What J's were you looking forward to but disappointed upon seeing in person?

Recently, it was those Fontay Montana IX's. I'm a Knicks fan (and a Mets fan, for that matter) and so, I'm a sucker for the blue/orange colorway. I waited on line for those kicks...was SUPER pissed when I didn't get my size, but I was cool with the 10 (i'm a 10.5...normally a 10 is fine, but not for IX's). Opened the box to do my release day ritual (relacing)...

Truthfully, I didn't even notice that they weren't white...not until I put the shoe on my dining room table, where there just so happened to be a piece of printer paper. When I put the shoe on the paper, I realized they weren't white.

They were immediately sold.

Same story goes for the Ceramic VII's from back in the day...but back then, you didn't have to make a snap judgement on Jordan releases...You could actually look at them and touch them before buying...hell, they even let you try them on. And you didn't have to be at the mall hours before the store opened on release day...so when I went to pick them up, i peeped how they weren't white based, and promptly got back on the train...

I know the new generation doesn't match their sneakers anymore, but I still do...and off-white/cream/bone/ceramic, is HARD AS EFF to match...

any white non-tumbled leather jordan retro except maybe the white/cement IVs has been a disappointment. the hard shiney leather is just sad.

Word @apthekid, I still match kicks also. I was hyped when I saw early pics of the ceramic VII's. Then when I saw them in person I wanted to punt them. I didn't realize that the Fontay Montana's weren't white. They look it in pics. Any yes bigj, hard shiny white leather is a turn off, but I didn't mind it on the 03 VIII, but I have a feeling the upcoming relase will be crap. Glad I don't need those.

The quality of the Royal 1s was very underwhelming IMO
ohwell.gif

Powder IXs.

Sorry. Loved my powder 9's. Color was off, but as far as comfort, all 9's are uncomfortable and tight. My choice would be obsidian 12's. Colors are off and the shoe feels like cardboard compared to the previous releases rising suns and red/white 12's.

As far as the Olympic 6, I can agree. Horrid in comfort and feels cheap changing of the mid sole color I thought I could look pass....but I actually can't. Still kicking myself I some my og's a few years ago even though they were crumpling. I didn't know only 3,000 pairs were made. I should have sat on them and restored them if I knew what I knew now. The restore game wasn't huge then and no shops in my area knew how to do them. Sold og 5's, 4's' 3's and 6's cuz all were crumbling. If I would have held on a little longer, they could have been restored with a simple sole swap.

I agree with Olympic VIs.  Horribly stiff leather and no cushion. The fire red Vs were not much better.

does flue game 12s count lol no so much how they looked in person (which is also horrible) but how bad they did on that  og cw retro

Last edited:
I was disappointed by the Jordan 9 olives that came out last year. As much as I love the sneaker I just can't get past how the actual color does not look olive.

I was disappointed by the Jordan 9 olives that came out last year. As much as I love the sneaker I just can't get past how the actual color does not look olive.
that what i was hoping to cop last yr. too... i love Olive Drab and that ***** came no where near that  
mean.gif

Either the Kilroy 9 or the Cool grey 9. The Kilroy concept was dope and the cool grey was of course the cool grey but upon further review the kilroys were cheap looking and patent leather on the 2012 cool grey looked like cling wrap

2012 Fire Red IV were trash. The materials they used were cheap, i might as well would have bought a fake one, pretty sure they use better material!

Back
Top Bottom