What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Tomorrow.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by manamazing55

just ordered 2x black pair on NDC today. I wanted Navy, but they were sold out.

I feel like an idiot for spending $25 on two pair of socks, but at least I got free shipping.

Oh well, hype got me

its not hype........... they are great socks point blank.  They are worth the money imo.

to each their own, but they are SOCKS. Im sorry, no sock on the face of the earth is worth $12 per pair. I bought them, im just sayin

I understand your feelings but alot of people underestimate the importance of good sock when balling....... they prevent foot problems in the long run. This seem like they help that issue having a pair.  In my eyes its just a small investment to good health when i get older, but like you said, to each their own.

I feel like an idiot for spending $25 on two pair of socks, but at least I got free shipping.

Oh well, hype got me

its not hype........... they are great socks point blank.  They are worth the money imo.

to each their own, but they are SOCKS. Im sorry, no sock on the face of the earth is worth $12 per pair. I bought them, im just sayin
People pay a premium for everything in life. I spend a majority of my time on my feet. So does everyone else. You use your feet wherever you go! Why wouldn't you want to take care of them. People pay $100 and up for JEANS. THAT'S ridiculous. Maybe you have taught yourself that socks aren't worth good money, but they definitely are an investment like fatt said.

i never paid a premium for socks before until I tried on a pair of NBA socks for casual wear. I was so blown away with the comfort level that i bought like 6 pairs. I ordered a couple of these nike socks to see how they perform for basketball. i've always worn champion dri-fit and these other no name running dri-fit socks when playing ball and they work fine to prevent blisters....so i'm gonna give these a shot.

Oh well, hype got me

how did you get free shipping?  open a new acct?

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

Nike did Eastbay dirty
laugh.gif

They had Eastbay do all the promotion and build more and more hype by providing "release" dates.�

And what does Nike do?

Put all the colors up on THEIR site, while Eastbay tells us their shipment has been delayed.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^wow.......... i didnt even think about that.... eastbay did just got bent over and........... yea you get it the idea. Im glad i ordered my pair from NDC, ill be happier when i get that shipping confirmation.

Honestly, there's enough demand for these out there that Eastbay will have no problems moving these. (if they ever get them) We're a special group of sock nerds who have beasted over these. Once the general public figures out they're onine they'll be gone again. I'll definitely be getting more pairs. I just HOPE we get some more team colors like an all purple or green.
pimp.gif

yeah, sucks for eastbay.  just glad that they're finally out.  and the best part of it all???  tellin the resellers on ebay to stuff their elite socks up their azzes
roll.gif

youre right, but im glad i went with the "sure thing" for now, i hate to say but eastbay is infamous for pushing shipping dates back. Im quite sure is not totally their fault, but the result is the same. I would expect any additional colors until next season. those colors plus maroon or orange would be hot.

Originally Posted by jmizzo

Oh well, hype got me

yea, I never had an acct, I always just bought and bypassed that

Originally Posted by jmizzo

Oh well, hype got me

yea, I never had an acct, I always just bought and bypassed that

youre right, but im glad i went with the "sure thing" for now, i hate to say but eastbay is infamous for pushing shipping dates back. Im quite sure is not totally their fault, but the result is the same. I would expect any additional colors until next season. those colors plus maroon or orange would be hot.
We do not like it when shipment dates get pushed back.  There are many factors that can cause delays, which many of them are out of our control.  Unfortunately, it happens and we have no choice but to give a new time frame on when we can expect the item(s).

At this time, we hope to receive the socks during the middle of May.  Once they come in, we will post an update.

EastbayRep - Ray

Will get my 3 black pairs on the 4th. Got my sister to buy me a couple more for my bday too
pimp.gif

question for you "sock experts": do you guys wear 2 pairs of socks when hoopin? I've been told wearing 2 pairs decreases chances of getting blisters and it's worked like a charm so far, been doing it for a number of years now. But with these socks would the extra sock be unnecessary? I'm guessing yes, but want to hear your opinions

Originally Posted by TCMan5190

Will get my 3 black pairs on the 4th. Got my sister to buy me a couple more for my bday too
pimp.gif

question for you "sock experts": do you guys wear 2 pairs of socks when hoopin? I've been told wearing 2 pairs decreases chances of getting blisters and it's worked like a charm so far, been doing it for a number of years now. But with these socks would the extra sock be unnecessary? I'm guessing yes, but want to hear your opinions

The extra cushioning built into these socks will provide enough to just wear one pair. Like I said in a previous post, a lesser cotton content will help a LOT when trying to get rid of/avoiding blisters. The elite socks have 15% cotton which is awesome because cotton is a good cushioning material, it just doesn't breathe and wick moisture. Whenever your buying socks in the future look at the back and check the cotton ingridents and you'll notice a major difference. Yeah they cost more but it's really worth it. They last a lot longer and hold their shape over time. Check out running stores and sporting goods stores to see some cool stuff. Balega is my personal favorite all around sock for everyday wear.

sittin here @ home so i dont miss my shipment, so stoked for my pairs and they will be TESTED today...

got one for every day of the week
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Missed the Navys, noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Navy was the ONE color I wanted more than any. I dunno why, I don't even have Navy basketball shoes like that.

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

We do not like it when shipment dates get pushed back.  There are many factors that can cause delays, which many of them are out of our control.  Unfortunately, it happens and we have no choice but to give a new time frame on when we can expect the item(s).

At this time, we hope to receive the socks during the middle of May.  Once they come in, we will post an update.

EastbayRep - Ray
Dont get me wrong EastbayRep, i have alot of love for eastbay........ ALOT.  I hope you dont think i was trying to drag your company's name through the mud but this is a frequent problem that occurs.  Again like i said before i know its not totally your fault, shoot its probably not your fault at all, but it is a problem that customers have to go through.  Im gonna still be loyal to yall, but others unfortunately dont have my love and loyality.

nike is nike.  they are allowed to ship orders to vendors outside of the ship window that was written in their PO's.  there are no penalties...well, b/c they are nike.  other vendors, worry about losing business when they ship late, or ship incomplete.  but b/c most companies NEED nike since they are such a big % of their sales, there is nothing they can do...except wait...and hope their PO's are shipped on-time and complete.

i know.  i worked for a retailer that had nike in their shoe department.

Got my 2 reds today from NIKE. Got over 10 pairs already. Planning on getting more.

To me Elite oscks are better than NBA socks.

Back
Top Bottom