What sets JB apart from the rest?

I was curious to know what everyone thinks about this? Is it the design of the shoes, colorway's or just the plain fact that Michael wore them?

For me its a combination of things mainly the comfort of j's

but so many other factor, where I grew up and the time in which I grew up Jordan's were like a hood status symbol. There are also things like I rememberJordan wearing the shoe.

To me I love the look and the fact that every shoe company out there tries to copy Jordan designs. How many company's have Jordan XI look alikes? Nothinglike the originals though. I have an Adidas themed name, but I was always a Jordan guy. I remember growing up poor, and flipping through eastbay just dreamingabout the kicks, now that Im older and financially able, I hit up ebay, and different releases to get the kicks I wanted as a kid.

THE QUALITY...
smile.gif

id have to say the fct that so many ppl wear em. like for me, it was seeing fresh prince in metallics and grapes. like id dream of having them and being thefreshest kid at school. its basically the design.

The shoe is an inspired by the best player of all time and also tinker for the most part. Also the quality and comfort.

Back in the day they were the innovator's of basketball kicks. The comfort, the technology, the style, the mad colorways. Like Tinker always said theywould zig when everybody else would zag. That and the Jumpman was the Cadillac logo of the of the sneaker world. Plus it was the shoe of the greatest playerof all time. Now-a-day's the only thing that separates itself from the rest is pure hype, it sucks to say but it's true.

I think it is the man himself. Many of us on NT grew up watching a legend. I remember many Jordan moments much like many people remember historicmoments...I remember where I was, I remember who I was with, etc. I remember getting my first pair of Jordan's better than my best Christmas growingup...not because of the quality of the leather, not because Nike Air was on the heel. I remember because I had the same thing on that the Superman of my timewore...maybe now I can jump a little higher and "did you see that jumper" I could say with confidence. It really had you thinking, "Is it theshoes?" Writing this brings back so many memories. Jordan was a part of Christmas. Christmas day you open gifts, go to grandparents house, eat, thenit's Marv Albert, NBA on NBC and JORDAN. Classic games! After the game go outside with your cousins and try to be Mike. Bottom line, you could put theseshoes on somebody else and there is no hype...It's Jordan that sets JB apart from the rest.

For me it's 1 part Jordan himself 5 parts design.

If Jordan wore Vans back in the day I still don't think I'd lime them.

This was one of those rare times when two great things overlap to make something greater than either one alone.

It brings ya back,. 420 in the afternoon watching sunday basketball while you knew jordan was going to clown somebody down. Bulls/knicks bulls/suns, bulls/pacers, bulls and anyone it didnt matter. If you were lucky enough to watch live the best basketball player of all time show why nobody was better thanhe was or ever will be! I'm thankful to have seen history and own a piece it history every time i wear the og's and not some joker shoes that he nevereven wore in a game. or you clowns who wear variant j's and think nobody can tell lol, The only people who care about j's are shoeheads, women onlycare that they cost alot. Don't get caught up wearing fakes ! The jordan legacy will live on forever. Kobe and lebron have no chance in my opinion. Jordan won a championship in collage,
4fb35c3bee15796f03f0604701784d7bcc19aa0.pjpg
Kobe and lebrontook the money and passed on collage. og playoff jordan 12's are always nice to look at! enuf said

the man himself. His shoe was the third game changing shoe Nike brought to the table and hopefully Brand Jordan will establish something within the brand thatwill change the way people perceive the products from various perspectives.

the high MSRP.... otherwise nothing... cause JB got the same low quality and fake colorways...

Nothing really. The quality is great, its whack, its blah blah blah. Really now, how different is the quality from Jordans to Nikes.
eyes.gif
Jordan is top tier in the sneaker world, of course every person loves em, fromthe hype they give, to nostagia for the ogs, to just liking how a shoe looks. Other than that, the only thing that "sets it apart" (as if JordanBrand is on top of the world), is MJ himself. He only was the best player to pick up a basketball.

Granted JB has been
laugh.gif
for the past few years. Cmon now, fusion Vs andall that fusion garbage, spizikes and dub zeroes, basketball leather 22s, fusion of different numbered Jordans, like really now? Sellout. JB shouldve kept itnumbered Jordans and the occasional team Jordan. Not this whack stuff every hoodrat and wanna be sneakerhead garbage.
indifferent.gif

It use to be quality!!! But now their products are just like the others. Cheap and expensive!

Originally Posted by greatone33333

It brings ya back,. 420 in the afternoon watching sunday basketball while you knew jordan was going to clown somebody down. Bulls/knicks bulls/suns, bulls/pacers, bulls and anyone it didnt matter. If you were lucky enough to watch live the best basketball player of all time show why nobody was better than he was or ever will be! I'm thankful to have seen history and own a piece it history every time i wear the og's and not some joker shoes that he never even wore in a game. or you clowns who wear variant j's and think nobody can tell lol, The only people who care about j's are shoeheads, women only care that they cost alot. Don't get caught up wearing fakes ! The jordan legacy will live on forever. Kobe and lebron have no chance in my opinion. Jordan won a championship in collage,
4fb35c3bee15796f03f0604701784d7bcc19aa0.pjpg
Kobe and lebron took the money and passed on collage. og playoff jordan 12's are always nice to look at! enuf said

i agree about watching jordan live!!! nothing beats turning on the tv and watching magic in front of your eyes! thats what this whole game is about for me. allthese retros bring back memories for me! it's not about dudes coming in complaining about this or that, or what's the dopest or hottest shoe at thetime. i bought my shoes cause it's a means of reminiscing. all the memories come flying back!

Back
Top Bottom