What's the best beer out there?

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

Heineken and Dos Equis
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and new castle...
pretty much

4632_105673963640_736883640_1891741_714979_n.jpg

theres a shop by me here in jersey that has hundreds of beers to choose from. you can mix a six pack. i usually go for the ones that are refrigerated and mixradeberger,leinenkugals (berry weiss),stone levitation ot stone ruination,sarnac honey,anchor bock (although recently they have only been gettin the shipmentof summer bock from san fran.), and a few days back i threw in a brooklyn brew penanat ale that was ok. theres nothing like a good cheeseburger and a bluemoon/hoegarden. hype and beer is a bit absurd, it has more to do with availability. heinys, buds, etc are available out there so people just really go for itcuz its there. if youre in nyc tour around and do a belgian bar pub crawl, and find a taste for what you like.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

WIDMER.. go pick up a variety pack and thank me later....
widmer is trash. if you're going to pick a commercial hef stick to Pyramid

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Anybody mess with this? Tecate is a great beer. I think it was the first beer I ever had in my life...Growing up in LA/San Diego FTW.
tecate_snow_040405.jpg

HUdbvVKhFoxc6bedQjF9rXTdo1_500.jpg

if it's not coming out of a caguama in Mexico i'm not touching it. It blows here in the US

Originally Posted by boxer

i don't live in the states at the moment so this is my current favorite. i drink liters of it if i go out.

chang.jpg
chang is %%@@ ing awesome

Sam Adams Lager, Summer Ale, Cherry Wheat, Blackberry Wieter, and almost all others.
Hoegarden
Blue Moon and Honey Moonn
Stella Artois
Blue Point(NYC brewery)
Brooklyn Lager summer special
I don't mind a Guinesse either once in a while

But these are the beers I stick with normally. I hate Corona and Heineken with a passion. If I'm going to go for a commercialized beer like that then Iprefer Becks. And all those American brews like Bud, Natty, Miller, ect are just garbage. Might as well drink carbonated water.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I've said it before - but it bears repeating...

Most of the beers you guys drink are total hypebeast drinks. Buying a dos equis or heineken is seriously like wearing a pair of yeezy's, it's all a status thing.

That is all...
OOOOOOR does the beer just taste good?

laugh.gif
Seriously dude....I swear people find ANYTHING to be elitist about. Ibuy Dos Equis because someone bought it for me at a bar...... I hadn't even really ever paid attention to the commercials until after I started ordering on a regular basis.

I also like Michelob (sp?) Ultra Lime...

Sierra Nevada - I went to school in Chico, pale ale flows like water.

I prefer Summer Fest and Wheat, though.

Chilling - Sam Adams / Sierra Nevada
Getting drunk - first brew is one I like, the rest, don't care
Golf course - Miller High Life / Miller Lite

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Most of the beers you guys drink are total hypebeast drinks. Buying a dos equis or heineken is seriously like wearing a pair of yeezy's, it's all a status thing.

That is all...

laugh.gif
Seriously dude....I swear people find ANYTHING to be elitist about. I buy Dos Equis because someone bought it for me at a bar...... I hadn't even really ever paid attention to the commercials until after I started ordering on a regular basis.

Does it taste good? Hmm... i suppose to some people it does. I would say such people generally don't know better though - i mean, some people will swearup and down that a steak from Ruby Tuesday is as good as it gets, and anyone saying otherwise is just a snob... me and many others will probably tell you thatthere's much better steak to be found, and not to just eat at chain places you see on TV.

In other cases - as I relate this back to NT... some people I know would tell me that spending a bunch of money on a nice, rare pair of kicks is ridiculous andthat any pair from footlocker is just as good. You and I however, would probably be able to argue that the rareness and specifications of this one shoe makeit such a good pickup and something we truly value despite others not "getting it"...

So yeah - maybe to you, a dos equis is a good tasting beer, ruby tuesday is a 5 star restaurant, and some (whoops, edit:smile: generic sneakers from wal-mart arejust as good as a clean pair of nikes... but to people who actually get into the details of all these subjects, it quickly becomes obvious none of them favorthe simplest, most mass-marketed products in the realm of said products... and it's not just because they're being elitist.
eyes.gif

That is all...
It really doesn't bear repeating. I love the taste of Heineken but I drink a lot of other beers as well, but Heineken is my favorite brew ofchoice. Don't even know why you would bring this up...
eyes.gif
. I hate beerdrinkers that are on this type of high horse. If a person wants to drink a Dos or a Heineken let them. If a person wants to drink Natty or Bud Light let them,it's not your taste buds.

So yeah - maybe to you, a dos equis is a good tasting beer, ruby tuesday is a 5 star restaurant, and some (whoops, edit:smile: generic sneakers from wal-mart are just as good as a clean pair of nikes... but to people who actually get into the details of all these subjects, it quickly becomes obvious none of them favor the simplest, most mass-marketed products in the realm of said products... and it's not just because they're being elitist.
eyes.gif

No. It is. It's a snobby approach to things whether you think it is or not. It's how you approach and say things. Calling someone'sfavorite drink a "hypebeast" drink when it's THEIR tastebuds is elitist and snobby. If you enjoy a good brew, good for you, I would love to drinkwith you, but it's so stupid to care just because things like this depend on the person.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

That is all...
It really doesn't bear repeating. I love the taste of Heineken but I drink a lot of other beers as well, but Heineken is my favorite brew of choice. Don't even know why you would bring this up...
eyes.gif
. I hate beer drinkers that are on this type of high horse. If a person wants to drink a Dos or a Heineken let them. If a person wants to drink Natty or Bud Light let them, it's not your taste buds.
I'm not telling anyone what they have to drink - just letting it be known that if it weren't for clever marketing schemes, if beer werereally judged on it's actual quality, both these would probably not exist anymore they'd be so far down the list of rankings.

You don't see Bud Light or Natty being marketed as "cool" beers, shown being drank in clubs and by "interesting" people, now do you? You also don't hear it being listed in here as the best beer nearly as often as the other two... coincidence? I doubt it.

Do you man... i'm just trying to inform, there are better beers out there if you'd expand your horizons a bit. You don't care? Your loss.

No. It is. It's a snobby approach to things whether you think it is or not. If you enjoy a good brew, good for you, I would love to drink with you, but it's so stupid to care just because things like this depend on the person.
That doesn't make it snobby.. to just, say it is.

I just laid out a huge analogy to explain why it's not - and you come back with saying "whether i say it is or not"... basically, just stickingyour tongue out at me and saying "i'm right, you're wrong" instead.

Quality matters, and it isn't all subjective... i'll just leave it at that with you, because I don't think you actually care to discuss this - justfelt like chiming in and calling me out for being snobby...

That is all...

laugh.gif
Seriously dude....I swear people find ANYTHING to be elitist about. I buy Dos Equis because someone bought it for me at a bar...... I hadn't even really ever paid attention to the commercials until after I started ordering on a regular basis.

Does it taste good? Hmm... i suppose to some people it does. I would say such people generally don't know better though - i mean, some people will swear up and down that a steak from Ruby Tuesday is as good as it gets, and anyone saying otherwise is just a snob... me and many others will probably tell you that there's much better steak to be found, and not to just eat at chain places you see on TV.

In other cases - as I relate this back to NT... some people I know would tell me that spending a bunch of money on a nice, rare pair of kicks is ridiculous and that any pair from footlocker is just as good. You and I however, would probably be able to argue that the rareness and specifications of this one shoe make it such a good pickup and something we truly value despite others not "getting it"...

So yeah - maybe to you, a dos equis is a good tasting beer, ruby tuesday is a 5 star restaurant, and some (whoops, edit:smile: generic sneakers from wal-mart are just as good as a clean pair of nikes... but to people who actually get into the details of all these subjects, it quickly becomes obvious none of them favor the simplest, most mass-marketed products in the realm of said products... and it's not just because they're being elitist.
eyes.gif
IT'S BEER!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

and uhm, I don't do "rare" kicks---the only thing I get giddy over are OGs
grin.gif

and honestly, your last response (full of sarcasm and snob) is what makes you an elitist....cuz you could've left it at your couple of lines. Because ifyou READ what I posted on how I came to drink Dos Equis, you'd know it wasn't me tryna do what I saw on TV.......

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

That is all...
It really doesn't bear repeating. I love the taste of Heineken but I drink a lot of other beers as well, but Heineken is my favorite brew of choice. Don't even know why you would bring this up...
eyes.gif
. I hate beer drinkers that are on this type of high horse. If a person wants to drink a Dos or a Heineken let them. If a person wants to drink Natty or Bud Light let them, it's not your taste buds.
I'm not telling anyone what they have to drink - just letting it be known that if it weren't for clever marketing schemes, if beer were really judged on it's actual quality, both these would probably not exist anymore they'd be so far down the list of rankings.

You don't see Bud Light or Natty being marketed as "cool" beers, shown being drank in clubs and by "interesting" people, now do you? You also don't hear it being listed in here as the best beer nearly as often as the other two... coincidence? I doubt it.

Do you man... i'm just trying to inform, there are better beers out there if you'd expand your horizons a bit. You don't care? Your loss.
I have expanded my horizons. Like I said, I enjoy sitting around drinking a good beer. I don't drink to get @*@! faced (if I wanna do thatI'll drink liquor), I drink because I enjoy a good beer. It's just dumb to critique people under something that's so subjective. I've met a tonof people who would rather drink a Dos then any Sam Adams Seasonal just because they like the taste better and those people have tasted and drank more types ofbeer then me. It's so stupid to care about stuff like this. Seriously why should anyone care, no one is hurting anyone.

That is all...

laugh.gif

Does it taste good? Hmm... i suppose to some people it does. I would say such people generally don't know better though - i mean, some people will swear up and down that a steak from Ruby Tuesday is as good as it gets, and anyone saying otherwise is just a snob... me and many others will probably tell you that there's much better steak to be found, and not to just eat at chain places you see on TV.

In other cases - as I relate this back to NT... some people I know would tell me that spending a bunch of money on a nice, rare pair of kicks is ridiculous and that any pair from footlocker is just as good. You and I however, would probably be able to argue that the rareness and specifications of this one shoe make it such a good pickup and something we truly value despite others not "getting it"...

eyes.gif
IT'S BEER!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif

and honestly, your last response (full of sarcasm and snob) is what makes you an elitist....cuz you could've left it at your couple of lines. Because if you READ what I posted on how I came to drink Dos Equis, you'd know it wasn't me tryna do what I saw on TV.......

See - the first thing you say here tells me all I need to know... you know nothing about beer to say "It's beer!!!"...
ohwell.gif
Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean you have to attack it...it's not your thing, cool man... move along.

Seriously why should anyone care, no one is hurting anyone.

You say that - but you're the one who picked out my comment from way back pages ago... you're telling me not to care, but you're the one who had tonitpick at my statement because it was hurting your feelings or something. Why should YOU care what I think enough to pull that?

Obviously you do...
tired.gif

I'll never get why people wanna pick fights and then act like I'm the one who started !%%+.

That is all...

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
IT'S BEER!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif

and honestly, your last response (full of sarcasm and snob) is what makes you an elitist....cuz you could've left it at your couple of lines. Because if you READ what I posted on how I came to drink Dos Equis, you'd know it wasn't me tryna do what I saw on TV.......
This isn't helping me right now. I gotta agree with Craftsy on this one. It's not just beer to some people. You gotta at least respectthat.

You say that - but you're the one who picked out my comment from way back pages ago... you're telling me not to care, but you're the one who had to nitpick at my statement because it was hurting your feelings or something. Why should YOU care what I think enough to pull that?

Obviously you do...
tired.gif

I'll never get why people wanna pick fights and then act like I'm the one who started !%%+.

Pick fights
laugh.gif
. It's just a conversation on the internetit's not that serious. Hell I even agreed with you in this post you big baby
frown.gif

tongue.gif

i still believe you gotta go micro-brew or go home. Small batches of local stuff is so much tastier to me - for anybody who's into blue moon, just head to your nearest brewery and ask what kind of hefe's they have.

Words of wisdom right there...

One of my favorite IPA's (racer 5) just became available in 12 packs so its been my go to beer if I'm not buying a sixer or tall bottles.

ritual_tavern_004_2.jpg

Other I've tried recently that are worth mentioning:

IMG_6252.JPG
wipeout.jpg

so take out the "it's beer" then....

there's still a whole lotta other words in my response. But whatever, I'll continue to get nice of Dos Equis
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom