What does it feel like being short?

i was 5' as a freshman in high school. !*$!*+ were already 5'7 by then and outweighed me by like 25 lbs

in short (pun intended), being short SUCKS.

i had random growth spurts thru hs and graduated at 5'9. then i grew 5 inches after high school. i'm 6'2 now and i'd be thoroughly depressed if i was short.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

so this is basically a misc thread. cool

It most definitely is
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toast1985

I have to keep in mind the average age of most of you guys before I really get into explanations.

As you mature OP, you understand how height takes a back seat to confidence, education, and financial gain in this country. I cannot de-emphasize the benefits of being tall, but it doesn't cast a shadow upon things that really matter when you speak amongst adults.
Well put toast. I've always been on the shorter end in comparison to my friends. Early in life and even through college it had its disadvantages, but somewhere along the way I realized it wasn't as important as I made it out to be. I focused on the positive qualities I had and did what I could to emphasize them. I wouldn't mind being a few inches taller, but I'm good with my height, but more importantly I'm good with myself. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JPEG

I'm not trying to rustle anyone's jimmies but I believe it's far more difficult in society for short males when it comes to girls and certain careers.
It definitely is. Just based off personal observation, my vertically challenged homies, even if they said the same things or used the same foolproof methods I used...might not get the cake at the end of the night (humble brag).

It shouldn't have an affect on long term relationships though....*kanye shrug*

I think the height thing with guys for women happens outside of high school. I grew up in an area where most of the people at my high school were Filipino and they all had game. Later in college and in work, most girls would be turned off about height. I never knew for that to be a big problem since I never saw short guys not getting girls growing up.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

The replies of the people are a telling sign on their height.
laugh.gif

Op is trolling, though.
WORD
laugh.gif
Some are cool about it...but you can tell those that are bothered, even if they're playing it off slick.

Salt Lake City, Utah NT.

Walking into a random place and (usually) towering over everyone else =
pimp.gif

6'1 Asian here.... definitely appreciate

girls telling you make them feel safer than their boyfriends in front of their boyfriends
laugh.gif

walk into a place and and people can't help but look at you
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

girls have tippytoe to kiss and hug you

It is nice that people who are like 6' to 6'1 saying
pimp.gif
about their height, but I'm 6'4 and don't feel all that tall. Probably because I'm middle of the road height wise on my team.
I feel like I'm at a perfect height, but I'd prefer to be an inch or two taller for recruiting purposes.

Being 6'4 is definitely an advantage when it comes to hitting on the wemenz though. :nthat:

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

girls telling you make them feel safer than their boyfriends in front of their boyfriends
laugh.gif

You not that tall bruh
grin.gif

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Originally Posted by MMG

6'2 here
pimp.gif

Man we're like short tall people tho ( im 6'2 also), it's seriously underrated how many 6'2 Sz 13 guys there really are, we're a dime a dozen and I don't like it at all, i rarely run into girls taller than me which is the upside but 6'2 Ain't even special, I wish I was 6'4 now that's legit
Is it really that rare??

I'm 6'1 Size 13. I don't really feel that tall all the time though either, but 98% of the girls I see are shorter than me, which is good.

Underlined is hecka true for me! That's what I tell all of my 6'4 friends.

Yea I definitely meant overrated, good catch

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

laugh.gif

You not that tall bruh
grin.gif

he is for an asain... thats like bein 6'7 another race
laugh.gif

i have a 6"2 - 6'3 asain boy that gets alllll the asian wimminz

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I think the height thing with guys for women happens outside of high school. I grew up in an area where most of the people at my high school were Filipino and they all had game. Later in college and in work, most girls would be turned off about height. I never knew for that to be a big problem since I never saw short guys not getting girls growing up.

Every short Filipino dude I know has ridiculous game.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Finally hit 6'0 earlier this year.
grin.gif

Always felt like a tall mofo even around taller mofos.

It would be nice to have a few more inches so I could look nice in fitted suits other than that I'm pretty comfortable where I'm at.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

laugh.gif

You not that tall bruh
grin.gif

He probably is where he is from. I am from San Francisco and a lot of the clubs are asian populated. I am 6'1, too, and am always one of the tallest people there.

Let your boy cook.

Originally Posted by JPEG

I'm not trying to rustle anyone's jimmies but I believe it's far more difficult in society for short males when it comes to girls and certain careers.
iBMwGEGKecx8n.gif

dude didnt even post his height

6'4". its pretty legit especially with the boots then im like 6'6
just saying u dont have to try and every female will notice you+ pretty much every girl says they want a tall guy. being tall is a definite+++. the amount of yambs outweigh occasionally hitting your head.

im suprised at how many 6 footers are posting in this thread. I see many more people from 5'3-5'8 throughout my day than giants.
Im 5'5 btw. Im cool with it, since its not something that i have any control over. Its silly to worry about height

Also as for the short guy getting ahead in the world etc. On the outset that may be the case, your actual skill at what you do matters more. 

Back
Top Bottom