What will the world be like AFTER religion FAILS?

DISCLAIMERS:
  • I'm not dissing religion. I respect it. I just don't adhere to it.
  • I'm not talking about a world WITHOUT religion (not some alternate reality), but rather one that evolved past the ability to believe in one, which is where this world is heading.
  • Please, do not add unnecessary comments. It's not funny
    grin.gif
    . Let the intelligent people be just that. Go somewhere else for your
    laugh.gif
    and
    indifferent.gif
    fix
Now imagine the world we live in. With all the margin for error in every single religious text, it's clear that the only thing supporting religion is FAITH. All the "evidence" in most religions requires some degree of FAITH to interpret as fact. I define FAITH as, "A strong belief; unaffected by a lack of supporting evidence, doubt, or circumstantial evidence to the contrary". In a nutshell, having faith in something is agreeing to believe in it no matter what. Kinda like marrying an idea instead of a person
grin.gif
( I think people should date ideas first, for the record.. these arranged marriage to religion are disturbing.. Religious kids = brain washing. Come on man.. you're not even old enough to have a perspective on the matter.)

Now imagine that some generations from now, the whole religious community as a whole (The big 3 + any smaller religions and/or derivatives i.e. mysticism, Wicca, what have you...) is so convoluted that no one knows what to believe anymore. What if the heads of religious organizations finally stopped focusing in competing for dominance and instead came together to compare and contrast their rhetoric? What if they came to the conclusion (and took responsibility for the fact) that it's all just too murky to swim in anymore since whatever IS/WAS true has been lost to tampering and hidden agendas? And since no one really knows what's what anymore, what if everybody just said "@$*+ it..."

..... see what I'm saying? Imagine a world AFTER religion, not one WITHOUT religion.

What would that place be like? Are you religious/spiritual? Do you think that this is the current state of Earth as a whole? Let's have a chat NT...

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Like it is today. Religion failed thousands of years ago.

People still have FAITH though. Religious agendas may have failed, granted. I'm talking about when agnosticism ruins away with it and people stop trying to label God and just assume they'll never know the truth, if there is one worth knowing.

It's hard to believe or even imagine everyone thinking that way. Something big would have to happen to get everyone to discredit what they've once believed in for so long. And with some Christians, it wouldn't matter the magnitude of the event, they'll just look at it as some fake prophecy. But I honestly wish this would someday happen. Religion is just another piece of the box that has been built, though there really is no box, only an imaginary ceiling.

Religion will NEVER cease to exist. We are naturally spiritual beings, you could erase religion or any system of belief off the planet right now then look back some time after and new beliefs will arise..

Actually something very simple can destroy most of the world's religions. And that's an intelligent race of aliens. It would pretty much make Islam, Christianity, and Judaism pointless as the core belief in all 3 is that we are made in the image of God and the only ones out there with this much intelligence.

Its not going to fail. You'll always have impoverished and uneducated peoples (for the most part) that will find explanation of what's going on via a complex being.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Actually something very simple can destroy most of the world's religions. And that's an intelligent race of aliens. It would pretty much make Islam, Christianity, and Judaism pointless as the core belief in all 3 is that we are made in the image of God and the only ones out there with this much intelligence.
I never believed that to be the case. I've never had a conflict between spirituality, aliens, or evolution. But that's jut me. I see what you're saying tho..
It's hard to believe or even imagine everyone thinking that way. Something big would have to happen to get everyone to discredit what they've once believed in for so long. And with some Christians, it wouldn't matter the magnitude of the event, they'll just look at it as some fake prophecy. But I honestly wish this would someday happen. Religion is just another piece of the box that has been built, though there really is no box, only an imaginary ceiling.

Like the heads of the major religions going on CNN and saying "Sike, we never really knew at all.." ?

Once the spirit is evident in presence, there will be no need left to affirm or commercialize. The world is being prepped right now in a major way.

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

Its not going to fail. You'll always have impoverished and uneducated peoples (for the most part) that will find explanation of what's going on via a complex being.

This here...as long as there's people that are so far down they have nowhere to look but up, they will continue to.

Originally Posted by potus2028

This here...as long as there's people that are so far down they have nowhere to look but up, they will continue to.
This is true.  But if you watched last Sunday's 60 Minutes on CBS and their special on Islamic Radicals you'd see how they say how intelligent people are sometimes even easier to sway a certain way as they want some sort of belief to define them.  I don't think it's true in all cases but it's definitely true as we gain more knowledge we make our own opinions about the information we attain.

And there will always be a "hard edge" at the outer limits of scientific understanding. "Educated" or otherwise, there will always be SOMETHING Man can't grasp. Who's to say that this something isn't the essence of (or at least the evidence of) a higher power -- be it an actual being (like Zeus), a mechanism (like the laws of physics), an understanding (like the path to Nirvana), or a fundamental human component (like the conscience).  Who's to say what embodies "God" once all religions are no longer claiming absolute certainty over their propagated answer?

Thoughts to think on...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by potus2028

This is true.  But if you watched last Sunday's 60 Minutes on CBS and their special on Islamic Radicals you'd see how they say how intelligent people are sometimes even easier to sway a certain way as they want some sort of belief to define them.  I don't think it's true in all cases but it's definitely true as we gain more knowledge we make our own opinions about the information we attain.

A person who lets somebody sway them into a false self-definition just so you'll have a proverbial lunch table to sit at is not quite as intelligent as he thinks. A truly intelligent person percieves the world around him and forms his own beliefs based on his experiences and independent thought instead of just accepting something because "well, he said it, and people have been saying it for long time, so it must be true"... Not to get snarkified, just my view...

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Religion only fails in ones' heart. If you continue to believe, religion will always thrive.

God Bless
smile.gif

missing the point, you are. But I appreciate the smiles mamcita
wink.gif

%@@+ you doing round these parts AJ?
laugh.gif

Religion only fails in ones' heart. If you continue to believe, religion will always thrive.

God Bless
smile.gif

That one thread lured me back on a trial basis...a little nostalgia
laugh.gif
I was just finna peep General and go back to work...then I saw this theological throwdown and just had to throw my hat in the ring....

Back
Top Bottom