What is Jay-Z's best album?

Everyone going to say Blueprint or Reasonable Doubt, but I'm going with The Black Album.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

To each his own but I can't understand how its not 'Reasonable Doubt'.

There are two instances where people will not say Reasonable Doubt.
1) They are trying to be different
2) They are an idiot

Where do you lie?

Originally Posted by hugebird

2) They are an idiot

Where do you lie?

That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. I could flip that and say most people will say RD because Jay-Z has championed the CD as a classic discfor the past 11 years. I(and alot of people who share the sentiment) don't believe RD is, was, or will ever be a classic hip hop disc. It's Jay'smost overrated CD, and I heard it 96 when no one was calling it a classic. I heard it again when he re-released it 2000(when everyone started to call it aclassic), and I just banged it last week. It's not his best album. It's a great album, but classic status? Negavtive

Jay's best album is The Blueprint. Musically that album is a hip hop classic. It's not his best lyrical offering though, but it is still classic hiphop(maybe Kanye and Just Blaze get more of the credit?)

Blueprint
American Gangster
Reasonable Doubt

Blueprint is Amazing and outside of Jay's wack roc boy dap in the video there are NO FLAWS WHAT SO EVER in American Gangster. Worst may be blueprint 2 butI mean if thats your worst u must be the best. u understand?

Worst is absolutely Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life. The CD is trash. I don't care if it sold 10 million.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hugebird

2) They are an idiot

Where do you lie?
preach.jpg

Preach . . .

Cake you know I f's wit Vol 1 as much as anybody on here, but you know its not as complete as RD is. Album has no flaws, almost every song is maxing out...

RD, followed by Vol 1, then BP...

Originally Posted by RockStarGetMoney

Worst is absolutely Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life. The CD is trash. I don't care if it sold 10 million.
laugh.gif
No way is Vol. 2 worst than vol. 3.......not even close. Vol. 3 is hands down his worst cd. As far as the blueprint 2 is concerned, if you made it intoone disk, people would think it was one of his better cds. With that being said, blueprint 1 is the best, followed by reasonable doubt, then the black album.

Dear Seymore Cake, (
laugh.gif
)

Jay-Z's best album is The Blueprint. I could list all the effects that the album had on his personal life and finances. I could name awards it recieved. Icould tell you how that album paved the way for several commercial successess after it. I could explain the significance of when it was released. But instead,I'd rather you just pop it in and pless play.

I think he was at the pennicle of skill on RD though... BP is just his best all around album...hell...BP is hip-hop's best all around album...ever.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Cake you know I f's wit Vol 1 as much as anybody on here, but you know its not as complete as RD is. Album has no flaws, almost every song is maxing out...

RD, followed by Vol 1, then BP...

Iiight Flash I can't really argue with you on RD because it is that ILL... I just @+@% with Vol.1 more personally but I love RD the more I listen toit, that still doesn't change my ranking tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Free The Chief

Dear Seymore Cake, (
laugh.gif
)

Jay-Z's best album is The Blueprint. I could list all the effects that the album had on his personal life and finances. I could name awards it recieved. I could tell you how that album paved the way for several commercial successess after it. I could explain the significance of when it was released. But instead, I'd rather you just pop it in and pless play.

I think he was at the pennicle of skill on RD though... BP is just his best all around album...hell...BP is hip-hop's best all around album...ever.
Dear Lost and Confused (
laugh.gif
),

You could write out all of that and it still would not negate the fact that minus 6 songs on that lp he wasn't really saying much of anything. Lyrically hewas sharp and jappin out but just as I stated in the Jay post it was just an LP that changed the game production wise and was full of narcisism, which Idon't have a problem with. But its not his best lp and NO WAY NEAR THE BEST HIPHOP LP OF ALL TIME.

Back
Top Bottom