what was the first jordan to be Retroed

ballab87

Banned
me and my friends was talking about jordans the other day and this question was brought up which jordan was first to be retroed and what color and year if youhave it thank you

The white/cement and black/cement III's were retroed first in 1994. Then the white/black/red and black/red I's and white/black II mids and lowsfollowed in 1995.

The IV's were retroed in 1999....And then everything else!

Yep back in 94 & 95..can you believe they didn't sell well & hit the sales racks back then...the world wasn't ready for em..i remember seeingthem on the clearance rack at Sportmart for $39.99!!

Originally Posted by ijapino

The white/cement and black/cement III's were retroed first in 1994. Then the white/black/red and black/red I's and white/black II mids and lows followed in 1995.

thanx for the info
glasses.gif

shows you how out of hand the "shoe game" is. the best J's were on sale, i guess the world wasn't ready. now you get the worst shoes sellingout in minutes

The white/cement and black/cement III's were retroed first in 1994. Then the white/black/red and black/red I's and white/black II mids and lows followed in 1995.

Correct.

Just an additional information: both white/cement & black/cement IIIs were initially planned for retro release in December '93. I posted the officialNike catalog back in '03 here which clearly stated this but was pushed back and did not make its retro debut 'till '94. Both Pat and Scones had acopy of this catalog as well. I still have mine collecting dust somewhere in my house. I'll try to dig it up this weekend and post it.

GRAILS !!!
pimp.gif

why does air-jordans.com say the Is and IIs were retroed in 94...?

Release date: Month ??, 1994
Retail price: $80.00
Production no: 130207 101 00
Known production dates and factories:
940911 Y3, 941012 Y3 China

I bought black/cement IIIs during the this time in 1994 at Athlete's Foot for $99.99 on sale. No joke.

The white/cement and black/cement III's were retroed first in 1994.
Correct. Came with the first ever "retro card", with a mini-photo of the Air Jordans 1 - 9 poster on one side.

Contrary to popular belief, Air-Jordans.com is misinformed on alot of info. However, they're still the top resource for getting most AirJordan info.

The III's were probably retroed first since they were more popular.

Contrary to popular belief, Air-Jordans.com is misinformed on alot of info. However, they're still the top resource for getting most Air Jordan info.

The III's were probably retroed first since they were more popular.

the elephant print has something to do with that

yeah i remember those.. i even told my mom..look mom how stupid are they making the same shoes again..and just ignored them and grab the acg boots...

yea the III's were retroed back in 94' i remember those cause it was the 1st pair of J's i owned. I wasn't even satisfied cause i wanted the"new" Jordans instead of the old 1's

Most people were too caught up with the newer J's to give a damn about any retros. I was too young and too immature at the time to care, oh well.
laugh.gif

I also copped the III in 94. They were very durable and great quality as well. I just remember that the leather was so good and tough that those shoes gave methe worst blisters I've ever had on the sides of both my big toes. Now all you get is this pleather stuff sans blisters. I guess blisters are something youpay for with real leather. lol

Back
Top Bottom