Whats Your Favorite Cologne?

Haven't seen this one mentioned yet. Don't know how many others out there are on to it, but I absolutely love Bvlgari Soir:

bvlgari_pour_homme_soir.jpg

pimp.gif

Vera Wang for me...good stuff, really clean smelling especially when used with the aftershave

Originally Posted by BONESCOLLECTA

I would like to read more of your recommendations, I've heard people say that they have different colognes for different occasions, time of day, weather and such
Since you enjoyed my last ones, I be glad to give you some more reviews/recommendations.

Dolce and Gabbana- Dark yet citrusy scent. I like to wear this whenever I am wearing slacks/button up and mainly in the afternoon/evening time. Very distinctive scent, so don't wear it if you are on a first date, or are meeting with someone for a while. Smells excellent on my skin, and is easily timeless.

Clinique Happiness (for men)- Very light and invigorating smell. I always bust this out during the summer/spring time. The only con about it, is its longevity, I feel that I have to spray it more than the average cologne, yet it goes away extra fast.

Mont Blanc- Presence- This one is a mad sleeper, especially since I feel that I discovered this on my own, and have only seen one person own it. This is if you know you are going to get close to a lady. Very tamed and smooth evening scent. I only wear this one at night and when I am going to keep it sexual. Unfortunately, the circle bottle was discontinued, and I hear the newer one is watered down. If you can find the half circle bottle, cop it!

Sean Jean-Unforgivable- This one, I kind of feel bad putting on here, since it is being sold at Walmart and too many people are starting to have it. Very easy to wear scent, not to risky but a little musty. On some people it smells really bad, so make sure to try it on your skin first. This is a copy of a Creed cologne, which is wayyy more expensive (the Creed one is better).

Armani Code- I believe this is a relatively new scent, and I like it. I feel like I aim to use this one more in the evening time. Reminds me of vanilla, and the girls always love that.

Polo Double Black- Great night cologne, I wear this to the clubs or whenever I want to feel sophisticated. I have even worn this to college parties, as long as it's night time and people are in the night "mood' you can bring this out.

I'd like to hear what else you got...and what's your all-time favorite?
Hmm.. really difficult to pick a favorite. If I'm going out with a girl for the first time, I will usually be safe and pick the Burberry Brit. However, my new favorite is the AngelStar for men. Although it is expensive, I have heard nothing but good things about it when I wear it. Here are my guidelines for colognes in general:

Be Different: It really kills me when I see great colognes starting to get sold at walmart and grocery stores. It REALLY kills the exclusivity for me. What good a cologne if every other guy is wearing it? The key is to smell different, not like the average Joe you can find around every street corner. It really sucks that great colognes such as Aqua Di Gio have got played out. Is it a great cologne? Yes. Would I wear it? No. It's like a really cool hat that half your highschool has and wears. You are not being special/different or appealing in my opinion. Keep a rotation up, be spontaneous, have people guess what you are going to be smelling like today.

See how it smells on your skin: Everyone's skin has different pH levels. Everyone sweats differently. Everyone's skin smells different naturally. Spray a cologne on your wrist and don't judge it so prematurely, give it a chance. It is like a music album; don't just listen to a song one time and make a judgment, let it sink it and think about it. Plus, most people don't know that colognes have three different levels of settling down. Top note (when first sprayed)/Mid note(right after it settles down)/Base note (after the mid note). Don't judge it right away like the rookies, otherwise I would have never found gems such as AngelStar and so many other ones. I still really hate the top note of AngelStar, but once everything else sinks in, it's money.

Shell out some money: If you are trying to be on a mini baller budget, don't expect to get anything that bedazzles anyone. Spending 10-25 dollars on cologne will not usually get you a great smelling cologne. Once in a while, you will get lucky and get a fresh scent (I actually like Curve Kicks), but since it's so cheaply available, chances are hella other people have it. Just drop 40-50 and it will be a great investment. Remember, you want to please the 5 senses: Just as you would spend a gaup on shoes/visuals, spend on smell. I usually group taste and smell together. You should also sharpen how you speak to people, and best believe you should learn how to touch a woman. It's a part of the 5 senses, don't forget about it like most do.

Spray it correctly- It always makes me laugh when I see people spray cologne only on their shirts. Scents are made to react with acidity and heat levels of your skin. Do not spray it on your clothes, it is not a good idea, plus some colognes will turn clothes yellow. Usually hit the hot spots (where your body gets warm the most). Neck and chest is what I usually do but if you are feeling extra debonair, you can hit the armpit areas, crotch, wrists, around the rim of your ear and even behind the knees. Do not rub the cologne, as you will be "crushing" the scent. Also, if you take a shower, do not spray on right away. Give your body a chance to naturally regenerate oil, then hit it. Don't move around too much until it is fully dry on your skin.

Good luck to all on your cologne/perfume purchasing endeavors. Any questions or clarifications, let me know.

Thanks dude, I don't really wear cologne like that with like 4-50 bottles, right now I only have one, but it's Mezmorize for Men by Avon, I think Ispend like $15-$20 for it. It's pretty solid, but nothing major. but...the girl I'm talking to really likes it. It's not too strong, and not tomild. so, it's cool!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I spray (with clothes on) crotch, stomach and chest
never understood why cats sprayed their clothes.
like the other dude mentioned, hit spots on your skin where the your body heat can warm the cologne. spraying your clothes only gives you that "topnote".
couple sprays on the chest and wrists and you should be good.

-J-

Issey Miyake leads by a far margin. Second is a toss up between Blvgari (perfume), Aqua Di Gio or Jean Paul Gautier. But that's probably the correct order.

Last fall I got a bottle of Curve.

I can't tell you how many times a random girl will walk by and stop, or a girl standing close to me at a bar/club will come out and compliment how good itsmells. It's a great way to lead things off.

You can get it on ebay on the cheap. I implore you if its 1 thing you do in 08, try it.

Lacoste Essential and Clinique Happy for every day use. I usually only wear Happy during the Spring/ Summer, and it does have the tendency to wear off quitequickly. When I was in high school I used to wear it and keep the bottle in my backpack and spray a little more at lunchtime. I definitely need a new dress-up/Winter cologne. I'll be shopping around in the next few days.

Spray it correctly- It always makes me laugh when I see people spray cologne only on their shirts. Scents are made to react with acidity and heat levels of your skin. Do not spray it on your clothes, it is not a good idea, plus some colognes will turn clothes yellow. Usually hit the hot spots (where your body gets warm the most). Neck and chest is what I usually do but if you are feeling extra debonair, you can hit the armpit areas, crotch, wrists, around the rim of your ear and even behind the knees. Do not rub the cologne, as you will be "crushing" the scent. Also, if you take a shower, do not spray on right away. Give your body a chance to naturally regenerate oil, then hit it. Don't move around too much until it is fully dry on your skin.

Good luck to all on your cologne/perfume purchasing endeavors. Any questions or clarifications, let me know.

props. i always wondered why my cologne never really stayed with me throughout the day. ironic, because today i didn't get to shower in the morning andi sprayed on my cologne and one of my friends noticed so that's probably why.

I got Lacoste in a red bottle that looks like a grenade for Christmas and its
pimp.gif

Explain this crushing the scent please?

And not even a mentioning of Dior Sauvage?
eek.gif
(yes I said it again)
Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

Haven't seen this one mentioned yet. Don't know how many others out there are on to it, but I absolutely love Bvlgari Soir:

bvlgari_pour_homme_soir.jpg

pimp.gif

Just got a bottle for christmas.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom