What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

[quote name="earvcunanan" url="/t/243042/whats-good-with-nike-elite-basketbal-crew-socks-socks-ftw/1980#post_
Wash them in cold water, low tumble, and hang them up. Don't put them in the dryer, that's what ruins your socks or makes them fade. Also, flip your socks inside out when you're washing them.
You probably shouldn't flip them inside-out. The stitching is way more delicate on the inside.
lol only reason i flip em inside out is because cotton peeling get stuck on the tube other wise. i dont tihnk elites fade, but the nike cotton socks so. anyone know if regular black nike dri fit socks fade?

Last edited:
lol only reason i flip em inside out is because cotton peeling get stuck on the tube other wise. i dont tihnk elites fade, but the nike cotton socks so. anyone know if regular black nike dri fit socks fade?
Mine have kind of faded slowly. like after 10 washes (ish), maybe more. but i agree. no fading in elites from what I can tell so far, with the exception of my red ones.

[quote name="earvcunanan" url="/t/243042/whats-good-with-nike-elite-basketbal-crew-socks-socks-ftw/1980#post_
Wash them in cold water, low tumble, and hang them up. Don't put them in the dryer, that's what ruins your socks or makes them fade. Also, flip your socks inside out when you're washing them.
-------------------------------------------------------------

You probably shouldn't flip them inside-out. The stitching is way more delicate on the inside.

Have a collection of about 40+ Elite socks.
I have some that have been worn well over 50 times and are still in perfect shape.
I ALWAYS wash inside out in the wash machine with cold water and follow up with an air dry as the other poster previously mentioned.
That's the correct way to do it. I have never had a frayed pair or even a hole in any pair, some are 3+ years old.

Also, been doing this with my Levi's & Gap blue jeans for 15+ years.
It's the way to go when machine washing, it prolongs the lifetime of your garments.

This season the new Nike Hyperelite Basketball Crew Socks will be $ 18 a pair

[ATTACHMENT=3261]pages.pdf (1,077k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

This season the new Nike Hyperelite Basketball Crew Socks will be $ 18 a pair

[ATTACHMENT=3261]pages.pdf (1,077k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]
Saw some KD versions of these HyperElites, they look really nice, and there was a 3m lightning bolt on the inside, opposite where the swoosh usually is

anyone know of any good low cut socks white socks? I'm looking for something to use with my golf shoes. Something in an XL that stays on your foot like how the elite socks fit. I always have a problem with socks slipping with low cut socks and I normally wear crew anyways. :nerd:

My collection is:

6 Dri-Fit Crew Socks (Black)

3 Dri-Fit Half-Cushioned Crew Socks (White/Grey)

3 Dri-Fit Half-Cushioned Crew Socks (Black/Red)

6 Elite Crew Socks

(Black/White)

(White/Black)

(Black/Green)

(Dark Grey/Orange)

(Light Grey/Teal)

(Navy/White)

1 Elite Kobe Quarter Socks

(Black/Purple)

My collection is:

6 Dri-Fit Crew Socks (Black)

3 Dri-Fit Half-Cushioned Crew Socks (White/Grey)

3 Dri-Fit Half-Cushioned Crew Socks (Black/Red)

6 Elite Crew Socks

(Black/White)

(White/Black)

(Black/Green)

(Dark Grey/Orange)

(Light Grey/Teal)

(Navy/White)

1 Elite Kobe Quarter Socks

(Black/Purple)
yo let me know if your black dri fit socks fade, bc im thinking of buying some. also are those bred half cushion socks sort of fading/peeling? mine are.

yo let me know if your black dri fit socks fade, bc im thinking of buying some. also are those bred half cushion socks sort of fading/peeling? mine are.
No, none of my socks have faded.  I've had my black dri-fits for almost a year now, and they are all of still great quality.

My black and reds are still almost the same since i bought them.

I haven't seen regular dri-fits in stores for while, but they are on footlocker and finishline for 22 dollars with free shipping.

Hope I answered your questions!

Dose anyone know the style number on the orange grey so I can stick locate or anywhere you know has them that I can call and get them? Where have you guys seen em? I was goona get them off eBay but there's none left

Has anybody seen these in person yet? I'm wondering if there more orange and maroon like Virginia Tech or red and orange?

I remember when Eastbay used to have all the football vapor crews on sale 3 for $33 and elites were 3 for $30. They just keep slowly increasing the prices.
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom