What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

ya i got the newer ones.. but i like that gray stripe ha.. seen some on ebay but dudes be over pricing, no way am i paying over retail for them

anyone have or know where i can get the white with navy stripes or navy with red stripes, other than trying to sneak into the uconn locker room
laugh.gif

older gen > newer gen. older ones fit better. newer ones i have to shrink and shrink to get that same fit.

Originally Posted by dapurplengold213

a little off topic but what kind of socks are better? NBA socks or Nike Elite? I might get NBA socks 5 pairs for 30 bucks.
The NBA socks available @your local shops ARE NOT the same ones that the league players are using. The authentic NBA socks are much thicker ,almost wool like material, and have dedicated heel and forefoot cushioning. If you've noticed, the store bought NBA socks tends to "pill" and lose their shape and elasticity after a few wears and washings.
Nike Elites tend to stay up longer and are better quality. With that in mind, they're bit more expensive.

i ordered some thorlo bball socks. gonna try them out as soon as i get them in. the mediums elites are taking too long lol.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

i ordered some thorlo bball socks. gonna try them out as soon as i get them in. the mediums elites are taking too long lol.

I've been thinking of buys a few pairs. Lets us know how they work out

Just a heads up on the Thorlo crew thick cushion bball socks; there's so much cushioning it bumped my shoe size up 0.5 - 1 full size...

I went to Foot Locker the other day and they said you can't  get the buy one, get the 2nd for 1/2 off discount on the Nike Elite socks anymore. What the @#$% thats the only way these socks are even close to worth the price.

2 for 18 isnt that bad but 2 for 24 is definitely not worth it. ANd whats up with the Kobe Elite socks costing 15 dollars
sick.gif

I kinda miss the days before Niketalk hyped these socks up and you could get a pair for like 5 dollars.I think I'm just gonna go back to Dri-fit ones, I can get from Academy for 3 for 10 dollars.

Is there a reason these shocks for 25-30 a pair on ebay? I thought they were easy to get at FL and Niketowns...

checkout footlockers, the one here in eugene got them in, surpisingly...
sadly no BOGO, but i'll take them back to the home FTL and get the homie discount lol
just cant justify paying 12 for a pair of socks... when i usually get em for 6

Originally Posted by Insanity Peppers

Just a heads up on the Thorlo crew thick cushion bball socks; there's so much cushioning it bumped my shoe size up 0.5 - 1 full size...

eek.gif
That sounds just like the kind of basketball sock I'm looking for. Thank you very much for that info

Back
Top Bottom