what's the strangest place you picked up J's for cheap or even free??

Originally Posted by Yung J Walker

Mines had to be the french blue 7s that came out back in 02. I went to my local moms and pops store, got dude that worked there to bring them out to me in my size, ask him if I can see another size cuz they didn't fit "yeah right" lolz. I looked around to make sure the coast was clear lolz As soon as dude went to the back to check and see, I put them joints right under my rocawear sweater and str8 DIP SETTED right outta that MOFO......LMAFO
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  I  was good money cuz I got them for free99, u can't get any better then that baby  
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 i remember that..at least we can look back at those times and laugh because we dont have to resort to those drastic measures anymore..but i must admit i was a little jealous at the time cuz i really wanted them badly lol

Originally Posted by mcbeast

i got some white/red 13s from my friend for 20 and he put 5 of it in my gas tank lol and bought a dime with the rest and smoked it with me lol

itwasagoodday.mp4

Originally Posted by mcbeast

i got some white/red 13s from my friend for 20 and he put 5 of it in my gas tank lol and bought a dime with the rest and smoked it with me lol

itwasagoodday.mp4

A pair of OG VNDS Jordan 12 White - Black - Playoff at a Guatemalan Paca for 100 Quetzales back in '03. Gave 'em away once I came back to the states...

A pair of OG VNDS Jordan 12 White - Black - Playoff at a Guatemalan Paca for 100 Quetzales back in '03. Gave 'em away once I came back to the states...

One of my first nights away at college at WVU in Morgantown,WV two dudes held me up at knife point for my space jams..so if any of you have gone out of your way to steal someone's Js..get off niketalk right now and go jump off the nearest skyscraper along with your entire family

One of my first nights away at college at WVU in Morgantown,WV two dudes held me up at knife point for my space jams..so if any of you have gone out of your way to steal someone's Js..get off niketalk right now and go jump off the nearest skyscraper along with your entire family

i visit my local thrift stores frequently when i have some change i always find something, a few things i found in my size were black/uni blue 14s but i find more things in kids sizes...heres a lil something i picked up for 4 bucks.

i visit my local thrift stores frequently when i have some change i always find something, a few things i found in my size were black/uni blue 14s but i find more things in kids sizes...heres a lil something i picked up for 4 bucks.

Not a pickup, but I used to work with this guy who said he used to be a manager for Venture (old school retailer in the Chicagoland area, now defunct) and they marked down the Jordan I's to $0.99 since they really weren't moving.  I just looked at him like
eek.gif
, showed him a pic to verify, and he was like, yup, that's them (white/blk/red).  Wish I was in the game back then, would've scooped up a bunch of those, flipped them and made a MUCH bigger down payment on my house. 

Not a pickup, but I used to work with this guy who said he used to be a manager for Venture (old school retailer in the Chicagoland area, now defunct) and they marked down the Jordan I's to $0.99 since they really weren't moving.  I just looked at him like
eek.gif
, showed him a pic to verify, and he was like, yup, that's them (white/blk/red).  Wish I was in the game back then, would've scooped up a bunch of those, flipped them and made a MUCH bigger down payment on my house. 

The Plato's Closet here is rediculous. You have to sort through a lot of fakes but i've copped Grey/maize XI low's and Old Love I's for $14
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Plato's Closet here is rediculous. You have to sort through a lot of fakes but i've copped Grey/maize XI low's and Old Love I's for $14
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

In the late 90's, one of my grandma's friends was getting rid of some old stuff she had in the garage. I was helping her clear it out so she said I could keep what I ever I liked. I found the best looking pair of Black and Red OG 1's I had ever seen. Beautiful shoe. I kept them for 5 years, then I traded them for an oz. Wish I had em back.

In the late 90's, one of my grandma's friends was getting rid of some old stuff she had in the garage. I was helping her clear it out so she said I could keep what I ever I liked. I found the best looking pair of Black and Red OG 1's I had ever seen. Beautiful shoe. I kept them for 5 years, then I traded them for an oz. Wish I had em back.

Originally Posted by iTsThEkIdBeZ

Mines had to be the french blue 7s that came out back in 02. I went to my local moms and pops store, got dude that worked there to bring them out to me in my size, ask him if I can see another size cuz they didn't fit "yeah right" lolz. I looked around to make sure the coast was clear lolz As soon as dude went to the back to check and see, I put them joints right under my rocawear sweater and str8 DIP SETTED right outta that MOFO......LMAFO
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  I  was good money cuz I got them for free99, u can't get any better then that baby  
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 i remember that..at least we can look back at those times and laugh because we dont have to resort to those drastic measures anymore..but i must admit i was a little jealous at the time cuz i really wanted them badly lol
ghetto

Originally Posted by iTsThEkIdBeZ

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
ghetto

my 8th grade PE teacher's office, he was an NCAA referee and was a Jordan head. Note that I said "was". I copped black/ gold SE 19s for ten and some team Jordan for five. After I got to HS, I decided to look my teacher up and see if he was still refereeing, so I did and found this link to a site. I clicked the link and it said that he had died of lung cancer. I called my friend and he confirmed it, I was devastated and to this day I will miss that guy. RIP MR. GABUTERO, the illest PE teacher/ JB head I've ever had and ever will have.

my 8th grade PE teacher's office, he was an NCAA referee and was a Jordan head. Note that I said "was". I copped black/ gold SE 19s for ten and some team Jordan for five. After I got to HS, I decided to look my teacher up and see if he was still refereeing, so I did and found this link to a site. I clicked the link and it said that he had died of lung cancer. I called my friend and he confirmed it, I was devastated and to this day I will miss that guy. RIP MR. GABUTERO, the illest PE teacher/ JB head I've ever had and ever will have.

Back
Top Bottom