What is the fastest internet there is?

I can afford maybe $100 a month or so... I've seen some of you guys with some insane speeds. like 90000kb/s. And what exactly is upload speed? Is it theamount of time it takes to transfer information, like for example when you type in your username and password to log on to NT or gmail?

for the consumer needs

get fios

edit-

wait you mean 90,000kb/s as in 90mb a sec?
or
90,000 kbp/s which is roughly 10mb a sec

there is no way in hell you are going to pay 150 a month and get 90mb/sec speed

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

for the consumer needs

get fios

edit-

wait you mean 90,000kb/s as in 90mb a sec?
or
90,000 kbp/s which is roughly 10mb a sec

there is no way in hell you are going to pay 150 a month and get 90mb/sec speed

alright, then how much will it cost. and do you know exactly what upload speed is? I really don't know.

Some people on here have crazy fast internet speeds. i thought what i had was nice
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

Originally Posted by digitalO22

download = coming in

upload = going out (ie sending emails)
Is the time it takes my computer to get through the login screen an indication of upload speed?

nah still download. high upload is needed for businesses seding out mass emails and stuff like that.

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

download = coming in

upload = going out (ie sending emails)
Is the time it takes my computer to get through the login screen an indication of upload speed?

nah still download. high upload is needed for businesses seding out mass emails and stuff like that.
ok so in that case, it is the speed my computer sends my login and password?

bwahaha this is from my school dorm connection lol. wonder how fast my house connection is...plan to check when i get back this weekend.

yeah at that point I think its a combination of your cpu speed, your internet connection, and NT's (for example) server. My connection is pretty fast andso is my computer yet it doesn't connect instantly.

Back
Top Bottom