What Does It Take To Gain Fans NKETLK

So I just release this new mixtape on datpiff and looking to gain fans I've been doing this for a while I got the beats I got the lyrics but no plays?
eyes.gif

First off, focus on your presentation and product. Make sure that is up to par. Maybe try getting some real honest opinions about your product and go from there.

Secondly, you want to promote the project right. Don't spam, and beg people to listen to it. Be steady, and deliberate in your promotion, but don't spam. Giving out hard copies, sharing the link to your project accordingly, all can be spam too if done wrong.

Finally, if all of this is in order, patience and time. Nothing happens over night, just have to keep going until you catch on.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

First off, focus on your presentation and product. Make sure that is up to par. Maybe try getting some real honest opinions about your product and go from there.

Secondly, you want to promote the project right. Don't spam, and beg people to listen to it. Be steady, and deliberate in your promotion, but don't spam. Giving out hard copies, sharing the link to your project accordingly, all can be spam too if done wrong.

Finally, if all of this is in order, patience and time. Nothing happens over night, just have to keep going until you catch on.
Well actually that's what I looking for real opinions and a friend told me about nike talk one day and said that posting on here well get you some constructive criticism.
Also, as far as spam goes well I usually send links out to a couple dj via twitter and mainly people I know but the people I know is into that trap music so it's kind of difficult to appeal to them.

I'm mainly looking to appeal to a audience that's is all about lyrics and like stuff that's different.

I have plenty patients but I'm trying to gain some loyal fans and not the people I know as far as hard copies goes that's basically obsolete therefore, I just focus on digital copies only mainly because

everyone using mp3 players today and iPods and ect. 

Originally Posted by alexanderthegr8

Well actually that's what I looking for real opinions and a friend told me about nike talk one day and said that posting on here well get you some constructive criticism.
Also, as far as spam goes well I usually send links out to a couple dj via twitter and mainly people I know but the people I know is into that trap music so it's kind of difficult to appeal to them.

I'm mainly looking to appeal to a audience that's is all about lyrics and like stuff that's different.

I have plenty patients but I'm trying to gain some loyal fans and not the people I know as far as hard copies goes that's basically obsolete therefore, I just focus on digital copies only mainly because

Well, if your @'ing DJ's on twitter with links to your music, I doubt that will result in success. It might, but the chances are kind of low.
And as far as posting your music in Niketalk, this is like the gauntlet. 
laugh.gif
. You will definitely get some honest opinions from NT about your music, they are even sometimes harder than the people on the outside world. Thick skin is for sure necessary if you post your music on NT.

Appealing to a certain audience? That's cool, but your audience, depending on how good you are and how far you go in music, will dictate itself. You shouldn't worry about that.

And if Nipsey Hussle, Dom Kennedy, Qualmes, Kendrick Lamar, YG, Mac Miller, etc. all do hard copies, then you (as well as any other artist) should do it too. There's still a market for them. You just have to build a fanbase. 

Well, if your @'ing DJ's on twitter with links to your music, I doubt that will result in success. It might, but the chances are kind of low.
And as far as posting your music in Niketalk, this is like the gauntlet. 
laugh.gif
. You will definitely get some honest opinions from NT about your music, they are even sometimes harder than the people on the outside world. Thick skin is for sure necessary if you post your music on NT.

Appealing to a certain audience? That's cool, but your audience, depending on how good you are and how far you go in music, will dictate itself. You shouldn't worry about that.

And if Nipsey Hussle, Dom Kennedy, Qualmes, Kendrick Lamar, YG, Mac Miller, etc. all do hard copies, then you (as well as any other artist) should do it too. There's still a market for them. You just have to build a fanbase. 
I can respect that with the hard copies also, I'm prepared for the opinions of you nike talkers no matter what one says I will still do this.
Also, I will grown from the criticism that will give me a idea of what to focus on more.

It takes creative promotion/marketing.

Posting on Niketalk won't get you anywhere. Get some cash and build your brand.

promotion/marketing/networking and patience...

NT can attest to that... they watched me go from no one giving a +#*+ to consistent multiple page posts for every song/video

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

NT can attest to that... they watched me go from no one giving a +#*+ to consistent multiple page posts for every song/video
But at the same time, you're a well known POSTER on these forums. Most of the time these people just come out of the woodwork to post on here...why the %%*% would anyone support that? 
OP's 1st post was about his mixtape, might as well be spam in the eyes of NT. Then you got DocFranchise spamming the %++! out of this forum, this Jet 2 bum...the list goes on. 

The thing all you nobody's have in common is you're all one trick ponys. You make music, and that's where it ends. There is absolutely no marketing/scheming behind your product. Just the same old methods that everyone else has.

stay working on your music, focus on quality more than quantity

you don't want to over-saturate crap if it doesn't sound good

start to get booked for shows at local clubs and it helps a lot if you can get a manager that you can depend on

one of my friends back home that started rapping this year, he's doing well.

if you want this music as much or more than any rapper out right now, you really have to put your full focus on it.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

But at the same time, you're a well known POSTER on these forums. Most of the time these people just come out of the woodwork to post on here...why the %%*% would anyone support that? 
OP's 1st post was about his mixtape, might as well be spam in the eyes of NT. Then you got DocFranchise spamming the %++! out of this forum, this Jet 2 bum...the list goes on. 

The thing all you nobody's have in common is you're all one trick ponys. You make music, and that's where it ends. There is absolutely no marketing/scheming behind your product. Just the same old methods that everyone else has.

Excellent so what would you say is a good marketing scheme then I mean just put yourself in the shoes of the person that's trying to gain a fan base and have insufficient funds therefore, you have to take a different approach because everyone doesn't have cash if you listen to any song I state that I'm broke.
Also, I don't need trolls not saying that you're a troll but this is basically suggestions to gain fans and get new ones from nike talk.

If I had money to blow yes that would be easy but I don't I've got some connects to the local radio station and a couple DJ's but they want money and as for now money is not abundant so by all means necessary I'm trying to promote via internet where half of society spend there leisure time.

Think about it when was the last time you actually listen to someone that's underground beside the person everyone is listening to that's the problem with people now and days they cry for music that isn't wack, that is lyrical, and sounds different but would whether pass up on it because well the person who is promoting is on a forums.
indifferent.gif

You ask your self when was the last time you bout a cd off the street yet alone even play a cd most people are either playing songs through their iPod or Mp3.

Another thing is that cd's cost money to not expensive for a few but, in large quantities it will add up thus resulting in spending a lot of cash.

I will like to add, what was the last mixtape some passed out to you for free and you actually followed up on he or she and supported.

It's all about a image it's not the musicians and artist it's the people that are the fans things have changed we are in a new age just like tape cassettes people don't really mess with cd's not to say they are not fully obsolete but, they're on a verge of being that.

Originally Posted by FullTech

stay working on your music, focus on quality more than quantity

you don't want to over-saturate crap if it doesn't sound good

start to get booked for shows at local clubs and it helps a lot if you can get a manager that you can depend on

one of my friends back home that started rapping this year, he's doing well.

if you want this music as much or more than any rapper out right now, you really have to put your full focus on it.

Great response I've had experience doing shows in LA but ever since I've moved back to Memphis it's kind of been slow since they don't have as many venues as a larger city I was once in a beat battle that was rigged I got exposure but, due to the fact that it was made for a certain person to win it was basically pointless.
I went to a recording engineer school that taught me how to have good quality mixes but, things such as Big Ben word clocks, AD to DA converters, Neuaman U-47/U-87, Pro tools HD, and SSL consoles require cash so it's very hard to expect superior quality from someone who's cash is inadequate.

Not to say it's impossible to have a good sounding mix but I could go all day on that note which I'm not. 

As far as performing that is what I'm trying to build towards I don't want to be rich just make a living off of something I love and have a good number of loyal fans.

That way if I do have a show I will not have to pay for play.

Excellent so what would you say is a good marketing scheme then I mean just put yourself in the shoes of the person that's trying to gain a fan base and have insufficient funds therefore, you have to take a different approach because everyone doesn't have cash if you listen to any song I state that I'm broke.
Also, I don't need trolls not saying that you're a troll but this is basically suggestions to gain fans and get new ones from nike talk.

If I had money to blow yes that would be easy but I don't I've got some connects to the local radio station and a couple DJ's but they want money and as for now money is very abundant so by all means necessary I'm trying to promote via internet where half of society spend there leisure time.

Think about it when was the last time you actually listen to someone that's underground beside the person everyone is listening to that's the problem with people now and days they cry for music that isn't wack, that is lyrical, and sounds different but would whether pass up on it because well the person who is promoting is on a forums.
indifferent.gif

You ask your self when was the last time you bout a cd off the street yet alone even play a cd most people are either playing songs through their iPod or Mp3.

Another thing is that cd's cost money to not expensive for a few but, in large quantities it will add up thus resulting in spending a lot of cash.

I will like to add, what was the last mixtape some passed out to you for free and you actually followed up on he or she and supported.

It's all about a image it's not the musicians and artist it's the people that are the fans things have changed we are in a new age just like tape cassettes people don't really mess with cd's not to say they are not fully obsolete but, they're on a verge of being that.
You gotta have money to spend money to make money. So I suggest you get your cash up.

Jet doesn't post on here, and he's far from a bum, doubt you even listen to say that.
grin.gif

Regardless, the rest of your post I agree with. 

But at the same time, you're a well known POSTER on these forums. Most of the time these people just come out of the woodwork to post on here...why the +$#* would anyone support that? 
OP's 1st post was about his mixtape, might as well be spam in the eyes of NT. Then you got DocFranchise spamming the *++% out of this forum, this Jet 2 bum...the list goes on. 

mingling with the people ur trying to get heard by is part of promotion to me... like before u follow a rapper on twitter u check to see if they actually tweet real tweets or is it all promo... thats why people read/watch interviews. they want to connect wit the artist as well as the music

Originally Posted by Zeus23

the tape is good use your resources

I appreciate that brother I'm trying my hardest but as they say two head think better than one so I'm glad everyone is so helpful at nike talk. 
Also, I've been trying to mingle with people instead of just saying listen to my stuff because that can be quite annoying.

Basically what I do is talk to them ask them what type of music they like. What they like about the music they listen to and why they listen to 

it. MUSICAL EXCELLER, I will take that interview thing into consideration maybe I need to elaborate more about why I rap good look.

1. get a co-sign
2. have a ridiculously creative video
3. do a %+@$ load of shows

and i'm not even *!+$$$#*@#+%. that's how it's been working as of late.

I get alot of fans from shows, we did close to 80 shows last year performing 2 times a week on average in the southeast and midwest. U can start out in open mics to practice your performance and gain a little buzz there but you have to branch out from that, don't stay too local. I honestly never bother posting anything on NT tho because I doubt they will support lol.

Have some sampled beats and you'll gain nt'ers.
Get Lex Luger and you'll have some southern support

Back
Top Bottom