What is THE worst sports take you have ever had?

What is the single worst sports take you have ever had that you genuinely believed at some point? Curious to see if what NTers are willing to own up to a stupid opinion they have had in the past.

For me, my worst take was that I was convinced coming out of college that Austin Rivers was the next Kobe Bryant. Dont ask me why, but I truly believed that.

I thought Anthony Bennett would be good :sick: ....EJ Manuel and Christian Ponder too, but that was my FSU football bias :lol: :smh:

The 2012-13 QB Class.

Miami had the #8 pick, we had blown our chance at getting Andrew Luck (we were 0-7 and for some reason let Matt Moore win 6 of the next 9 games :smh: )

I begged for us NOT to draft Ryan Tannehill because I felt the 2013 class was going to be WAY better. Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Tyler Bray, Logan Thomas, Tyler Wilson, even Landry Jones.

:lol: Tannehill turned out to be FAR better than any of them. Not a one of those guys turned into anything. :frown:

I really thought Matt Barkley was going to be the next great QB

Thought Ricky Rubio would crush various assists records but then again I don’t think he got a fair shake in Minny

I've had so many it's hard to count.

1. I thought that Matt leinart was going to be a great NFL quarterback.
2. I was very skeptical of the Patrick mahomes pick and I thought his crazy numbers in college were due to him playing in a pass happy system at Texas Tech
3. Most recently, I questioned Kawhi Leonard as a system player and I wasn't sure if he'd be nearly as good coming off that injury.

Most recently, I said Kawhi would be a role player at best. This was after year 2 in SA

I thought the Wizards had a good shot at coming out the east this past season with a healthy Wall, Porter and Beal. Boy was I wrong

Actually I said Melo would average 16ppg on efficienct shooting playing next to cP3 and Harden :rofl:

The 2012-13 QB Class.

Miami had the #8 pick, we had blown our chance at getting Andrew Luck (we were 0-7 and for some reason let Matt Moore win 6 of the next 9 games :smh: )

I begged for us NOT to draft Ryan Tannehill because I felt the 2013 class was going to be WAY better. Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Tyler Bray, Logan Thomas, Tyler Wilson, even Landry Jones.

:lol: Tannehill turned out to be FAR better than any of them. Not a one of those guys turned into anything. :frown:

lies. your worst take is easily that Jimmy Graham > Gronk

I said the Angels would win a world series again before Houston won one. tried to bet 10k ln it too:rofl:

Thought KD was too skinny to play in the league. Thought seattle was going to play him in the 4 or 5, hence my thought he would not be good. Not his doing.

Thought oj mayo was going to be the next kobe. Wished it so bad. Decent enough but undersized and not determined enough.

Back
Top Bottom