Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by NooEra

Soccer
roll.gif
Makes me laugh.

Watching the WC was terrible. So much flopping
sick.gif

Growing up, the consensus was that Soccer was for girls *shrugs*
People like this is the reason the United States will NEVER win a World Cup.
That orrrrrrrrrrr the fact that all of the best athletes in the United States have no desire to play the sport. 

Soccer
roll.gif
Makes me laugh.

sick.gif

That orrrrrrrrrrr the fact that all of the best athletes in the United States have no desire to play the sport. 

Originally Posted by dland24

Soccer
roll.gif
Makes me laugh.

sick.gif

exactly.

basketball, football, even baseball have freak athletes. where are the freak athletes among the 5'6'' 140lb men of soccer?

Soccer
roll.gif
Makes me laugh.

sick.gif

exactly.

basketball, football, even baseball have freak athletes. where are the freak athletes among the 5'6'' 140lb men of soccer?

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

exactly.

Strength, jumping ability, and speed aren't the be all and end all of athleticism. You seem to be completely blind to the speed, quickness, balance, agility, and body control it takes to play professional soccer.

Not to mention soccer is an extremely skill oriented sport. It takes a balance of skill, technique, and athleticism. IMO the only major sports that require (not desire) a comparable mastery of fundamental technique to succeed are golf and tennis... maybe baseball too.

I think most of us will be alive to see the day when we start seeing a more proportionate number of Reggie Bush type athletes playing, ultimately it comes down to how much more popular soccer continues to grow.

exactly.

Strength, jumping ability, and speed aren't the be all and end all of athleticism. You seem to be completely blind to the speed, quickness, balance, agility, and body control it takes to play professional soccer.

Not to mention soccer is an extremely skill oriented sport. It takes a balance of skill, technique, and athleticism. IMO the only major sports that require (not desire) a comparable mastery of fundamental technique to succeed are golf and tennis... maybe baseball too.

I think most of us will be alive to see the day when we start seeing a more proportionate number of Reggie Bush type athletes playing, ultimately it comes down to how much more popular soccer continues to grow.

I actually have always thought hockey and soccer are very similar. I could be way off but just what I observed with the movement on the field, and then individually the balance, technique where the smallest adjustments make the biggest difference

I actually have always thought hockey and soccer are very similar. I could be way off but just what I observed with the movement on the field, and then individually the balance, technique where the smallest adjustments make the biggest difference

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

wow, you soccer fans are so sensitive. any bit of criticism and you gotta defend like it's a religion (oh yeah, it is... nvm)

just soft, on and off the field
I already know I'd crack your neck and feel no remorse afterwords, G.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

wow, you soccer fans are so sensitive. any bit of criticism and you gotta defend like it's a religion (oh yeah, it is... nvm)

just soft, on and off the field
I already know I'd crack your neck and feel no remorse afterwords, G.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Soccer
roll.gif
Makes me laugh.

sick.gif

I dont think 2/3 of the country cares 
laugh.gif

And 29/30 of the world doesn't care that you don't care.

But soccer is gaining popularity in the U.S. It's just that there is still a strong hater community that is always visible in this thread and youtube comments.

exactly.

Freak athletes like this specimen here?

fatfootballplayer.jpg

Just because skill and not athleticism is more important in soccer, it doesn't mean that there are no freak athletes in the sport.

The athletes in the NFL focus on one thing: If it's a wide receiver, then it's about being able to sprint a certain amount of yards. If it's a lineman, then it's about having enough blubber on your body to withstand another lineman with a lot of blubber on his body trying to get past you.

The fact is that most of the players in the NFL wouldn't last 30 minutes in a soccer game with all the running they would have to do, and many of those would simply give up long before that after they discovered that they don't get 30 second breaks every 5 seconds.

You ignoramuses have no idea the sheer skill it takes to control a soccer ball on the highest levels. It's something that you need to grow up with, and not something you can learn once you get past a certain age. I know that Hakeem Olajuwon and Tim Duncan didn't start playing basketball until they were in their teens. And they became the greatest players at their positions. What's more, they were known for their fundamentals and skills rather than athleticism, even though they started playing late. You won't find examples such as this in soccer.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Soccer
roll.gif
Makes me laugh.

sick.gif

I dont think 2/3 of the country cares 
laugh.gif

And 29/30 of the world doesn't care that you don't care.

But soccer is gaining popularity in the U.S. It's just that there is still a strong hater community that is always visible in this thread and youtube comments.

exactly.

Freak athletes like this specimen here?

fatfootballplayer.jpg

Just because skill and not athleticism is more important in soccer, it doesn't mean that there are no freak athletes in the sport.

The athletes in the NFL focus on one thing: If it's a wide receiver, then it's about being able to sprint a certain amount of yards. If it's a lineman, then it's about having enough blubber on your body to withstand another lineman with a lot of blubber on his body trying to get past you.

The fact is that most of the players in the NFL wouldn't last 30 minutes in a soccer game with all the running they would have to do, and many of those would simply give up long before that after they discovered that they don't get 30 second breaks every 5 seconds.

You ignoramuses have no idea the sheer skill it takes to control a soccer ball on the highest levels. It's something that you need to grow up with, and not something you can learn once you get past a certain age. I know that Hakeem Olajuwon and Tim Duncan didn't start playing basketball until they were in their teens. And they became the greatest players at their positions. What's more, they were known for their fundamentals and skills rather than athleticism, even though they started playing late. You won't find examples such as this in soccer.

Soccer
roll.gif
Makes me laugh.

sick.gif

exactly.

These "freak" athletes would probably get their ankles broken in soccer. Size does play a role but its all about balance, speed, and endurance. A lot of people on
this very forum debated whether lebron could make the NFL transition. Some said yes and some said no. But he wouldn't last a half in a soccer match.

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world, you think the USA is the ONLY country to house "freak athletes"?
Dont you think that more "freak athletes" around the world would be trying to play soccer more than any other sport
nerd.gif

But you rarely see them right? Because it takes more than physical stature to make it into the league.

Soccer
roll.gif
Makes me laugh.

sick.gif

exactly.

These "freak" athletes would probably get their ankles broken in soccer. Size does play a role but its all about balance, speed, and endurance. A lot of people on
this very forum debated whether lebron could make the NFL transition. Some said yes and some said no. But he wouldn't last a half in a soccer match.

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world, you think the USA is the ONLY country to house "freak athletes"?
Dont you think that more "freak athletes" around the world would be trying to play soccer more than any other sport
nerd.gif

But you rarely see them right? Because it takes more than physical stature to make it into the league.

I'm not calling out anyone specifically in this thread...but it's funny how many NFL fans talk @#$% about soccer players by calling them soft and unathletic, while 99% of the time they themselves are obese and have never played either sport in their lives
laugh.gif

I'm not calling out anyone specifically in this thread...but it's funny how many NFL fans talk @#$% about soccer players by calling them soft and unathletic, while 99% of the time they themselves are obese and have never played either sport in their lives
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

It is basically the same thing. Except in hockey you get line changes so the flow of the game is much faster. And to the people taking about physical specimens. You can't weigh that much playing soccer. Unlike hockey you don't get to change every so often. You can't tow around that big of a body on the pitch for that long

Originally Posted by dmxfury

It is basically the same thing. Except in hockey you get line changes so the flow of the game is much faster. And to the people taking about physical specimens. You can't weigh that much playing soccer. Unlike hockey you don't get to change every so often. You can't tow around that big of a body on the pitch for that long

Soccer
roll.gif
Makes me laugh.

sick.gif

exactly.

Well let me introduce you to my friend Didier Drogba from the Ivory Coast and all 6'2" 185 pounds of him.

didier-drogba-muscles.jpg

But don't be alarmed, he really isn't much of an athlete at all.

Soccer
roll.gif
Makes me laugh.

sick.gif

exactly.

Well let me introduce you to my friend Didier Drogba from the Ivory Coast and all 6'2" 185 pounds of him.

didier-drogba-muscles.jpg

But don't be alarmed, he really isn't much of an athlete at all.

All of these are trash. The other brand's logos on the shirts ruin it.

All of these are trash. The other brand's logos on the shirts ruin it.

Back
Top Bottom