What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Was in need of a couple extra pairs of elites/stance/whatever and decided to give these a shot - Nike Elite Versatility.  Black and white pairs are on NDC but found more colors on eBay and for a pretty damn good price -- ended up being like 22 and change shipped for the 3 pairs -- was only looking to pick up a pair, but couldn't pass up this price for 3.  Read the description and they have a higher nylon content than elites, hyper elites and Stance.

Repped cause i copped a similar deal after seeing your post

Anyone else feel like the OG elite socks are the best ones???
Yes, and I do mean BEST.  That word is tossed around too easily.

In my experience, they have the most value.  They last the longest and retain their shape, tightness and material longer than anything else I've worn.  One of the rare cases when they use the term Elite and it actually deserves that label.

I haven't tried any Thorlo socks or any of the new Stance NBA socks.  But old NBA socks and the best Adidas has to offer (Rose/Lillard socks), along with Under Armour's SC socks are all a notch or two below for various reasons.  Original Elites are by far the best.  Hyperelites and the digital inks (which I detest) aren't quite as good.  My one pair of digital ink socks look great, but they are so loose and there is no way I can play in them as they slide down and bunch up at the toes.  Garbage if you ask me.

Yes, and I do mean BEST.  That word is tossed around too easily.

In my experience, they have the most value.  They last the longest and retain their shape, tightness and material longer than anything else I've worn.  One of the rare cases when they use the term Elite and it actually deserves that label.

I haven't tried any Thorlo socks or any of the new Stance NBA socks.  But old NBA socks and the best Adidas has to offer (Rose/Lillard socks), along with Under Armour's SC socks are all a notch or two below for various reasons.  Original Elites are by far the best.  Hyperelites and the digital inks (which I detest) aren't quite as good.  My one pair of digital ink socks look great, but they are so loose and there is no way I can play in them as they slide down and bunch up at the toes.  Garbage if you ask me.
Man I've been on a hunt recently for a pair of white breast cancer ones and a pair of white and black og's....can't find a pair for a decent price.  I'm spoiled though I usually find mine at Marshalls for like $5 lol or add it on to my eastbay order and get them for free.  

Yeah I came up on some nice pairs at Marshall's/Burlington Coat Factory.  BHM's and a Lebron colorway for the low. 

Ebay has some as well.  I couldn't stop buying them, but then I finally stopped after I got 3 pairs of USA quarters for $18 shipped.  I'm set for a while.

Did you go with the same type (elite versatility)?

It may have been premature, but the compression on these looks great.  Just hoping that the cushion is decent and that they don't fall apart after a few wears...  it'll be a good test at least I guess

I really want to try Nike's tennis version of the elite sock, has anyone played in these? (either for tennis or hoops).  They are higher cotton content and I like how the length is in-between the high quarters and regular crews

Last edited:
Did you go with the same type (elite versatility)?

It may have been premature, but the compression on these looks great.  Just hoping that the cushion is decent and that they don't fall apart after a few wears...  it'll be a good test at least I guess

Yea got the same exact type of sock, they shipping from belgium so i have no idea when they could get here tho, hopefully they aren't bad

Was in need of a couple extra pairs of elites/stance/whatever and decided to give these a shot - Nike Elite Versatility.  Black and white pairs are on NDC but found more colors on eBay and for a pretty damn good price -- ended up being like 22 and change shipped for the 3 pairs -- was only looking to pick up a pair, but couldn't pass up this price for 3.  Read the description and they have a higher nylon content than elites, hyper elites and Stance.

Kinda feeling your colors better i like how theh have the contrast we have must of bought from the same seller cause the socks are arranged similar and you seem to have got the best ones

@hypebeast5  I actually kind of like the all red pair you got.  Most likely the same seller.  I was hoping to get all black/grey pairs but the seller didn't have that combo

No idea when they'll get here either -- feedback from other buyers seemed to say shipping was faster than indicated though.

Just checked Amazon and they have some decent prices...u guys think it's a good idea???
You mean a good idea to buy through amazon?  I don't think it's a bad idea... pretty protected through there if it's something you really want and it's a good price

This thread doesn't move much, but I'm curious to know what anyone thinks on this.

Do you think there's a shot that current stance on court NBA pairs will see markdowns over the summer or next nba season?  I would imagine Stance coming through with new designs for teams.  Wishful thinking for the most part, but it would seem to make sense if pairs keep sitting and they want to move through them.

^Yeah I've been hesitant even with some rewards coupons -- would rather go with a pair of the regular elites for much cheaper

These stance NBA and stance fusion are nice though... I am a fan

I've only seen the Spurs road at D icks and SA.

I don't know of any discounts at those places.

Last edited:

This thread doesn't move much, but I'm curious to know what anyone thinks on this.

Do you think there's a shot that current stance on court NBA pairs will see markdowns over the summer or next nba season?  I would imagine Stance coming through with new designs for teams.  Wishful thinking for the most part, but it would seem to make sense if pairs keep sitting and they want to move through them.
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=79969176&prodFindSrc=cart

D ick's has em for 16.99

Back
Top Bottom