What gasoline do you use?

Caltex did a comparison where they drove a some cars under identical conditions and they found that the premium fuel got better economy due to the additives not the octane rating.

i ride the bus
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 4U2C

I never fill up at cheap gas stations

and octane 93 is okay for cars requiring 87. It will give your engine and fuel lines a good cleaning
no, just no.

you are right about cheap gas though.  all you guys going to costco should stop.  their gas is awful and messed up my mom and sisters car.  my sister works their and all the employees cars were acting up.  they found out their gas is terrible quality.  got their cars fixed and stopped filling up there, problem solved.

Originally Posted by Patent2305

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

87 costco on my 2011 M3

I hope your joking.

Why not? One of my neighbors (he's a cashier for Wendys) has a Nissan GTR and he also puts Costco 87.

He said the car actually shifts smoother and gained 15 horsepowers! I can feel the VTEC ALLL DAYYY SON!

Originally Posted by voodoo

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

I drive a vehicle that requires premium... But I like to put cheap 87/unleaded gas. Still runs awesome!

roll.gif
 I hope you don't plan on keeping that car very long.  It still runs "awesome" because the computer has adjusted the timing to help get rid of some of the knocking.  

If you can't afford premium fuel, why purchase a car that requires it?  You can't afford the fuel, but you can afford an engine repair bill?  Also if the car is new... kiss that warranty goodbye.

Man my first car was a Audi A6 passed down to me cause of a death in the family. It asked for 91 but I was 17 working 12hrs a week paying for my own gas and trust, that extra $0.30 on the gallon hurt so I'd only fill up with 87. 18 months later the engine was wrecked.

Engine repair bill came and my moms just
roll.gif

*sigh* if I only had a clue at the time.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

WHOA! Now that's spontaneous! You just one up'd me! Good job man.
laugh.gif
That won't work. Besides, you'd wreck the engine. 
ohwell.gif

IMPOSSIBLE! DIESEL NOZZLE WONT FIT IN A REGULAR GAS TANK!!!!
I figured he was trolling so I trolled back. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom