What happened to yall dressin better cats??...

Originally Posted by NattyBro

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

If he want to dress up like to fill in scantrons in his 1st lecture of the day that's cool with me, I could care less. My only point for the 18th time is that you can't sit here and tell me dressing a certain way JUST to standout isn't equally as corny as jumping on every trend and switching your gear out depending on what's 'hot' currently. This dude got pics of him and his peers at a normal event and he looks like the oddball b/c he went to dinner for 20 year olds and everyone in jean shorts and tee shirts and he in full on formal wear talking about 'she didn't know i was suiting up.' That's corny to me, sue me.

In other words, you have a problem with him being "suited up" at informal events than you do with him dressing differently? Because I would feel corny if I went to a party and some random dude had on the same top, bottom, and/or shoes that I'm wearing too.

what if he had the same suit and hard bottoms on as you...
indifferent.gif

Like I said, I would feel corny if guy was wearing the same suit as me, and I would feel even more corny if I had a t-shirt that read, "Natty Broh", but you'll never catch me wearing that s*#t! hahaha

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

If he want to dress up like to fill in scantrons in his 1st lecture of the day that's cool with me, I could care less. My only point for the 18th time is that you can't sit here and tell me dressing a certain way JUST to standout isn't equally as corny as jumping on every trend and switching your gear out depending on what's 'hot' currently. This dude got pics of him and his peers at a normal event and he looks like the oddball b/c he went to dinner for 20 year olds and everyone in jean shorts and tee shirts and he in full on formal wear talking about 'she didn't know i was suiting up.' That's corny to me, sue me.

In other words, you have a problem with him being "suited up" at informal events than you do with him dressing differently? Because I would feel corny if I went to a party and some random dude had on the same top, bottom, and/or shoes that I'm wearing too.

what if he had the same suit and hard bottoms on as you...
indifferent.gif
Chances of someone rocking the same suit as you are very slim. Don't know what you are really trying to get it here bro. The way you put it you are basically in a lose lose situation, if you wear something different you're corny , if you wear the same thing you're a trend hopper. How do you get dressed everyday w/o being corny or a trendhopper?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

I still don't get how you dont understand what i wrote...it was mad clear. I can tell some of yall just wasnt browsing the boards like that cause anyone who was here circa 808s and Heartbreaks would tell you how ppl was hopping off sneakers like Sara Jay at around the 35 minute mark and googling "desert boots" and "ao sperrys".

Now its "Snap back, foams, and tattoos"????? Now cats who never seen the boy bubbachuck yank on camby in they life got eastbay servers doing gymnastics cause the red toes drop????

I guarantee...i already foresee it. Soon its gonna be that even certain Jordan retros are going to be wack to wear out here. After all these initial Js drop in the era where people buying so many kicks that they are going to stay new looking by default....Jordan gonna sttuggle to sell rereretros. And Yeezy gonna wear all black 15s with leather pants and have people falling over themselves to wear Js (though i love them) nobody ever talks about. Those gonna be the cool Js to wear in a year, watch.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
what is this new type of wordplay
laugh.gif
? OPs posts are comedy..another wisepharaoh
nerd.gif
?

Dressing a certain way just to be different is just as corny as dressing to fit in....

Both are letting the majority define their style

One by purposely watching popular style and copying it just to fit in... 

The other by watching popular style then rejecting it just to stand out...

Whenever popular style changes... so will the dressing habits of both these groups.

I don't get why some of you insist in clowning dudes in a thread who are just there to help others, don't know if you noticed but that is one of the more mature threads in this forum and I'm sure all those who contribute, myself included don't do it thinking "well we are the staple of what dressing better is" we simply contribute and welcome criticism, If any of you feel "dressing better" has a different meaning than what we contribute, why instead of clowning from the sidelines, don't you guys spread your knowledge?...seems unfair that you say is wrong but don't have the decency to tell us how it can be done the right way.

Funny thing 80% of the time I'm in slim jeans/chinos, broken in tee and some running shoes or jays...when I dress up for an event I take the time to contribute to the thread.

The "dressing better" thread is nothing more than a more defined WDYWT thread, don't see the pleasure in clowning individuals who want to contribute in a positive way.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by damn its me

^^Sycamore Ave. in LA...
So this is what folks have been doing back home since I left...
laugh.gif

Srs, though I think it's partially a region thing...  Most of my folks from back home dress like that, when I moved up to San Francisco (nh) there was a lot more a need for layering, and walking around the city you just make a different sense of how to put an outfit together.  Plus you get a hard time for looking like you fell out of a drake video casting call in SF, whereas in LA you are championed for it.

Now im in Houston, and I'm having to learn to dress all over again
laugh.gif
...it's too hot out here for cable knits and self edge denim
tired.gif

please tell me auto correct did this
"Self Edge" is a brand of denim bro
laugh.gif

jose, i appreciate the support on this cause.  and natty, you keep saying that you had to repeat yourself 5-6x and no one gets it but check yourself.   you stay saying i dress differently to stand out, but read the post fambs, you bolded yourself "but dressing better cats do it to be different ".  not once did i say i do it stand out.. you keep coming at that stand point but that was never the case to begin with.  im done with this bro.  all im going to leave it as however i dress is however i dress.  dudes wanna call me corny in the db thread by all means.  im not here to please NT.  too much controversy to get everything to be cool with you.  im concerned with myself.  NT do NT.

Originally Posted by Pinoy732

jose, i appreciate the support on this cause.  and natty, you keep saying that you had to repeat yourself 5-6x and no one gets it but check yourself.   you stay saying i dress differently to stand out, but read the post fambs, you bolded yourself "but dressing better cats do it to be different ".  not once did i say i do it stand out.. you keep coming at that stand point but that was never the case to begin with.  im done with this bro.  all im going to leave it as however i dress is however i dress.  dudes wanna call me corny in the db thread by all means.  im not here to please NT.  too much controversy to get everything to be cool with you.  im concerned with myself.  NT do NT.

It's pointless to argue, within the DB thread is all love, is all that matters

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

A lot of people who dress a bit more "mature" would say the same thing about a man in their late 20's dressing like this (minus the gas mask):
How is that trying too hard, minus the gasmask?
A varsity jacket, plain with tee, fitted cap and the most basic sneakers possible.

What is indicative of someone trying too hard with this outfit...Please enlighten me?
Because once you reach a certain age, it'll look like you're trying to hard to keep up with young urban trends. 
laugh.gif
so he's backing up his facts with something as arbitrary as age to determine how you dress...

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by airblaster503

As someone who is actually into fashion, the dressing better thread is a joke. That dude pinoy723 makes that clear. His fits are nothing special along with 95% of the people that post in there. That thread is the same damn thing over and over. Where can I get xxx for cheap? Go back a couple pages and you see someone else has posted the same thing. Dudes need to look beyond GQ instead of being so narrow minded if they think they have the game on lock, they are just scratching the surface and don't know a damn thing about what they are talking about.
No joke please drop some knoweldge on us then. I follow that thread cause I'm in the interest of stepping my style up and I find it to be pretty helpful.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by airblaster503

As someone who is actually into fashion, the dressing better thread is a joke. That dude pinoy723 makes that clear. His fits are nothing special along with 95% of the people that post in there. That thread is the same damn thing over and over. Where can I get xxx for cheap? Go back a couple pages and you see someone else has posted the same thing. Dudes need to look beyond GQ instead of being so narrow minded if they think they have the game on lock, they are just scratching the surface and don't know a damn thing about what they are talking about.

Dressing Better, round 2?

School us. Post some examples. What well known person is beyond scratching the surface of fashion?
I am not going to go into details here, but I urge both of you to check out other sites.  Styleforum being great and pretty diverse.  The thread here on NT is so one dimensional with the way people in there seem to think.  There is more to fashion than dressing up in fitted clothing looking like you are going to work IT.  Lurk on other sites and get a better idea of what you may be into.  I used to be into more fitted clothing and dressing up but lately have been more drawn to a more drapey loose look, and I am not talking about baggy jeans. RFX45 is probably the only consistent dude in there who used to post good stuff.  wj4 is good but I am not really a fan of a lot of his fits,even when he throws on a TOJ leather it looks out of place to me for his style. 

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Dressing a certain way just to be different is just as corny as dressing to fit in....

Whenever popular style changes... so will the dressing habits of both these groups.

The question is, why do you specifically care?

Originally Posted by Swamp

what is worse is dudes in the "dressing better" thread have NO style… and dudes asking for info on plain blue shirts and jean shorts   
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Is not the point of the thread to share info on certain items????Feel free to post your version of style at your leisure.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

How is that trying too hard, minus the gasmask?
A varsity jacket, plain with tee, fitted cap and the most basic sneakers possible.

What is indicative of someone trying too hard with this outfit...Please enlighten me?
Because once you reach a certain age, it'll look like you're trying to hard to keep up with young urban trends. 
laugh.gif
so he's backing up his facts with something as arbitrary as age to determine how you dress...
Facts? Did I write "fact"? I thought I was speaking my opinion 
grin.gif
But enjoy rockin foams & fitteds/snapbacks pushing 30.

what's wrong with foams and fitted in your 30's? it's a pair of sneakers and a hat.  yeah if you wear it to a wedding you'll look like a douche.  if you wear it to go shopping you're cool.  you supposed to wear boat shoes and chinos everywhere once you hit a certain age? then once you hit 50 you retire the boat shoes and chinos for pleated slacks and penny loafers?

edit, you wearing a fitted in your avy?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

The question is, why do you specifically care?
I care about this argument for the sake of giving an opinion on the topic...
In real life, I don't worry about the clothes another person wears.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

what's wrong with foams and fitted in your 30's? it's a pair of sneakers and a hat.  yeah if you wear it to a wedding you'll look like a douche.  if you wear it to go shopping you're cool.  you supposed to wear boat shoes and chinos everywhere once you hit a certain age? then once you hit 50 you retire the boat shoes and chinos for pleated slacks and penny loafers?

edit, you wearing a fitted in your avy?
laugh.gif

Took that avy pic approx 5 years ago. 
Never bothered to take a new one and upload

edit. 

It's all about what your personal taste.  Personally, I don't like wearing foams and fitteds anymore, because I've grown out of that stage in my life. 

Like I said, enjoy wearing foams & fitteds/snapbacks...it just ain't for me anymore.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by damn its me

^^Sycamore Ave. in LA...
So this is what folks have been doing back home since I left...
laugh.gif

Srs, though I think it's partially a region thing...  Most of my folks from back home dress like that, when I moved up to San Francisco (nh) there was a lot more a need for layering, and walking around the city you just make a different sense of how to put an outfit together.  Plus you get a hard time for looking like you fell out of a drake video casting call in SF, whereas in LA you are championed for it.

Now im in Houston, and I'm having to learn to dress all over again
laugh.gif
...it's too hot out here for cable knits and self edge denim
tired.gif

please tell me auto correct did this
wow, clearly you've not heard of the store..shouts to kiya...
pimp.gif

any why do you think it's named such?  wonder where selvage, selvedge came from, old English root and term meaning self finished sewing upon one fabric's SELF EDGE.
grin.gif

edit:
and why has this argument dissolved in "boat shoes vs foams"?

Honestly, I didn't know folks were still getting play wearing streetwear...lord knows i was all about that style 5 years back, so I'm just as ignorant as "team foam" straight saying that oxfords and boat shoes dont get you laid
laugh.gif
  In fact I've exploited the box MUCH more with the "old man swag" than I ever did wearing kicks...but it could totally be the girls im trying to get at, which IMO has also been a huge upgrade.
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom