WHAT IF THIS WERE YOU AND YOUR OG's

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

I only have one pair of sneakers that I've never worn. And that's only cause I don't have anything to wear with them right now. I wear all my sneakers. When I was a kid, buying a 150 pair of sneakers to put away and never wear was completely unheard of. In the '90s, if you spent that much money on a sneaker, you wanted every one to know it.

We Loved our shoes. We wore our shoes. And when they lost their freshness, we balled in them. And when the new Jordans released, we threw the old ones away and updated to the newest model. This was the way things went until around 1999......

Enter the internet, Successful selling retros and a horde of "collectors". I have nothing against the people who deadstock, it's the concept that I don't like. I don't see the enjoyment one gets out of watching their sneakers deteriorate. I also don't believe that any retro after 2003 will ever become seriously valuable besides the original DMP. Hence, I don't see the point.

I have a lot of sneakers, but nearly everyone of them have been worn. So by recent definition, I'm not a "collector". I'm just a guy that likes sneakers. The picture of the sample VIIIs is the destiny of every deadstock sneaker. When my shoes fall apart, me wearing them will be the cause of it, not my ignorance.
Well said. No matter what I do I always wear my shoes. "Deadstocking" just goes to show the difference of Collectors and "collectors" that you mentioned.  

they way i look at it is that if im gonna pay alot of money for a pair of shoes i clearly am paying because i think they look good and why wouldnt you want to show off what you think looks good?

if i had a gang of OGs id rock them all

Blower
laugh.gif

my og aqua's did the same thing...and its a shame...but really, in life what lasts forever?

I dont give a damn anymore! Im rockin my kickz! I forget the reason i started was to rock then i just got caught up with this whole collecting thing! Im already 30 and still havent rock any of my j's! I rockin no matter what!
tongue.gif
-ponyboy

wow dat sucks i can just imagine wat his face looked like wen he unwrapped the shoe.

Originally Posted by solejordan

Originally Posted by Daver

Originally Posted by solejordan

i have those same exact samples

wrapped in shrink wrap, sole? let that thang BREATHE!! LOL. i'm playin.
on a side note..a little advice from personal experience. if you guys wanna store shoes in anything..i suggest using food service bags..it protects colors from bleeding onto each other while letting the shoe breathe. just the method i use for all my kicks i wear and stock.........which im about to break out soon. 
laugh.gif

lol, no sir, i never shrink shoes, here's a pic
alien.gif

You using that camera box with a hole in the middle and where the light from the sky can shine through?

Back
Top Bottom