What used car would you get for around 20k?

Also with 20k why not just get a new car?
30t6p3b.gif

That's a sucker move.  The "well at least I know I put every mile in this car" feeling wears out real quick.  Let someone else take the depreciation hit, plus it's hard to get a deal on a "new" car.

Also with 20k why not just get a new car?
30t6p3b.gif

That's a sucker move.  The "well at least I know I put every mile in this car" feeling wears out real quick.  Let someone else take the depreciation hit, plus it's hard to get a deal on a "new" car.

Well, don't buy a new car, that's for sure.

With 20k you have so many options. If you have that in cash then you have a lot of leverage as well. I guess it depends on what exactly you want and if you want to lease it.

If I were you I would find something very nice thats around 22-25k, and see if you can't get it outright by dropping 20k cash on the table. Dealers see that kind of guaranteed money they almost always are willing to give you a deal...Theoretically.

Well, don't buy a new car, that's for sure.

With 20k you have so many options. If you have that in cash then you have a lot of leverage as well. I guess it depends on what exactly you want and if you want to lease it.

If I were you I would find something very nice thats around 22-25k, and see if you can't get it outright by dropping 20k cash on the table. Dealers see that kind of guaranteed money they almost always are willing to give you a deal...Theoretically.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

20Gs on a used car is sooo @+% backwards
How so?  If the car originally sold for $30K and it's now worth $20 someone else just took a $10K depreciation for you.  If you buy a $20K, it'll likely be worth $10K when you're done with it.  Historically, a new car averages a 50-60% depreciation if the first 5 years.  Luxury cars are even worse because everyone wants because everyone wants the maintenance warranty that's covered in the first 5 years.  Considering that they hardly have any major repairs that are needed during that timeline, you're basically paying a premium for nothing.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

20Gs on a used car is sooo @+% backwards
How so?  If the car originally sold for $30K and it's now worth $20 someone else just took a $10K depreciation for you.  If you buy a $20K, it'll likely be worth $10K when you're done with it.  Historically, a new car averages a 50-60% depreciation if the first 5 years.  Luxury cars are even worse because everyone wants because everyone wants the maintenance warranty that's covered in the first 5 years.  Considering that they hardly have any major repairs that are needed during that timeline, you're basically paying a premium for nothing.

you really want to pick up an used BMW for what? thats a lot of money just maintaining the damn car. just get a brand new honda or toyota.

you really want to pick up an used BMW for what? thats a lot of money just maintaining the damn car. just get a brand new honda or toyota.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by saint lt

with 20k you might as well just get a new car bud.

Why?  It'll be worth $18K the minute you drive it off the lot.  He is far better off getting a 2-3 year old car and letting someone else eat the majority of the depreciation.
yep

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by saint lt

with 20k you might as well just get a new car bud.

Why?  It'll be worth $18K the minute you drive it off the lot.  He is far better off getting a 2-3 year old car and letting someone else eat the majority of the depreciation.
yep

lots of options. g37, m3, and would def check out some audi's. Evo, charger, challenger. depends on the person's taste

lots of options. g37, m3, and would def check out some audi's. Evo, charger, challenger. depends on the person's taste

get a 90 civic and spend the rest on jdm parts and accessories.

Originally Posted by 2o6

i personally would take this route but in a american muscle twist....get a g body or f body, and load it with pro-touring equipment & a monstrous crate engine.

Originally Posted by 2o6

i personally would take this route but in a american muscle twist....get a g body or f body, and load it with pro-touring equipment & a monstrous crate engine.

Back
Top Bottom