Whats the craziest/luckiest way you got a pair of Jordans?

Walked into a shoe store, Sheikh's, around noon the day the Jordan III's released in '03 and asked an associate if they still had the III's.Unfortunately the didn't and I was beginning to walk out depressed when he said they miiight get another shipment in within an hour, so I said I would beback and walked around the mall. Came back, and he held me a pair. It was awesome.
pimp.gif

It was a WACK sale from footlocker where it was 70% clearance or whatever, saw a size 10.5 and 5.5 JORDAN XIV white/red for $29.99 for my size and $19.99 formy gurhl...lol

just got into the sneaker game bout a year ago but i got sum retro gray xiv's for $10 (best hoopin shoes ive ever worn) on ebay : D

got some free nds white/navy high top vandals from a friend... and then i traded them for some nds black/red 13's
traded some beat french blue 7's for some nds flint 7's
traded a free gold watch jacket for a pair of nds black/silver 6's and nds playoff 12's (jacket was worth $100 at true but at the time about $50 at thefgw store)
umm i think thats it

ha mine just happened last week..walked in to finishline and copped the last pair of opening day "away"..all the workers were like " wooooooooolast pair!"

When the XX's came out, I initially picked up the OG's, QS's and Eastern Regionals. I knew I wasn't going to find a pair of Stealths, so Ididn't really bother. But I knew that the other Regional models were still available. But being from a small PA town, my only option to get a decent pricewas to go through Eastbay. They were on sale and they had my size in both Western and Midwest versions, but wouldn't sell them to me because I didn'tlive in the correct region. I was fuming!

I had pretty much given up on getting anymore XXs until I walked into my local Foot Locker one day. Just as I got there, they were putting a pair of XX WesternRegionals on the wall. I damn near freaked out! I rushed over and saw the price was $89.99. I quickly tell the sales guy I have to get a pair, but he'slike "we only have one pair that was shipped to us by accident. What size are you?" I say 11 and he's like "no way! That's the size thispair is!" I scooped them up instantly. This kind of thing never happens in my area, but I was just in the right place at the right time.

A few weeks later I was in southern New Jersey and what should be on the wall at a Foot Locker there? The Midwest Regionals, also for $89.99. 10.5 was closestthey had but they fit so I took them.

So what I thought was a hopeless search for the Regionals got turned on its ear by dumb luck. I know the Regionals ended up all over the country in the cities,but not so in my area. So I think these were my luckiest Jordan pick-ups ever.

Now the $50 I spent for OG silver Foam Maxes in 2000...that's a story for another day.

When the DMP's came out, I was trying to get at least one. I hate getting up super early and I never camp out for any shoe releases. So I was waiting forEastbay or Finishline to order. Around 7pm pacific time (2 hours before official release), I just wanted to browse Finishline.com and check if they had apicture. They happen to have a FSR up. I quickly ordered mine right before they pulled it off the site probably because they made a mistake or they sold out.Whatever it was, I was able to get at least one pair. Did anybody else luckily grab theirs too when this happened?

It doesn't stop there. 2 hours later, I got another pair. Calling Eastbay was extremely difficult but I was able to get through. Around 8:47 pm (13 minutesbefore release) or something I called and asked to order the DMP's. However, the lady was all uptight and said I needed to call back at 9 pm. But I knewcalling back, I would not get through. So I told her I wanted to get other things. I asked for socks, shirts, beanies that I knew where out of stock ordidn't have my size because I was browsing simultaneously looking for out of stock items. Through out this, she was telling me that she knew what I wastrying to pull but she never hung up. 9 pm came and I was able to get my 2nd pair.

So basically I got 2 pairs of DMP's in 2 hours for retail without stressing or waiting in line. I slept easy that night.

I bought a pair of NDS OG XIII's Low Black and Blue from a flee market 4 20 dollars.......and some other jays 4 about 7 dollars

- I live in Europe and got my DMP through friend's friend who lives in Brooklyn and worked at a Footlocker that time ... the lucky thing about it was, thatit was her last day working at FL and she managed to get me a sz 13 Pack. She took it home 3 days later, cause she was afraid to walk out the store all alonewith a gold box :smile:

- got a pair of OG Black/Red XIIIs in box off ebay from "coolshoeshine" for 58 + shipping in 2006

FIRE RED 3 RETRO: FREE

(Went to Footlocker on 34th, did a charge send for 2 pairs size 13. 2 days later I get a call that my order could not be fulfilled so I go back to the storeand get my refund for both pairs. The next day, 1 pair was delivered to my job! lol).
I ordered a second pair from a Nike outlet for $90 shipped.

The finishline/DMP thing still gets me to this day even though, as mentioned, I got the pack.

I had them in the cart early like playmaker did but freaked over the 340.00 shipping (new to NT and codes weren't working that I had). Decided to wait tilleastbay had them because I figured they wuld be cheaper when it came to tax and shipping and got locked out by the crashing site and busy phone lines. wentback to fnl.com and they were gone.

DMP pack retail at footlocker. got up at six that morning, raffle and my number was the 3rd one called and i got my size 10.5. also walked in to NEX last montharound 11am and got the XX3 all star release in my size for 149.99. and i would also consider getting my XI concords at retail when they retroed back in 2001lucky... imagine that release if that was today. very thankful here!

Walked Into Foot Locker A While Back And Coped The Black/Red XIIs And Cool Gret IVs. For $70 Bucks Total. 0 And i mean ZERO!!!! Luck Since That Day.

IT WAS ATTUTIDE 13 IN ME IN MY COUSIN WENT TO GO GET THEM IN HE WAS IN FRONT OF ME IN HE LEFT HIS MONEY IN THE CAR SO HE WENT BACK TO THE CAR TO GO GET IN IGOT THE LAST PAIR

BUT I SOLD THEM TWO MOUNTHS LATER

went to cop the DMPs 2 hours after they sold them and they were sold out.....but i asked about them anyway and the lady working asked my size....this wenttothat and it turned out that the guy that was supposed to come to work that day reserved a 10.5 for himself and never showed up...so they sold his pack to me
pimp.gif
.....sorry bro whoever you are

i got a pair of cool grey XI's for free back in the day, my boy needed a pair and he didn't have a CC. well, time comes near and he offers to buy mypair if i use my CC to get both of ours.

my boy gave me his dads OG XIII's for nothing....and a few great pick ups (not steals but deals) i have gotten.....
1) white laser IV's for $135 shipped
2) nubuck XII's for $90 shipped
3) Cool Grey XI's for $100 shipped
4) Puma Yo! mtv raps promo greens and White SPY vs SPY's for free......

Back
Top Bottom