What happened to the White-Americans NBA players?

375208_3.jpg

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

I think it comes down to the culture of the game. Why are there so many more white Europeans than American white guys? Because they grow up in basketball systems and truly believe they can become great players. In America, every good to great white kid grows up with a different mindset. It's a cycle that is just entrenched in our culture. Not saying that is the end all, but I think that plays a part.

It's not like these white Europeans are great "athletes."
IMO
Manu is one of the most athletic players in the league and that's real.
Yeah buts thats one, I see what Bealls saying, if you look at most of the Euro guys, most of them have equal athleticism to the White guys in the L.
Yeah but Manu is from Argentina. Last time I checked, and it's been a while, but Argentina was in South America. So Ginobli is, in fact, notEuro
smile.gif

It's hard to explain, for sure.

There's plenty of white kids growing up playing ball in the same types of environments as black kids, playing side by side with them minute for minute - soI don't buy that black athletes just want it more.

At the end of the day, it just seems like the black athlete in this country is going to be superior athletically more often than the white athlete, andthat's the biggest difference. There's plenty of white guys with the shooting, passing, and scoring abilities to play at that level, but very few havethe size and quickness combination to handle the competition in the NBA and even college to a lesser extent.

As far as the white european guys - I think you have to realize you're pretty much pulling the best basketball players in those entire countries out,it's not like there's dozens of guys from every country taking spots in the NBA, it's the best of the best from other nationalities.

And I also think this stuff goes in cycles - yeah it's been 30 years of the league dominated by black guys, but 30 years is the blink of an eye in the longrun. Let's see how things look in another 30 years.

Cause white people suck at basketball.

What the heck kind of question is this?

You seen what Mike Dunleavy said.

Its just an ignorant culture.

What percentage of the White American population plays good basketball after 8th grade?

Honestly though, Luke Ridnour is having himself a great season. Finally shooting it well.

Originally Posted by Two One Supreme

stockton in 1997 was not the last one. Stockton 2000, W. Szcerlfksfvdohbiak 2002 B. Miller 2003
He said started in an All Star Game.

I think it all has to do with the quality of foods they eat. A lot of black players come from low income areas, and they eat nothing but lowquality foods that are jacked up with more hormones preservatives and artificial ingredients, which in turns makes them grow to be bigger and stronger thantheir white counterparts who eat healthier foods
laugh.gif

WASHINGTON - The estimated time when whites will no longer make up the majority of Americans has been pushed back eight years - to 2050 - because the recession and stricter immigration policies have slowed the flow of foreigners into the U.S.

Census Bureau figures released Wednesday update last year's prediction that white children would become a minority in 2023 and the overall white population would follow in 2042. The earlier estimate did not take into account a drop in the number of people moving into the U.S. because of the economic crisis and the immigration policies imposed after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

The 2050 estimate is one of four projections released that is based on rates for births and deaths and a scenario in which immigration continues its more recent, slower pace of adding nearly 1 million new foreigners each year. Demographers said that scenario offers the best look for now at the future demographic makeup based on current conditions, rather than other models which assume higher rates of immigration.

this came out today, im sure DLO and KLJ are happy
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

yeah it's been 30 years of the league dominated by black guys, but 30 years is the blink of an eye in the long run. Let's see how things look in another 30 years.
Wow, so the entire NBA and all its history has only been in existence for just barely over TWO blinks of an eye?

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

I think it all has to do with the quality of foods they eat. A lot of black players come from low income areas, and they eat nothing but low quality foods that are jacked up with more hormones preservatives and artificial ingredients, which in turns makes them grow to be bigger and stronger than their white counterparts who eat healthier foods
laugh.gif

damn you might be on to something...but i know some pretty athletic rich kids too so that isn't all it

quality of food?
roll.gif

that is moronic.

Please tell me yall dont really believe every black person in the NBA is from low income and poverty
grin.gif
...talk about stereotypes..

Back
Top Bottom