What was the reaction to Life after Death when it dropped?

this goes out for those who chose to use disrespectful views on the KING of N-Y...%$!% that why try throw bleach in ya eye...

Originally Posted by Jesus Got Game 34

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

i'm 32 so was 17 when it came out. i'm from california so a lot of us were like 'this is it? this is a 5 mic album? this SUCKS!'
this album was the catalyst in 'the source' losing all credibility on the west coast.

looking back on it now, though, if the focus had been on making a classic single album versus a double good album, that could have easily been accomplished. there are 12 solid tracks but the rest...not so much.
QUE? can't co-sign that sir.

life after death is THE blueprint for pretty much every rap album that followed in my eyes

And you believe that to be a good thing?  That statement and your second statement are not at all incompatible...

Its was biggie mania the day it dropped in nyc... I remember my mom looked in almost ever record shop in queens for the album and finally found a copy for me .... It was an instant classic

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

this goes out for those who chose to use disrespectful views on the KING of N-Y...%$!% that why try throw bleach in ya eye...

Thats life to top it off, beef with White, pulling bleach out, tryna throw it in my eyesight!

Originally Posted by Jesus Got Game 34

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

i'm 32 so was 17 when it came out. i'm from california so a lot of us were like 'this is it? this is a 5 mic album? this SUCKS!'
this album was the catalyst in 'the source' losing all credibility on the west coast.

looking back on it now, though, if the focus had been on making a classic single album versus a double good album, that could have easily been accomplished. there are 12 solid tracks but the rest...not so much.
QUE? can't co-sign that sir.

life after death is THE blueprint for pretty much every rap album that followed in my eyes

not asking you to co-sign it. just answering the OPs original question with my own opinion thrown in there. 

but...i'm not sure what you mean...how can it be THE blueprint if it's one of only a handful of lackluster rap double albums? 

In NY this dropping after he died everyone was calling it a classic and the goat rap album. A year later ppl got off that high a bit and the general consensus was it was a classic but some liking 1 disc more than the other and the usual ppl feeling it'd be even greater if it was one album. Regardless, it was the blueprint for rap albums for like the next 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom