What's the best paying retail commission job for the holiday season?

How would Macys keep track of their employers sales and how much do they pay? What about a higher priced store like Giorgio Armani or Louis Vuitton?

Sears
nerd.gif

Friend got a 5k paycheck in 1 week! Sold mad washing machines and refrigerators 

Originally Posted by Benssick

Sears
nerd.gif

Never knew they made money off commission.

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

How would Macys keep track of their employers sales and how much do they pay? What about a higher priced store like Giorgio Armani or Louis Vuitton?

Macy's shoe department's are commission based.  And it's simple to keep track of your sales when you have to ring up with your employee # or however they do it

Sears
nerd.gif

Why do people lie so much here?

Dude Sears only pay 3% commission for appliances.

So you mean your friend sold over $170,000 in merchandise??  Yea OK that is unheard of at Sears

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Sears
nerd.gif

Why do people lie so much here?

Dude Sears only pay 3% commission for appliances.

So you mean your friend sold over $170,000 in merchandise??  Yea OK that is unheard of at Sears
Maybe his friend lied to him.
wink.gif

Sears
nerd.gif

It's possible, I got 1k paycheck just for working on labor day. I work in electronics though so maybe it's a bit different. I would advise you guys not to apply though...since new employees have to get "Best in Blue" (100%-150% in all their metrics
sick.gif
) for three weeks in a row before they get on commission and its nearly impossible to achieve. So new employees only get a flat rate of $8.00/hr
sick.gif

Edit- And employees who work in appliances make different commission on different items. I know they get a 7% on the majority of Kenmore products. 

Radio shack, felt like ol dude in paid in full my junior year in high school
pimp.gif

After commission I think it was nearly 16 an hour, taxes taken out were as big as my checks usually were
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i always wonder about high end retail

LV, NM, Barneys etc

Exactly, do salespeople make a % commission selling LV purses for $4K or Tom Ford suits for $6K?

Nordstrom women's shoes......my friends make 3k on a slow month...about 5-6k during the holiday season...

Back
Top Bottom