What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

sorry if this has been covered, checked a bunch of pages back but didn't see any info, why does HOH not have Nike elite socks anymore? are the stance socks taking over now?

sorry if this has been covered, checked a bunch of pages back but didn't see any info, why does HOH not have Nike elite socks anymore? are the stance socks taking over now?
I live by two HOH and both have elite socks, both regular and Hyperelite. They have the stance socks as well but I'm actually surprised yours doesn't have any elites if that's the case

I live by two HOH and both have elite socks, both regular and Hyperelite. They have the stance socks as well but I'm actually surprised yours doesn't have any elites if that's the case

well they aren't going to be stocking them anymore is what the manager told me....I really need those WTK X socks but don't know where to get them lol

Related to the Stance NBA quarters -- when you guys say no elastic, I get what you mean, but is there are least an elastic band at the top of the sock?

I loved the NBA FBF quarters but my only issue was after a ton of use the tops stretched out a lot for me.

Related to the Stance NBA quarters -- when you guys say no elastic, I get what you mean, but is there are least an elastic band at the top of the sock?

I loved the NBA FBF quarters but my only issue was after a ton of use the tops stretched out a lot for me.
When I posted no elastic, I was referring to what was printed on the label as far as material, just thought it was interesting.  but yes the top there is an elastic band feel, or basically feels the same as the crews almost.   

When you wash your socks, try to hang dry or dry with cool air will allow the elastic quality to be better for a longer period of time.  I think hot air will kill it for sure.  

@lakers29   repped for the reply!

Good to know on the quarters.  Next pair of NBAs I grab will be the quarters, just wish they were avail. on footsites and FNL because I have some small rewards to use.

Hang to dry is a good call -- I've done this before but often have been lazy and just dry them inside out, helps a little but for the elastic properties I'm that warm/hot dry is no good

Thanks again

I'm not a Rockets fan, but I like grey socks and like how the ankle cushion portion is the same color.  May take a chance on these on the left

Last edited:
mini rant.  

FTL is the worst imo, went last night looking for a gift, they had only 4 colors of the nba stance team socks,  all ones i didnt like.  and I asked if  they could order for me (Lakers core) since I'm in store and have it shipped to me, they said $30 minimum...the socks at $26!  So I told the lady, youre going to lose a sale for $4? Online says, "only in store" and now youre saying i have to find another $5 to buy in order for you to help me get the already overpriced socks I want...forget it.  Lady replied - yeah thats the rules and didnt offer any other help.  

seems like everytime I go into a FTL, I leave with such disapointment and bad service.  I'm done with FTL.  customer service and business logic is absolute garbage,  imo of course. 

and np @iks mod  hope it helped. 

Last edited:
^I hear you man -- it's been so hit or miss there for me.  the only thing that has been decent are when i'm stopping in for a new release and have been fortunate that there are no hang ups with reward coupons.  Everything else I've had to deal with though has never been that smooth...

mini rant.  

FTL is the worst imo, went last night looking for a gift, they had only 4 colors of the nba stance team socks,  all ones i didnt like.  and I asked if  they could order for me (Lakers core) since I'm in store and have it shipped to me, they said $30 minimum...the socks at $26!  So I told the lady, youre going to lose a sale for $4? Online says, "only in store" and now youre saying i have to find another $5 to buy in order for you to help me get the already overpriced socks I want...forget it.  Lady replied - yeah thats the rules and didnt offer any other help.  

seems like everytime I go into a FTL, I leave with such disapointment and bad service.  I'm done with FTL.  customer service and business logic is absolute garbage,  imo of course. 

and np @iks mod
 hope it helped. 

Which FTL was this?

I guarantee if you go to the one I work at and they let me work the sales floor again I'd have helped you out.

mini rant.  

and np @iks mod
 hope it helped. 

$30 minimum?! Nah, it should be a $20 minimum. Was that lady there the manager? I'd call back and ask to speak to the manager, and tell the manager that you want to order those socks.

Last edited:
Which FTL was this?

I guarantee if you go to the one I work at and they let me work the sales floor again I'd have helped you out.
santa anita HOH,  socal.  and yes the lady there was the manager.   There are more examples of how unprofessional they are but I don't want to make a list on here.  I've had better service at other HOHs, so I guess I shouldn't say its all FTLs,  I am too old to deal with ppl that dont want to do their job, ill just go elsewhere, I will not be calling back to reward them my business for them doing a bad job the first time around.  maybe I am too stubborn, but again im the customer ill spend my money where I want.  its not like these socks are exclusive to FTL. 

@Frank Mucus   I appreciate that,  I understand every employee is different, but too many of the same disapointing experiences just leaves me no desire to want to shop there again.   If I have the time to go to another HOH I will.  

Last edited:
mini rant.  

and np @iks mod
 hope it helped. 

:rolleyes call their Regional Manager and report that culprit

left: 2016 stance rookie game socks, free cause manager charged me $18 for getting kb11 asg. Bhm was $13, with rewards $15 rewards.

Was in need of a couple extra pairs of elites/stance/whatever and decided to give these a shot - Nike Elite Versatility.  Black and white pairs are on NDC but found more colors on eBay and for a pretty damn good price -- ended up being like 22 and change shipped for the 3 pairs -- was only looking to pick up a pair, but couldn't pass up this price for 3.  Read the description and they have a higher nylon content than elites, hyper elites and Stance.

Back
Top Bottom