waking up in a cold sweat that I was under 6 feet.

so you wouldn't be the man you are today if you were shorter? Real life... cannot be this
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Originally Posted by alex onee

O rly? Damn bro you must be so far ahead in life
Btw top 3 forbes richest people are under 6 feet. Lolz
Warren Buffet and Bill Gates aint getting no yambs either
Gates and Buffett are both 5'10".  Average height at the worst. 

Furthermore, were talking about the general public, not geniuses and the wealthiest people on earth.  I suppose you read my statement and assumed that I believe worlds tallest man = worlds richest man.

Ummmmm I actually agreed with your statement, I was talking to the dude whose text I bolded

Originally Posted by beh235

How in the hell did this thread get this far? 5'10" checking in fwiw
I thought it was a troll/post your height thread, but dudes are making this mess hecka deep 
laugh.gif

The only time I talk about wanting to be taller is for basketball. I guess I'm learning a lot from this thread. I didn't know women looked into height that much and I've never correlated height with success either. 

Pretty interesting.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Are you dense?

#1 I'm fairly certain that "nutritionally deprived aboriginal immigrants" were not a part of these studies.
laugh.gif

#2 Once again I'll say that it doesn't have EVERYTHING to do with it. But you're out of your head if you don't think it has SOMETHING to do with it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
At you citing "Jewish lawyers and Investment bankers" and "chinese and indian computer techs" in an argument where you're trying to shoot down the idea that a differentiating physical attribute can give you an advantage.  What you're telling me is that a Jewish man will beat out a man of race (x) as an investment banker or lawyer and chinese/indian computer techs will beat out a man of race (x) due to the fact that they are from a certain part of the world or because they're of a certain race.  Do you realize how you're allowing the entire argument that I'm making to be validated by saying those things?

1) Nice way to lump all of those words together and act like that's what I said. If immigrants from "3rd world nations", who tend to be shorter on average or aboriginal Australians (2.5% of the Australian population, almost 100% dirt poor) were not accounted for then its a biased and non-sensical survey. It discounts the true soci-economic factors, which dictate income....historical access to capital, education and connections. Survey income disparities among tall/short people from Park Avenue Manhattan (or any upper class neighborhood) and compare that with height : income fluctuations amongst South Bronx residents (any inner city) and you will see that they don't match...once that nonsense is out the way, then you can do some research on the real factors that lead to income disparity.

2) The fastest growing job sectors are medicine & technology, at home and abroad...Asians (Indians included ) and Nigerians are dominating those sectors. All of those nations have average heights of almost 5 inches shorter than the U.S.. Is that stopping them from dominating employment in those fields?

3) Again, you're making stuff up. I never said they would get a job over anyone based on ethnicity, I just asked it they were having a hard time finding employment because of their small stature. And you're not aware that certain ethnicities dominate certain fields/industries? Its not inherently because of their race, its because of a litany of other socio-economic factors like culture (value placed on education), level of education, discrimination/acceptance, national economic/education/immigration policies in their home countries etc.

Yea...but I'm the dense one.

Cats like you are the reason the U.S. is slipping. Puffing out your chest cause you're 5'11''
laugh.gif
. Be easy duke, show me something of value that being 5'11' has got you or you're just stroking your ego.

The one field that you would think taller men have would dominate income potential in is athletics.....until you pick up the new Forbes and see that an athlete a foot shorter than the rest of the pack is head and shoulders over the taller athletes in income generation....$$$ Mayweather @ $85 million a year (with no endorsements). Confidence, experience and ability...ALL THAT MATTERS IN LIFE.

Humans come in all shapes and sizes, bros. That's a fact of life, its one of the main things that makes life beautiful and worth living. Embrace and love who you are, as you're a living reflection of your ancestors. Be the best you and don't let worrying about other people make you insecure. Only your own thoughts can hold you back. Don't let something as irrelevant as height foster personal insecurity or arrogance...killing your true potential in the process.

I think both sides of this argument can recognize the points the other is trying to make.  Of course there are exceptions and outliers to every stance on here. 

The debate/argument is erupting from the refusal to acknowledge the other person has a point. 

Some of the justifications in here are comedy...
roll.gif

Take a long pause and don't be so short-sighted.  Be easy. 

5'8 with a crazy wingspan. I aint eem mad

Bball - Advantage because of that 'wow, how's he get the ball" factor
football - Advantage. Short stocky dudes make great RB's
Getting Yambs- Disadvantage. Chicks love tall dudes. no matter how goofy looking and useless they are.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Im 6'1 but my feet are size 10 thank god :smile:
Shoe size is one thing i have a problem with. I wear a size 12 and hate how websites bump price up for bigger sizes. I got a problem with Kanye West buying up all the varsity/infrared 6s too.
laugh.gif
I'ma cut my toes off one of these days.
laugh.gif

Cats like you are the reason the U.S. is slipping. Puffing out your chest cause you're 5'11''
laugh.gif
. Be easy duke, show me something of value that being 5'11' has got you or you're just stroking your ego.

Dude,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I posted articles about the topic at hand. Nowhere did I say I was uber successful nor do I consider myself "tall", I didn't even talk about being 5'11 til you brought it up.
laugh.gif
Show me where I "puffed my chest out" about being 5'11"... And don't say my screen name.
laugh.gif

I'm done with this article, show me studies and research that contradict the studies that I posted from credible sources and I'll continue the conversation.  Were talking about human evolution and psychology here, where social cues dictate the argument.

Guy above talking all this mess about height is everything, are you pulling any yambs with your height? Because from the looks of it, I don't think your face helps.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by VietStar

Guy above talking all this mess about height is everything, are you pulling any yambs with your height? Because from the looks of it, I don't think your face helps.
grin.gif

It appears you're talking to me, and I've gone out of my way multiple times in this thread to make it clear that height is not everything.  Thanks for paying attention.

And I'm married since you want to know about the yambs pulled.

Jesus Christ this thread
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You would think this was about religion or race. I never thought there would be such debate about height, especially
when once you're in college (or reach the age of 20+), there's so many other actually important factors that can contribute to your success/failures. Height is like a middle 

school/high school factor, when you're all "He pickin on me
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif
", or "Just cause I'm 6'7" doesn't mean I play basketball
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
". Good lord
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom