What Jill Scott has to say about interracial couples...

i think a lot of black women are concerned more about the here and now rather than the future. i wasn't your type back then, but now that i'm a hop skip and jump from being a physician, we're soul mates??? +%$*. i haven't changed one bit, so pardon whomever the successful black man has found that accepted them for them while they were building to become what they are today. if you don't want to lay some bricks for the foundation, don't expect a room in the mansion.

Originally Posted by Methedy24

- "Whenever You're Around"
pimp.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PigeonFree11

i think a lot of black women are concerned more about the here and now rather than the future. i wasn't your type back then, but now that i'm a hop skip and jump from being a physician, we're soul mates??? +%$*. i haven't changed one bit, so pardon whomever the successful black man has found that accepted them for them while they were building to become what they are today. if you don't want to lay some bricks for the foundation, don't expect a room in the mansion.

Truth too... this discussion is so all over the place.

First off I am not black so my perspective might be different than someone who is.

I understand that she might be a bit taken back by the fact her friend who is black is marrying a white woman. the reasons she gives for this are understood as well. The way that black people have been treated in society in the past and present is a large reason why people to this day still frown upon interracial marriage. She is angry with white women of the past as a whole. She has decided to do mentally what has been done to black people, that is she has decided to not judge individuals for who they are but type cast them as a whole. Not to say she is acting out in an angry manner, but you can tell it's an issue inside of her about race.

I personally am Mexican/Spanish, I have never felt upset upon seeing an interracial couple, hearing racial slurs against my race, even when said to me. I have a great sense of who I am as an individual and will not stoop down to the level of some of the hateful people that exist in this world. I would like to see one day where no matter your color you can live in peace and harmony with all. This is actually a fundamental teaching of the Bible. We are all God's children and just as we are different in personality we are also different in skin tone, this does not change the fact we are all brothers and sisters!

I wish people could get over the past and move forward, many times we as individuals are the roadblock in front of the racial barrier, free your own mind and refuse to see a color barrier. If others do then that's on them and they owe an accounting to God for their actions not you or me.

Think of racists as bullies, they want to see you react in an angry way, in an unfavorable way, so they can say "see look at them, they are just angry black folks or stupid lazy mexican's" they want you to prove their point!

I refuse
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

shes entitled to her own, albeit fat as %@%+, opinion.

we should strive to become better human beings thru cross breeding.

staying within your race is selfish for your own children.

thats why the amount of children with defects are rising also.

cause people like this fat broad wanna continue to inbreed within her own race.

its not that my white girlfriend is white... its cause shes sexually attractive.
where as jill scott is fat as %@%+ and jiggly. not unlike a jigglypuff and or wigglytuff.

and pmac... my girl cook better than most black women i know over the age of 50.
black women arent the best chefs in the world.
mexican women are.
Um......it depends on what kinda food you like. My mom's cooking>>>>>>>>>

Cross-breeding is good for nature
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

read the 1st and 2nd paragraphs, and stopped when she said was she jealous? she replied not quite.. i went stop lying..

and i dont know about you other Niketalkers. but i dig the fact that more and more interracial couples are coming together. I dig interracial couples.

shows ignorance is being fought slowly ...

This.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

It's hard as hell to find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. It really is. Limiting yourself just makes it that much harder. Or sometimes that person who you thought wasn't your type (because of race, religion, socio-economic background, etc) ends up being the other half of your essence. We don't plan for that, but it happens.

Celebrate love. Regardless of color or creed.
Preety much speaksfrom my heart right there.

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Originally Posted by Nawth21

It's hard as hell to find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. It really is. Limiting yourself just makes it that much harder. Or sometimes that person who you thought wasn't your type (because of race, religion, socio-economic background, etc) ends up being the other half of your essence. We don't plan for that, but it happens.

Celebrate love. Regardless of color or creed.
Preety much speaksfrom my heart right there.
Same here. I still get +++% from some of my aunts about picking hispanic and mixed girls all the time.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

As expected...many of you will either 1) not understand or 2) ignore the point of her message and just pass her off as a jealous racist black woman.
Pretty much. I read the entire thread, already knowing how people would reply. The fact that people had to reduce Jill to her looks while ignoring a pretty well-written piece speaks volumes. Jill has a point and that is this: when you are a black woman, it sucks when black men view you as inferior to women of other races. Period. In general, society does not give a rat's butt about black women. Society does not care to nurture us, celebrate us, or encourage us. So when our own people (black men) decide that, as society has implicated, we are "less than" and "worthless", it hurts. Why is that so hard to understand? Some of y'all try to be argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative.

I really don't get why some people on NT hate black women so much. Have nothing about negative things to say about them. It's disheartening, to be honest.

If you're a black man who only wants a non-black woman, by all means, go about your business, but understand that if you're doing so because you think black women are not worthy of you, that's ridiculous and offensive.

not to thread jack but can someone tell me how the black community or black women feel about black men marrying hispanic or asian women?

I ask cuz hispanic nor asian ppl oppressed blacks so is it ok to marry them?

^ I agree with your entire post Black Stilettos... It's crazy how some black dudes on here are quick to disrespect black women but praise women from other races. 
But it's not like you see white women dating other than successful black men, so why can't black women want the same? You have never seen a white women marry a thug type black dude. And the racism and ignorance throughout this thread is absurd, but not surprising. And I am pretty sure if you ask people from other race the same question about interracial dating, their answers will be the same. Once again nt, continue your disdain for  black women.

^Who exactly are these brothers that say "Black women ain't %@**!"?
It's usually the other way around!

Additionally part of the reason I'm so open to this is that my parents are Jamaican. Back there, theres no such thing as "interracial dating" beacuse you date who the hell you want to date. No one cares! You've got Asian and hispanic looking jamaicans and everyone is cool. This race and division only applies here thats why I'm able to step outside of the box and call it like I see it. Low-key ya'll know that i'm being right and objective about this.

LMAO!
roll.gif
You do realize that black women are SIGNIFICANTLY more likely to graduate from high school and attend college (two and four-year) than black men right? On a socio-economic level, black women statistically have achieved a lot more than black men career-wise and educationally by the time they turn 40.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

As expected...many of you will either 1) not understand or 2) ignore the point of her message and just pass her off as a jealous racist black woman.
Pretty much. I read the entire thread, already knowing how people would reply. The fact that people had to reduce Jill to her looks while ignoring a pretty well-written piece speaks volumes. Jill has a point and that is this: when you are a black woman, it sucks when black men view you as inferior to women of other races. Period. In general, society does not give a rat's butt about black women. Society does not care to nurture us, celebrate us, or encourage us. So when our own people (black men) decide that, as society has implicated, we are "less than" and "worthless", it hurts. Why is that so hard to understand? Some of y'all try to be argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative.

I really don't get why some people on NT hate black women so much. Have nothing about negative things to say about them. It's disheartening, to be honest.

If you're a black man who only wants a non-black woman, by all means, go about your business, but understand that if you're doing so because you think black women are not worthy of you, that's ridiculous and offensive.
It's not hard to understand, it's just hard to justify. So instead they point the finger back and blame black girls for being the way they are.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^Who exactly are these brothers that say "Black women ain't #%#%!"?
It's usually the other way around!

im saying though

"ninja you aint @%%+"

"who the f you think you is ninja"

"gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl f that ninja he wasnt @%%+ anyway you dont even need heem gurl"

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

I understand. My perspective on this issue is completely genuine. I'm an interracial black man myself. I consider myself black but my dad is black and my mom is white/Indonesian. I often hear black women talk about about losing black men to white women, yet they don't have to live in or realize the paradoxical state of existence that is BEING an interracial person in this black and white world called the United States.

It is modern society as a collective that treats black woman like they are less than worthy. Just reference those little specials they show you on the news where little kids pick white dolls over black dolls, and further identify blackness with negative images and stereotypes. It's not like the kids are making a conscious decision to degrade and de-beautify blackness, but reflecting the messages society and culture has been sending them since birth. 

Although I sympathize with Gill Scott and black women everywhere who feel degraded, these types of arguments won't help us. I'm all for diversity and loving everybody, but there is a definite need to change the notions which blackness is held across the world.

Which is why as a black man I will marry whoever the hell I want to, whether she is white, yellow, black, or purple. Yet with that being said I'll always make the conscious effort to promote the beauty found within the woman of the black race as well.

CLIFF NOTES:

BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL.

Smh @ the negative responses black women get for
Feeling how they feel, when in other races, they are
Straight ostracized or killed for dating out of their race.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^Who exactly are these brothers that say "Black women ain't %@**!"?
Take a look around on this board.
laugh.gif
But seriously, I saw it a lot in college, and I see it a lot in grad school and in the professional world, too. A lot of black women who feel the way Jill do are not pulling the idea that black men look at us as worthless out of thin air. I wish more people would understand that instead of acting black women are just bitter and stupid.

Back
Top Bottom