What Jill Scott has to say about interracial couples...

this again?
eyes.gif

i see her point... so long as she (or others) don't take it out on the "white women", she's entitled to her opinion. i just hate when they come out their mouth w some silliness "you're taking all our good men" blahblahbullsh_t.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

I didn't even read the article but,

If you look like this your opinion on relationships is invalid.

41854.jpg

I actually think she is a very talented attractive woman, regardless of her size..Maybe thats just me though..That pic isnt bad at all, you coulda found one that looked bad at least..

As the product of a lasting 30yr interracial marriage, and Now myself, half black/white and dating an italian woman, Jill Scott can wince all she wants. We are all humans, I don't date my girl for who she isn't, I date her for who she is. The person that takes care of me, makes me laugh, needs me
as much as I need her. I can understand the angle, but I just can't agree. It's really horribly racist to lump all Caucasians, together the same way, Blacks are by the ignorant. As people we want it to be known that we all have different cultures and That to be black you can hail from, Trinidad,
Grenada, Haiti, Cape Verde, Nigeria, Congo.

Who cares what color someone's skin is, when its cut red blood runs out. It doesn't matter whether you're from England, Ireland, Russia, Greece, Sri Lanka, Laos, Burma where ever. We are all people and when it comes down to it. all the same.People always wanna hang their hats on some slavery correlations. That's the past, as much as its horrible and shouldn't be forgotten don't be the cause of the separatism that can bring it back. And don't blame black men for being absent either, stop making it easy. Put a condom on if you don't want fatherless children. Stop messing with no job having cats. Demand respect instead of talking about demanding respect. Be attractive, and I'm not talking about physically. Perfect/Love/Protect yourself before judging others.

And for all you cats that are gonna come in here and say since im mixed I don't understand her position, don't bother. When people look at me they don't go "look at that half black half irish fellow" they assume im black and treat me as such. Break down your own barriers and prejudices and see life for what it is, a short beautiful ride that we all need to embrace and find the love/peace/and adventure of. If you sit back wasting your time worry about what others are doing, you'll wake up one day old grouchy and without any memorable experiences.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I really don't have a problem with interracial relationships.

That said, from a black woman's perspective I completely understand the sting they may feel when successful black men go for white women.

As for myself, I could see "dating" a white girl but when it comes time to find a wifey I need someone with a fatty who can cook and that pretty much eliminates white girls.

bro u serious? welcome to this generation white girls these days will cook, clean your piece upon your arrival  home from work, and have some dinner ready...you sir have the game all wrong
roll.gif
...a black girl will hit u with the "im tired" "what you pull that out for"...go back to the drawing board
happy.gif

So is she trying to say since we use to be slaves we should feel bad for going out with "mastas" wife?

I go out with a white girl right now, but i didn't search for her cause she was specifically white. I like all girls no matter what color.

Yo Ravage you really hit the nail on the head. If she would've said what you did it would be a different story, but she judged that man based off of his wifes skin color and thats flat out wrong. She says nothing about him actually saying he doesn't date black women, and nothing of her knowing he hasn't. I know how shes feeling has to do with the fact that some guys are like that and wont date black women simply cause their black, but at the same time you cant put the people who are into other woman into one category the same way those guys put black women in one. I know plenty of people who do date black women, but also date other races, and they always gotta deal with black women making comments when they are out with their lady. Aren't these women doing exactly what they are so angry is being done to them? They are judging these men without knowing them, making assumptions of what they are like. Im just sayin

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

shes entitled to her own, albeit fat as %@%+, opinion.

we should strive to become better human beings thru cross breeding.

staying within your race is selfish for your own children.

thats why the amount of children with defects are rising also.

cause people like this fat broad wanna continue to inbreed within her own race.

its not that my white girlfriend is white... its cause shes sexually attractive.
where as jill scott is fat as %@%+ and jiggly. not unlike a jigglypuff and or wigglytuff.

and pmac... my girl cook better than most black women i know over the age of 50.
black women arent the best chefs in the world.
mexican women are.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I agree with this MAN.

my dudes post always include the lulz and plentiful qfts
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

41854.jpg

I actually think she is a very talented attractive woman, regardless of her size..Maybe thats just me though..That pic isnt bad at all, you coulda found one that looked bad at least..

TEAM ALANTA FALCONS

ATL, yeah, that explains it.

Originally Posted by KanyeBreast

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I really don't have a problem with interracial relationships.

That said, from a black woman's perspective I completely understand the sting they may feel when successful black men go for white women.

As for myself, I could see "dating" a white girl but when it comes time to find a wifey I need someone with a fatty who can cook and that pretty much eliminates white girls.

bro u serious? welcome to this generation white girls these days will cook, clean your piece upon your arrival  home from work, and have some dinner ready...you sir have the game all wrong
roll.gif
...a black girl will hit u with the "im tired" "what you pull that out for"...go back to the drawing board
happy.gif
On some real @+!!, you dudes are the problem. Both of you don't realize how simple you sound. Everyones a individual yet you grouping their actions by skin color

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

Break down your own barriers and prejudices and see life for what it is, a short beautiful ride that we all need to embrace and find the love/peace/and adventure of. If you sit back wasting your time worry about what others are doing, you'll wake up one day old grouchy and without any memorable experiences.  
QFT.
QFT.
QFT.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

As expected...many of you will either 1) not understand or 2) ignore the point of her message and just pass her off as a jealous racist black woman.

Indeed.  People in here are completely missing the point and writting off what Jill Scott is saying by calling her fat and talking about her acting skills or what have you.  

I'm black and with a white woman myself but I see where Jill is coming from.

It's an elicited response, not so much a thought, that she is describing. It's a response to all of the historical oppression she describes, but it's also a response to "all of the good black men being taken". She isn't only feeling the "betrayal" and "abandonment" of the black man towards the black women, but she's also feeling for her fellow black sisters, who are one step closer to never finding the right black man.

Even though I agree with her, I feel that one can be with whomever they want to be with. As Nawth said, "celebrate love. regardless of color or creed." And who's to say that a black woman is going to fall in love with a black man. However, I can't fault her if this is not how she truly feels, and if it's more so a knee-jerk reaction.

Jill Scott is a beautiful human being and I appreciate her write-up.

41854.jpg
Jill Scott is a beautiful woman, but regardless of all that to simply dismiss anyone's opinion based on how they look rather than their content (content, which you didn't bother reading in the first place) is something not even the local town idiot would do. Do you know what this makes you?

On a related note, I wonder how many black men would feel if a large population of black women were out dating white men. I'm not so sure the same liberal attitudes about interracial dating would be expressed.

interesting argument on both sides. i do agree you should date/marry who you want - absolutely ... and if you as a black man, end up falling in love with a white/asian woman and marry them so be it. I mean, its a lot of work anyways dating interracially so for someone to want to do it, they should be ready for the additional pain and stress it comes with. i know because i went down that road in college ... and i can say its so much less stress being married to a black woman. 

personally though, i have noticed a trend (and maybe i am wrong), but i feel like white/asian women know how to "grab/keep" successful men of other races. I rarely see a white/asian woman with a hustling man of another race (black, latino or asian), unless of course they are both husting/red necks etc. maybe its my network of friends or whatever, but whenever i see/hear a white/asian woman is married to a bruthu ... chances are the bruthu is pretty successful, and chances are that bruthu segregates himself a fair bit from his own people.

i think white/asian women do a good job of supporting the bruthu till he makes it. i have had both white and black women stand by me when i needed help, but i feel like white women just know how to go that extra mile. however i also see situations where some of these bruthus are whipped and dont come out to support their own ... example i know a VERY successful african man who is married to a white woman and he has NEVER attended an African function in the 6 years i lived in a particular city. there are other similar situations i've seen and heard of. those are the situations i have problems with, and i think deep within, that is what Jill Scott is trying to say - she just doesnt have the guts to spill it out as she feels.

I'm just saaaaaaaaaaayin'

Originally Posted by Nawth21

It's hard as hell to find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. It really is. Limiting yourself just makes it that much harder. Or sometimes that person who you thought wasn't your type (because of race, religion, socio-economic background, etc) ends up being the other half of your essence. We don't plan for that, but it happens.

Celebrate love. Regardless of color or creed.
Definitely covers my opinion

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Other races have no problem dealing with this fact.
What world are you living in?

In the hood, you got arabs on every corner damn near, but how many arab women do you see?

I don't see the parallel. Can you explain?

They keep their women out of the hood.  All of them have families, but you'll NEVER see their young daughters or younger women in these stores.  It ain't cause they scared, but because they don't won't young black dudes snatching their women.   But they stay tryin to bag lil girls in the hood.  But when I go to the gym in the 'burbs, they are there in droves. 

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I'm black and with a white woman myself bit I see where Jill is coming from.

It's an elicited response, not so much a thought, that she is describing. It's a response to all of the historical oppression she describes, but it's also a response to "all of the good black men being taken". She isn't only feeling the "betrayal" and "abandonment" of the black man towards the black women, but she's also feeling for her fellow black sisters, who are one step closer to never finding the right black man.

Even though I agree with her, I feel that one can be with whomever they want to be with. As Nawth said, "celebrate love. regardless of color or creed." And who's to say that a black woman is going to fall in love with a black man. However, I can't fault her if this is not how she truly feels, and if it's more so a knee-jerk reaction.

Pretty much same thing i posted. I totally agree.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Whata cruel joke we've played on ourselves, to sit here and act as if weAfrican American males have no fault in this. Why is it that wechampion interracial relationships as if dating within our own ranks isundesirable? Seems like every other ethnicity loves their own more thanwe do. "Black love" is but a fleeting memory of a time when we neededeach other. With dismal incarceration, death and education statisticscoupled along with racism and false concepts of beauty embedded in ourcollective psyche, it's no wonder they're feeling some kind of way.Wouldn't you?

Oh and contempt and jealousy? Get over yourselves.
I'm not saying you'd be jealous but you'd feel some kinda way. Maybejust a little hurt. After all those years of fighting for equality andacceptance it's like we don't need each other anymore. Actually morelike we think we don't need them. And we couldn't be any more wrong.
Sums up what I had to say in the other thread and pretty much mirrors Ms. Scott's sentiments. I have no problem with interracial relationships. I think they're great and definitely a step forward. However, I do have a problem with this mentality of abandonment. Lots of black men walking around acting like they don't need black women. I don't see how any self-respecting black man can say he would never or will never date a black girl and look their mothers in the faces.
This is a goddamn lie

How you gonna support an agenda like the notion of "abandonment" and then champion interracial dating? So dating is cool as long as they're not married? Whats the point in dating? just to bust a nut and add numbers to the score sheet? Lets be real, what the hell are both of you all saying?

I'm tired of feeling like i can't do what the hell I want because ya'll get slighted. If I see some latina or white tail, I'm damn entitled to pursue that. This entire conversation is the result of insecurity. Entirely. If you are copping feelings over the fact that you weren't wifed up by a black man, one of two things needs to happen, go find you a black man that likes you OR go outside of the race your damn self. Other races have no problem dealing with this fact. Black people and this self-hate and burden are sponsoring this f'd up mentality of inclusiveness when it violates basically everything you stand for as a member of society. I can not and WILL not be responsible for your insecurities and inability to gain confidence over your life and let history...be history.

I like black women, as a black male, but I like women in general too. I shouldn't have to worry about the millions of black women when i'm only talking to ONE of ya'll at a time. If it was really that serious, why don't you re-evaluate why you all want to FORCE men to love you all. Why don't they do it naturally should be your question. if you force anything, it'll never work. Maybe, just maybe thats the way things were intended to be. You're being unrealistic any other way.
Maybe if you actually took the time to read instead of jumping to defend your stance you wouldn't have misinterpreted what I said. You can date and marry as many white/latin/asian women as you like. Feel free to fall in love with whoever you want. But when dudes say that they won't date black women that's a problem to me. When black men who as a whole are faltering when it comes to education and incarceration, have the audacity to look down on and abandon black women after they have faithfully stood by us, that is a problem to me. Like I said in the other thread, what a different song we would sing if the shoe was on the other foot.

And you speak of insecurity but what do you think causes this? Are you living in a vacuum? You think with the way black women are portrayed they can move as freely outside of our ethnicity as we can? But that's not your problem is it? If you don't want black women some other ethnicity will right? Yeah that makes sense. You, and most people as nearsighted as yourself, need to look at things from their perspective. I doubt you even read what she said. They have every reason to be hurt.

Dude we had a program on this on campus this past tuesday so I have more than enough experience...RECENT experience with this.

I'm not talking about who stands by who. I'm not. I'm talking about straight ATTRACTION. If a brother is attracted to a white woman, why whould I shed tears for the unmarried black woman?

You're not even reading. I did not say someone else will love them I said don't guilt trip people into doing what they want. This is what we fought for, not you want them all for yourselves and bring up stories to pidgeon hole people. It is you that really needs to open your eyes up.

I'm doing me and she shuold be trying to do her. If I don't who else will? These chicks these days have this sense of entitlement thats just not working any more. i should be free to do what I want and you should feel the same. If youre going to lose sleep over all the black men that chose other wise why aren't you losing sleep over the fact that other interracial couples are dealing with the same criticism. People want change but don't want to rationalize it.

Man I got 29 years worth of experience. I don't need a college program skewed by the thoughts of misguided undergrads trying to find understanding externally rather than looking internally and being cognizant of what's going on around them. You think they're trying to lay a guilt trip but that's not at all the case. If you feel guilty that's on you. Black women aren't saying black men should only date black women. They're just adverse to the notion that black women aren't worth dating, or that any other ethnicity is more worth dating. Especially AFTER one becomes successful.

Originally Posted by Wade187

YoRavage you really hit the nail on the head. If she would've said whatyou did it would be a different story, but she judged that man basedoff of his wifes skin color and thats flat out wrong. She says nothingabout him actually saying he doesn't date black women, and nothing ofher knowing he hasn't. I know how shes feeling has to do with the factthat some guys are like that and wont date black women simply causetheir black, but at the same time you cant put the people who are intoother woman into one category the same way those guys put black womenin one. I know plenty of people who do date black women, but also dateother races, and they always gotta deal with black women makingcomments when they are out with their lady. Aren't these women doingexactly what they are so angry is being done to them? They are judgingthese men without knowing them, making assumptions of what they arelike. Im just sayin
True some lesser women do judge and make assumptions, though that's not just a black women thing. But look at the totality of the circumstances in what she's trying to convey here. It's not just any Johnny-come-lately. He's an intelligent, wealthy, athlete. I think this is a big part of the "wince". See my previous reply. Why does success always seem to be apart of the equation?

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I'm black and with a white woman myself bit I see where Jill is coming from.

In ALL honesty....

(...and i'm a Jill Scott fan...)

(...just because you got this journalism degree or took some english classes, we need to start making people be accountable and rational for the stuff they write.)

OH. WELL.

Why is it OUR fault? Do you want ALL black men to only love you all? Thats selfish and commandering. You fight for social equality and yet want sexual/relationship exclusivity. Thats ALL it is. Seriously. What the hell? I dare any of you to address that.

And to you that keep quoting that "well some of ya'll aren't getting it" look...I get it. I'm a black male in a black fraternity at a school with an infinitesimal black population so if that can't speak to my affliation with minority concerns and perspective I don't know what else can. I understand where shes coming from. She wants to address historical basis of the issue. BUT...I refuse to force anyone to change WHO THEY ARE simply based on attraction. Racism and hatred are one thing, pure attraction and desire is another.

Originally Posted by KanyeBreast

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

shes entitled to her own, albeit fat as %@%+, opinion.

we should strive to become better human beings thru cross breeding.

staying within your race is selfish for your own children.

thats why the amount of children with defects are rising also.

cause people like this fat broad wanna continue to inbreed within her own race.

its not that my white girlfriend is white... its cause shes sexually attractive.
where as jill scott is fat as %@%+ and jiggly. not unlike a jigglypuff and or wigglytuff.

and pmac... my girl cook better than most black women i know over the age of 50.
black women arent the best chefs in the world.
mexican women are.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I agree with this MAN.

my dudes post always include the lulz and plentiful qfts
roll.gif
Stop feeding the trolls. Dude was half a whopper a way from obesity, hit the gym and thinks all of a sudden his opinion matters
eyes.gif
Talking nonsense ftl.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Im Not You

As expected...many of you will either 1) not understand or 2) ignore the point of her message and just pass her off as a jealous racist black woman.

Indeed.  People in here are completely missing the point and writting off what Jill Scott is saying by calling her fat and talking about her acting skills or what have you.  

So those the only responses you saw?

Back
Top Bottom