What does it take to be an artist?

Joined Jun 3, 2007
man I hear a lot of dudes on here and honestly...no offense I don't feel most of you. You all sound the same, even when someone is like "check myhomeboy" I'm like "he sounds like ___" There are a few I really mess with outside of the signed dudes, not saying who but there are a coupleof you out there. Not saying I'm the best, *Shameless plug* Check my newest joint "I want to go to hell"*shameless plug* But like what does ittake to be a good artist. Love of music isn't enough n e more. when I say good artist i don't mean selling artist I mean being on the blu, wale, domken, asher roth level? What do they have. I've always wondered.

lilstarz07

Banned
Joined Jun 1, 2008
i know youll think im nuts time but i completely annihilated that beat you gave me ... i firmly believe i could be a rapper if eminem didnt exist and asherdidnt flop lol

Joined Jun 3, 2007
Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i know youll think im nuts time but i completely annihilated that beat you gave me ... i firmly believe i could be a rapper if eminem didnt exist and asher didnt flop lol
For some reason I thought you looked like that Nipsey dude like honestly I have no idea why but def didn't think you were Caucasian until just now. BTWAsher didn't flop his CD is hot, he just didn't sell well.

lilstarz07

Banned
Joined Jun 1, 2008
i have to record it with better @@#% i used my friends mic we use for ps3 lol ... but im gettin on it ... ill hit you when its done

Joined Oct 1, 2008
you have to be able to command a large group of people with your music at first ,if they feel you then proceed to making more music and hopefully you get theexposure that you want. i feel like i can blow up right now if i wanted to but i just dont think im ready for all that attention and the life that comes withit.if i do go ahead and bring myself out i would be the first person to put the Big D on the map.

devildog1776

Banned
Joined Jun 2, 2008
Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

ehh... just b creative and know what works best for u...

1 main thing i see alot is dudes will hear a hot beat and rap on it... just cuz its hot... stuff has to fit u as an artist... just cuz somethin is dope dont mean its for u...

and u gotta b able to feel the $%!@ u sayin... if u dont feel it nobody else will cuz ull come off like u bored or somethin... thats y imo its easier to spit real $%!@...

QFT PEEP THE SIG

D

Deleted member 41978

"i need a pad/ i need a pen/ i need a place to go"

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now