What reason would a Caucasian UberEats Driver refuse to deliver to a Predominately Black neighborhoo

It's kind of a D move. Doesn't uber have regulations against this? I've ordered Ubers and they took forever to come then gave up cause they "got lost". But I saw some of them on the map and they were literally down the corner. :smh:

Uber should penalize people who do this. Or at least allow us to rate them after they accept and don't show.

I think dudes dont know how Uber works. This isnt pizza hut where you have no choice to delivery to areas you fear, dude proactively opted to accept my order, any of the other drivers in the area could have accepted it.

When dude called me he could have easily said "bro I`m scared can you meet me somewhere", dont just say "hey I`m at a church" and then when I say "I paid for delivery to my home though" say "I`m not going there". When I said I paid for delivery to my home that was his opportunity to alert me of his fear, and then I could have said "aight man cool", saying "I`m not going there" is unacceptable, why dudes want to cape beats me lol.

If you value your safety, why would you accept rides to areas you do not know? Once again this is Uber, where drivers have the ability to screen deliveries for the very purpose of protecting them.

Lol let it go man. Your carlton right now wondering why you got pulled over for going to slow

I'm an Uber Driver in LA

I go anywhere / Pick up anyone...

I go to South Central on a nightly basis... There's prostitutes all over the place they were even out there in the rain with Umbrellas last night... #whenhoislife

If it's not a long line at McDonalds I'll go... but if it's more than 2 people we ain't waiting in that line. That's my only rule.

Only thing I hate is Smelly people (Really Bad Cigarette odor / Body Odor)

I'm an Uber Driver in LA

I go anywhere / Pick up anyone...

I go to South Central on a nightly basis... There's prostitutes all over the place they were even out there in the rain with Umbrellas last night... #whenhoislife

If it's not a long line at McDonalds I'll go... but if it's more than 2 people we ain't waiting in that line. That's my only rule.

Only thing I hate is Smelly people (Really Bad Cigarette odor / Body Odor)

do you have the ability to see the address before accepting a delivery?

I ask because I have had Uber drivers of all races and gender come to my area no problem lol

When dude called me he could have easily said "bro I`m scared can you meet me somewhere", dont just say "hey I`m at a church" and then when I say "I paid for delivery to my home though" say "I`m not going there". When I said I paid for delivery to my home that was his opportunity to alert me of his fear, and then I could have said "aight man cool", saying "I`m not going there" is unacceptable, why dudes want to cape beats me lol.
Come on Lucky, dudes have a problem admitting to their girl when they need to ask for directions....you think he's going to tell another man he's straight up scared?  Him asking you to meet up at a church was a hint at the problem.

Last edited:
I don't know how Uber Eats works, but Yes you have the ability to see the address

But if you skip on too many rides UBER will start to give you less rides. So i just go anywhere.

I did cancel a ride recently ........... LOL!!

Uber Pool took more than 2 minutes and all these neighbors started looking at me, so I called the rider.....

She came out but trailing behind her was her tall Goofy Looking boyfriend (assumed) wearing like a Billabong Plaid shirt and some Bullhead denim with some Vans (That weren't New) LOL!!

So I cancelled the ride.... but I was still on the phone with her...

When they requested a new ride I was still in the area

I accepted the ride....

She came out and said she was going to get a new ride Because she could Hear me laughing over the phone while I cancelled the ride

LOLOLOLOLOOOLOOLOOL :rofl: :rofl:

Uber has gotten so widespread now that the drivers aren't even trying anymore. When uber first started there was so much competition, drivers would give you water and snacks. Now any idiot can drive his camry for uber. It's going to kill the company if they don't step in.

They are eventually gonna move to Self Driving Cars so customer service issues won't really exist anymore but who knows when that will happen. I have never had a bad Uber experience besides one time with my girl in Chicago we had some crazy lady who drove on the wrong side of the road lol.

There is a convention intown so this dude must have come form the burbs to try to get some in town money.

Shoulda met up with his scared *** at the church, took the food n ran his pockets

4real tho he shoulda BEEN told u what was going on instead of having u wondering where your food was ...if he didn't wanna come shoulda cancelled it n let u know , terrible customer service all around :smh:

Really not understanding the defending of the driver with the, "He might have actually been scared" comments.

So what if you are scared.

Don't do the job; Don't accept the route.

It is as simple as that.

Some of yall are going out of your way to be difficult in here man

Shoulda met up with his scared *** at the church, took the food n ran his pockets

4real tho he shoulda BEEN told u what was going on instead of having u wondering where your food was ...if he didn't wanna come shoulda cancelled it n let u know , terrible customer service all around :smh:

Exactly. I`m like just be straight up with me, the "I`m not going there" is what triggered fear stemming from some sort of prejudice rather than "I`m scared for my life". If you are scared for your life hell why would I meet up with you? lol I`d tell you go ahead and cancel my damn self. Either way with UBER you have the ability to perform due diligence on every user and address prior to accepting. Its one thing if you work for Pizza hut and you have no choice where you can deliver to, but UBERs whole thing is drivers having the power to pick when and where they want to service in advance. Wasting everyones time because you have prejudice is idiotic, he could have saved himself the drive by literally looked up my address before accepting. Hell I have had a driver ask me to walk out to their car before so really there is no excuse.

Really not understanding the defending of the driver with the, "He might have actually been scared" comments.

It is as simple as that.

Exactly, I`m like if this was Pizza hut I wouldnt have made the thread but this is Uber the whole purpose is having the ability to accept only routes you want to accept. Cats are asking like I asked for that specific driver.

It is as simple as that.

He not obligated by law to put himself in danger though.

Yeah, he messed up by accepting the route in the first place but what can you do now. At least Lucky can get a voucher or somethingfor his bad experience.

Yeah, he messed up by accepting the route in the first place but what can you do now. At least Lucky can get a voucher or somethingfor his bad experience.

they offered my 5 bucks.

Once again if you feel in danger, inform the customer. Saying "Man I dont feel safe" and "I`m not going there" are not the same thing what so ever.

And he was not obligated to accept my order, but he did. If you want to pick and choose where you delivery Uber literally gives you the tools to do so, so why waste everyones time and "allegedly" put your own life in danger since you are so concerned about safety?

Once again what if this was the Uber Taxi service and I was in his car, you telling me dude can just drop me off anywhere because he doesnt want to go to my destination? why waste everyones time?

I think you are missing the entire scope of this discussion.

What about the other people that live in "undesirable" parts of citied in the US?

What is thr universal voucher that will be offered to them because their location will be discriminated against?

Again, you are COMPLETELY missing the scope of this convo

:rofl: they offered you five?
Man, just because he didn't word it how you wanted him to word it doesn't mean that wasn't his intent. We're reading between the lines and it seems obvious that him being scared is the reason. Dude probably ate your food and everything Bruh lol

they offered my 5 bucks.

Once again if you feel in danger, inform the customer. Saying "Man I dont feel safe" and "I`m not going there" are not the same thing what so ever.

And he was not obligated to accept my order, but he did. If you want to pick and choose where you delivery Uber literally gives you the tools to do so, so why waste everyones time and "allegedly" put your own life in danger since you are so concerned about safety?

So all they gave you was your money back? damn 
embarassed.gif

I'm assuming he didn't know the area well and got shook the closer he got to your area. 
I think you are missing the entire scope of this discussion.
Really? explain.

What about the other people that live in "undesirable" parts of citied in the US?

What is thr universal voucher that will be offered to them because their location will be discriminated against?

Again, you are COMPLETELY missing the scope of this convo

Exactly, dudes dont understand the can of worms this opens. Giving Drivers the ability to pre screen routes is enough to satisfy and take care of any prejudice for the most part, but once you accept you are now involving others which isnt cool.

They would be better off not offering Uber to "undesirable areas" but even then its funny I have majority female drivers deliver to my home much later than 7pm yet a Grown man is scared for his life? If he was in such fear why even go to a church? why just not cancel off rip?

So all they gave you was your money back? damn :wow:

I'm assuming he didn't know the area well and got shook the closer he got to your area. 

Really? explain.

They didnt give me anything back. They offered 5 bucks off my next order.

You cant be serious

Don't condone what he did, but maybe he saw the address and thought it was fine, but once he started driving closer to your place didn't feel comfortable. Should have been nicer about it and at least apologized.

:rofl: they offered you five?
Man, just because he didn't word it how you wanted him to word it doesn't mean that wasn't his intent. We're reading between the lines and it seems obvious that him being scared is the reason. Dude probably ate your food and everything Bruh lol

Why should I have to be a mind reader when I am the paying customer? You dudes tolerate any ol thing and that is pitiful.

If you scared say your scared, and if you are that shook just cancel off rip and accept the negative feed back. Calling me and having that type of convo you just opened an unneeded can of worms and exposed yourself.

Back
Top Bottom