What's your favorite food/resto?

^ Oh... I've eaten there... Just didn't know it was called Summer Palace. Will try the hot chicken salad next time. :smokin
smokin.gif

TRELLIS was one of my faves... the OG bar/grill back in the day...
are they still around???

Gerry's Grill too...
buti na lang meron na dito sa states....tuna belly, sisig and san mig light!!! perfect combo!!!

^ Trellis was the @#%$! Their SISIG and grilled stuff were mouthwatering. Definitely OG. I went there months ago to bring home some SISIG but they closed shop already.

* SIGH *
Yahoo and AOL IM: kingcrux31

I can barely remember good restaurants I ever been to in the Philippines. Sometimes they serve good food but bad service. I lost 10+ kilos in one month after I come back here...

There are a few good ones. Little Asia (Mix Asian) on Timog QC, Furusato (Japanese) on Roxas, Sugie (Japanese) in GB2, Pepato in GB2, Bubba Gump in GB3, Burgoo in Power Plant, Tung-Yuan (Korean) on Jupiter.

Still can't find a good authentic Chinese restaurant here. Please don't tell me Hap-Chang.

King: CPK minus worm?

Quote:
Please don't tell me Hap-Chang.

:lol:
laugh.gif

Ghetto but filling nonetheless.

Sugi is good but expensive. I love the Gindara there.

CPK minus the worm and a strand of metal sponge. I go to CPK at least once a week since my son loves the pasta there. One time, I felt something weird in my mouth while eating white pasta. I pulled it out and it was a strand from a metal sponge they used to probably scrub the pans.

Then on another instance, I ordered caesar's salad. It took a while before my order arrived and the main dish has been served already. When I put the greens in my mouth, it was warm. The greens should be cold since they rinse and soak it in ice water. So I said to myself "This must be fresh from the grocery!" To my surprise, when I was about to eat some more, I saw a worm, crawling away from the greens and escaping a senseless death.

laugh.gif

Both times, CPK apologized and only offered to strike the item from the final bill, a gesture which I didn't appreciate. Stupid people still asked me if I wanted to order something else. Sure! After I lost my appetite!

My son ate there again after a week but I didn't go. The servers looked for me and asked "Where's your daddy? He doesn't want to eat here anymore?" My son said "No @#%$ Sherlock." Okay, he didn't say that, but you get the point.

laugh.gif

TGI Friday's is better in handling these situations. During the late 90's, I could get a table whenever I wanted to (back when the waiting time was 2-3 hours) and have whatever dish I wanted cooked (yes, even your favorite sinigang na baboy), even if it's not in the menu. Don't ask how this was even possible.

:wink:
wink.gif

Oh, and the thin crust pizza and pasta at Segafredo are also worth trying.

Quote:
Trellis was the ! Their SISIG and grilled stuff were mouthwatering. Definitely OG. I went there months ago to bring home some SISIG but they closed shop already.

* SIGH *

feelin you on this one...

out of business since when?
maybe they just re-located or something...
was hoping to pig-out when i get back home home this coming holidays...Damn!!!

oh well...thx for the info...

Funny stories kingcrux31!

But what about the PICTURES PEOPLE!!

I'll be honest...this is one of my late night sobering up spots...

74662894_40bfe9d7fc_m.jpg

I take the tricycle after a long days work, grab the barkada and have BM!

SEE THESE ICE CREAMS?

^ BM's roast beef sandwich back in the 80's and 90's were pretty decent. The sansrival too.

there's this resto i go to near our place in retiro qc. the resto's name is Cajun. well, its been there for a while now. they used to have branches in glorietta and in jupiter makati. i think they have one now in the enterprise bldg in makati and another one soon to open in Mall of Asia. just love the burgers there and their chicken alfred. they have all sorts of dishes to choose from. they have salads, BIG burgers (i mean BIG), grilled/fried chicken, ribs, chops and pasta. the best thing about it is that they serve in big portions! one order is big enough for two people. the price is very reasonable too. and they serve bottomless red/green iced tea. :D
happy.gif

Quote:
Krokodile Grill also has good "pulutan food" like bangus belly, and tuna sisig. Right tsiken?

yup!!!! sarrrrrrrrrap!!!

Quote:
exotic in longos kalayaan laguna

kahit nakatago na ang mga "exotic" na pagkain ayus padin...dapat alam mo lang magtanong ehehehe shhhhh....baka may DENR....

Quote:
I'm a big fan or Lurings BBQ. Anyone ever try that? Its a kapampangan joint.

yummy!!!! lalo na yung barbecue na puwet ng manok!!!! cholesterol free!!!!

My personal favorite is KIMCHI.... beef stew!!! sabaw palang katalo na!!!

best buko shake is in cocolime in subic...tsaka pineapple fried rice...

bulalo sa rose and grace, sto tomas batangas....

hayyyyy kakagutom!!!! kelangan ko uli umuweeeee........
Philippines[/b]
mber No.58[/b]​

what about the jonas mami in retiro? are they still around? this is similar to rudy's mami. i miss their beef pares and siopao. it's been a long time since i've been home. i didn't even know trelis is not around anymore. i love their sisig a lot.
Philippines[/b]
mber No.80[/b]​

oy yeah tsiken. bulalo in tanauan? i thought it was in sto tomas batangas???
Philippines[/b]
mber No.80[/b]​

Yes SUMMER PALACE is the best chinese resto but I only Go there I My Dad had a meeting

[size=+2]
I've seen the future of the NBA his name is Amare Stoudemire -Shaquille O'Neal
[/size]

yes jonas is still around. they serve the same stuff. same taste and quality. the size of the siopao changed too. but the price is not that affordable anymore. their pares used to cost around P25 back then. now its P88! |I
tired.gif

Rose & Grace does serve yummy bulalo... They need to open an emergency room and a heart station though.

Trellis i believe has relocated somewhere in The Fort.

^ CPK's white pizza with smoked bacon is also very good.

yes, i think yall forgot about tapa king! i used to go there almost everyday! mura kasi dati. their prices went up real fast maybe because of the popularity na rin. i think sinangag also has good tapa. they serve this sirloin tapa and it's so good! neway, sbarro has good white cheese pizza din!

^ Sbarro! Worth trying are the following:

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
Any pasta with metballs
fresh spinach calzone

and the raspberry iced tea!

kakagutom naman ang thread nato...i miss my mom's home cooking... pati na rin dinuguan at puto sa goldilocks...

Back
Top Bottom