What happened to yall dressin better cats??...

Originally Posted by NattyBro

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by Pinoy732

I would like to say that i am an avid poster in the dressing better thread currently.  i help drop advice that i've learned over the years and post pics of my fits as well.  that being said, i am a 20 year old undergrad.  Not saying that the sneaker phase in my life is completely dead, but dressing better cats do it to be different.  When i go out to parties and see everybody, especially the white boy bro's also wearing snapbacks/gshocks/jordans, i am glad to know that that part of my life is over.  now don't get it twisted, i am not trying to wearing a tie everyday of the week but along with learning to dress better, you step up your game in many facets of everyday life.  I know when it comes to throwing on a suit, i have one of the best fitting ones in the room.  doesn't mean i'm going to wear it in any occasion but the tips learned from that thread really are applicable to day to day wear too.  Most days i find myself in a tshirt and jeans/chinos but how is me wearing sperrys trying to hard?  i look at them as just plain casual shoes.  To the "db dudes"rocking the red/blue/green joints with the matching bow tie, off yourself.  you ruin it for the rest of us.  that being said, dudes like tyga/chrisbrown/wiz are being emulated by most young people i know.  if they wanna be tatted/snapbacked out, ima let that boy cook but that's for them. 
tired.gif

Sometimes trying to be different comes off as just being corny rather it's just dressing better or dressing down.

This.  Did dude up there just say he dresses better to be different?  That's just as corny as any trend-hopper 
tired.gif
so a sense of individuality makes me a trend-hopper? 
grin.gif

if that makes sense to you, then your wardrobe is the least of your concern.

Sometimes trying to be different comes off as just being corny rather it's just dressing better or dressing down.

This.  Did dude up there just say he dresses better to be different?  That's just as corny as any trend-hopper 
tired.gif
grin.gif

No, but if your only reason for dressing up is to be different, then you're doing it wrong...

This not aimed at you specifically, but people who say things like... "I just like to be different."... What about being you? If you're only dressing up in full tuxedo gear because everyone else wearing snapbacks and sneakers, then you sir are lame. You don't really like the DB look, but since no one is really doing it, you're gonna do it so you can stand out and gain attention because you "wanna be different" right?... I don't care if everyone on my campus wear sneakers and jeans, that is not going to stop me from wearing them because I don't care about being different. I'm just being me...

Live and let others live tho... i ain't really trippin'
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

God Bless.

tired.gif
grin.gif

indifferent.gif
 reading is fundamental...so maybe dressing differently to 'stand out' should be the least of your concern...

tired.gif
grin.gif

indifferent.gif
 reading is fundamental...so maybe dressing differently to 'stand out' should be the least of your concern...
if you read the rest of my post, then maybe we wouldn't have to venture to this point.
clearly i said i am trying to be different from the rest of the regular white frat looking dudes but with a name like nattybro maybe you are upset because thats the life you are bout.
get your post count up, then maybe i'll listen....bro

Lol I get %*$+ for occasionally wearing jeans and semi decent t shirt to class. At my uni, its strictly khaki/ basketball shorts with frat/sports tees. idk how people are consistently wearing ties to class. i would get laughed at if i wore a tie just to go to class. Im trying too hard when im throwing on jeans.

grin.gif

indifferent.gif
if you read the rest of my post, then maybe we wouldn't have to venture to this point.
clearly i said i am trying to be different from the rest of the regular white frat looking dudes but with a name like nattybro maybe you are upset because thats the life you are bout.

You jumped out the window because you felt a certain way about a question I posed, and now you are back tracking to a different issue...gotcha.  You responded twice to me, and now you talking about get my post count up and you will listen? 
laugh.gif
  Keep posting your little H&M suits in the dressing better thread and seeking approval from Steezy and them fam...stay in your lane and keep killing undergrad in suits and ties to purposely 'stand out.'  You got it. 
smokin.gif

If you're wearing a suit or even a tie somewhere that ain't a corporate job or a formal occasion you are definitely trying way too hard. Clubs are probably the exception to wearing a suit/tie when it isn't a formal occasion, and even then, it's straddling the line.

indifferent.gif

You jumped out the window because you felt a certain way about a question I posed, and now you are back tracking to a different issue...gotcha.  You responded twice to me, and now you talking about get my post count up and you will listen? 
laugh.gif
  Keep posting your little H&M suits in the dressing better thread and seeking approval from Steezy and them fam...stay in your lane and keep killing undergrad in suits and ties to purposely 'stand out.'  You got it. 
smokin.gif
question?  you call me corny for trying to not follow the masses.  either you be different and be corny or trend hop and be corny.  son, no sense is made in that logic but whatever.  you dress how you want, i'll do me.  never said i'm trying to stand out, just be my own man.  do you 
grin.gif

This dude said he wants to be different multiple times, and is now saying he just wanna be his own man. If that was the case that long $$@ paragraph explaining yourself would've been more along the lines of "I just like dressing that way". That's being your own man, doing you simply cause it's what you wanna do. Not a page long summary of how you reached this point

grin.gif

indifferent.gif
Trying to be different.  Trying to be the same.  It's all trying too hard.
Why don't you just do you regardless of how many people do/don't look like you?

Originally Posted by Wade187

This dude said he wants to be different multiple times, and is now saying he just wanna be his own man. If that was the case that long $$@ paragraph explaining yourself would've been more along the lines of "I just like dressing that way". That's being your own man, doing you simply cause it's what you wanna do. Not a page long summary of how you reached this point

laugh.gif
 that was my whole point.  And he still has yet to comprehend the fact that I said dressing a certain way to purposely stand out or be different is just as corny as trend hopping.  

Dudes are preaching to Pinoy to be himself, yet everyone else is worried about what dude is doing. How about you guys take in your own advice and just worry about you wearing what makes you happy. The amount of negative responses makes me wonder why you guys put so much effort in downing the guy for doing what he wants, almost to the point that you come off as a hater .... just sayin

I think both looks work. But its very individualistic. you have to know what fits your bodily profile and wear items that fit properly. You can just adapt someone elses outfit to your frame and look, and think it will do it for you.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

If you're wearing a suit or even a tie somewhere that ain't a corporate job or a formal occasion you are definitely trying way too hard. Clubs are probably the exception to wearing a suit/tie when it isn't a formal occasion, and even then, it's straddling the line.

Yep.

Meh.. I'm more knowledgeable than most people about clothing etc.. sometimes you just feel like wearing a fitted and a tee,though. I think the most important thing is situation dressing.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Dudes are preaching to Pinoy to be himself, yet everyone else is worried about what dude is doing. How about you guys take in your own advice and just worry about you wearing what makes you happy. The amount of negative responses makes me wonder why you guys put so much effort in downing the guy for doing what he wants, almost to the point that you come off as a hater .... just sayin

And you coming off as a stan...just saying. 
grin.gif
  Nobody came in here saying anything to dude until he said he purposely dresses a certain way to stand out.  Sit down. 

grin.gif
  Nobody came in here saying anything to dude until he said he purposely dresses a certain way to stand out.  Sit down. 
Don't know how I came off like a stan just stating facts bro, but I can see how you would feel butt hurt and all seeing that those comments hit home with you ...

As someone who is actually into fashion, the dressing better thread is a joke. That dude pinoy723 makes that clear. His fits are nothing special along with 95% of the people that post in there. That thread is the same damn thing over and over. Where can I get xxx for cheap? Go back a couple pages and you see someone else has posted the same thing. Dudes need to look beyond GQ instead of being so narrow minded if they think they have the game on lock, they are just scratching the surface and don't know a damn thing about what they are talking about.

grin.gif
Don't know how I came off like a stan just stating facts bro, but I can see how you would feel butt hurt and all seeing that those comments hit home with you ...

laugh.gif
 which part hit home though bro? And what facts are you stating?  We put effort into downing him? Nah, he did that himself, and you're not helping his cause. 

Originally Posted by airblaster503

As someone who is actually into fashion, the dressing better thread is a joke. That dude pinoy723 makes that clear. His fits are nothing special along with 95% of the people that post in there. That thread is the same damn thing over and over. Where can I get xxx for cheap? Go back a couple pages and you see someone else has posted the same thing. Dudes need to look beyond GQ instead of being so narrow minded if they think they have the game on lock, they are just scratching the surface and don't know a damn thing about what they are talking about.

Dressing Better, round 2?

School us. Post some examples. What well known person is beyond scratching the surface of fashion?

laugh.gif
 which part hit home though bro? And what facts are you stating?  We put effort into downing him? Nah, he did that himself, and you're not helping his cause. 

Bro you went out of your way to make a post in which you called dude corny and a trend hopper, you mad ... The part that hit home for you was when I mentioned people such as yourself so worried about what dude is wearing and the reasons why, don't know why it affects you... Just do you and that should be all that you are worried about, you come off like a hater when you go out of your way to attack people that had no concern with you. Makes me wonder what your issue is deep down inside homie

Back
Top Bottom