What happened to the White-Americans NBA players?

Here's a stat: Last White-American NBA All Star starter? John Stockton in 1997....
eek.gif

On Outside the Lines on ESPN, their running a segment on the decline of White-Americans in the NBA. Only 9.9% of them are in he NBA compared to 73% AfricanAmerican players. What a turn of events from the 1960's-1980's huh?

Theirs also x2 more Foreign Players in the NBA than White Americans. Crazy

I think it all comes down to just how much the game has changed from teams player at slower paces in the earlier stages in the NBA to now when teams likePhoenix Suns score in 8-10 seconds on average! Teams have to keep up with the pace that these teams have and having speed & athleticism over the way it wasplayed back then is in.

Has their even been a HS star with such hype like John Wall or LeBron? Maybe Kevin Love?
indifferent.gif

Whats your take on it?

Originally Posted by RoOk

Here's a stat: Last White-American NBA All Star starter? John Stockton in 1997....
eek.gif

On Outside the Lines on ESPN, their running a segment on the decline of White-Americans in the NBA. Only 9.9% of them are in he NBA compared to 73% African American players. What a turn of events from the 1960's-1980's huh?

Theirs also x2 more Foreign Players in the NBA than White Americans. Crazy

I think it all comes down to just how much the game has changed from teams player at slower paces in the earlier stages in the NBA to now when teams like Phoenix Suns score in 8-10 seconds on average!

Whats your take on it?

laugh.gif
x
smh.gif
so, what you're saying is.....

Nobody wants to watch scrappy white dudes. I don't give a damn how much "heart" and "passion" they have.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Adam Morrison and JJ Redick were supposed to be the saviors!

lulz
I Still can't believe Morrison was picked 3rd and now is the LAST player off the bench for the Lakers.
laugh.gif

a thread about hating on white sports players and chester, shannon and DLo already in here

KLJ coming soon

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

a thread about hating on white sports players and chester, shannon and DLo already in here

KLJ coming soon

roll.gif

Lol , i aint hating on em' Im just saying what happened to them!?!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Nobody Everyone wants to watch scrappy white athletic black dudes. I don't We give a damn how much "heart" "natural talent" and "passion" "upside" they have.

Marketing. Athletic tall black guys sell tickets. Fundamental basketball (alone*) does not (on the professional level). But we could see a change in the nearfuture. There is a reason for all of this recent talk of player developement and team basketball and I believe that it's tied in with Nash winningback-to-back MVP awards.

*I'm not saying those people can't play fundamental basketball.

Spoiler [+]
I'm black...

and that matters.

Originally Posted by swizzc

Originally Posted by DLo13

Nobody Everyone wants to watch scrappy white athletic black dudes. I don't We give a damn how much "heart" "natural talent" and "passion" "upside" they have.
Racist.
laugh.gif

cc_bird.jpg

this buds for you!

this man will be doing work in the league. 20/10 that's how he gets down
Spoiler [+]
LUKEHARANGODY6_7A150.JPG

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Marketing. Athletic tall black guys sell tickets. Fundamental basketball (alone*) does not (on the professional level). But we could see a change in the near future. There is a reason for all of this recent talk of player developement and team basketball and I believe that it's tied in with Nash winning back-to-back MVP awards.

*I'm not saying those people can't play fundamental basketball.

Spoiler [+]
I'm black...

and that matters.
are you saying "those people" just don't play enough fundamental basketball?

If Joe Alexander could actually play basketball...America would eat him up

It's going to take a white guy...pause but easy on the eyes...athletic...exciting...franchise level player and I guarantee David Stern will Eminem him

Back
Top Bottom