What's your plan for the Concords?

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

get money boyz
pimp.gif

My people always letting them make us look like fools.
We got to do better for christ sakes�
30t6p3b.gif
painful to watch ... we getting money, we get a lot of money ... it ain't nothing to us ... we getting money ...
indifferent.gif

Honestly I want to see Apple drop a new iPhone like Jordan Brand does their XIs the past few years.

Apple has a good system...I can't envision things going the way of the Concord release. The only "uproar" that I can remember is the hoopla surrounding the Asian re-sellers at the 5th ave Apple store when the iPad2 dropped.

This *%+* for the Js is utter chaos and pathetic.

ya apple is a billion dollar empire with their own stores so they can facitilate traffic/craziness... u think these knuckleheads at the mall give a damn for 8 dollars an hr.... they jus tryna survive the day
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Originally Posted by JD214

You ain't the only one B, looking at this pic is disgusting.

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif

What the....people wearing shoes that they bought? Where they do this at? Idiots...

^
This. What is the world coming to that people bought a pair of shoes and wore them that same day. God forbid they didnt stock them until years later..

Well, here's how I see it.. 

-Wearing Kicks - Obvious, whoever doesn't wear they're shoes is corny
-Wearing Kicks first day of Release - Kinda corny, but hey, you just dropped X amount of $, so be it, do your thing

-6 People Wearing shoes together First day of release - Mega Corny, I'd rather be the one to rock any old release, and stand out in the crown, but hey, so be it, do your thing

My thing is these are the type of people who won't rock some shoe because they like it, they only rock cause its hyped.. guarantee if the masses attitude toward the Air Jordan 11 changed, most these people would sell there pair with the quickness 

Just my .02 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Strawberry Milkshakes

Absolutely revolting.

This culture is a joke. A $$%!%!@ joke.
tired.gif
People been actin ignorant for sneakers since the 80's get off your high horse, people used to get robbed for their Pumas
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dont have an EBT card and have 2 pairs though.................thats when you just a fool....................

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

[color= rgb(102, 255, 0)]It's sad to say a good amount of people got their priorities out of line. I'd say being a decent human being is one of the top ones for all those acting reckless.[/color]
I'm also a bit annoyed with the fact that Nike purposely made this release come out this close to Christmas. Traditionally this time of year is all about families this week and you're getting people all worked up and camping outside for a shoe? Come on now. A family is without their son because of this, and I wouldn't even want to know what kind of emotions they must be feeling right now. 
30t6p3b.gif

I know people are the ones buying the shoes, but you can't say that Nike/Jordan Brand has no part in making this more of a fiasco than it should be. They knew what was going to happen based on past releases and did nothing about it except release a posthumous statement saying that they supposedly "care about the safety of it's consumers." [color= rgb(0, 255, 255)]I know retailers are the ones who were responsible for the lapses in security detail, but ultimately, whose product is it and did they come through in making sure their consumers were in well-being?[/color] It's outright embarrassing that anyone has to read about these riots for shoes across the country. But what do I know, this is Nike and they are bigger than me and can do whatever they want. That's just my opinion.

Materialism is just one of the worst things about this country, I can't stand it. 
Priority's? A lot of these people are on winter break from school or are already on vacation from work.

This is no different from other retailers doing black friday sales. Honestly I want to see Apple drop a new iPhone like Jordan Brand does their XIs the past few years. Dat Havoc
pimp.gif

Nope. It's out of their hands at their point.

We got money, what you want us to do?
1. When I'm talking about priorities, I'm talking about their priorities as in they are making shoes more important than the safety of fellow buyers. People are knocking people out for shoes. Maybe there is a better word than priorities. I'm not talking about school or work, although that can apply.
2. I'm not going to try to disprove you here; I just feel like companies that make these products should attempt to be accountable for what goes on here. This is my opinion that Nike should have known that this release could have been out of hand and they should have done as much as possible to prevent people from getting hurt. That's what I expect out of a company that I pay $180 for a product. But then again, companies don't owe anything to the consumer other than a chance to buy their product. Ultimately, I understand that, but my belief is that Nike should hold itself more accountable, to a higher regard in such instances such as a release of a HIGHLY touted shoe. Even a simple news statement asking all people to be respectful would be better than doing nothing in the first place and then saying that you care about the people hurt after the fact. I'm not surprised however, that Nike went ahead and did nothing to acknowledge the hype and the problems that come along with it. But I'm saying all this because this is my ideal relationship between a business and its consumers. In my ideal society, a company would look out for its customers. But it's obvious that not all companies do this. Nike is one of them, and I guess I'm in the wrong for wanting to believe that they can do better in protecting their clientele. 
ohwell.gif

3. I said I can't stand materialism because it can make people forget what is really important in their lives and it obviously shows in extreme cases like this. You can do whatever you want with your money, but it's in my belief that materialism doesn't help anything at all. Jordans won't make you a better person, Jordans won't make you jump higher, they won't do !$#* except please yourself. Like someone was quoted saying, "My son needs these shoes." No there is no NEED in any of these shoes. People who excessively value these shoes to the point that they will hurt someone to get them is pathetic and exposes who they are as a person.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

If I wait in line for days, risk life, limb and/or pay and outrageous amount. I'm not gonna wear them to Wal-Mart, to work, to my homies house to play 2K.

They're coming out for special occasions only. Imma make sure they stay stupid fresh as long as possible.

Lol but they're nothing special, though. Maybe if it was something limited, but some hyped up crap quality general releases? Nope. I'd crease them up right after I bought them just to make the hype beasts that camped out mad
pimp.gif

I'm saying, their just shoes. They we're made to wear to the ground. He mad people are actually wearing the shoes they bought, 
grin.gif

Everybody not thinking like a "sneakerhead"... some people actually buy shoes to wear until the life of them are over..

First of all, *looks at post* what about what I said seemed mad(got mine, homie. No lines, no nothin, I didn't even get off the couch.)?

When did I say anything about not wearing them(yall have NO idea who you talking to about wearing shoes, lol)? Infact, I said I had every intention of wearing them. All I said is that people going through all this and is gonna turn around and not take care of their #*##. Don't make sense to me. $$% that got to do with being a "sneakerhead"(OMG dont call me that waaaaa
eyes.gif
)

I'm glad that you guys don't THINK(as in an opinion) they're special, but obviously, there are thousands of people that FEEL(again, an OPINION) otherwise. Does that make it right? Doesn't even $!!%%@ matter, its an opinion, there is no right or wrong.

@Witness. A hypebeast trolling hypbeast???

Am I upset now? Yes. You lame $@# *$%%%% keep puttin words in my mouth. I don't get down like that.

And lets be for real. Half of these folks talk trash bitter because they know they cant get a pair.

How many people buying these are on some type of Government assistance, be it welfare, reduced priced lunches, section 8 $20 rent, etc. I find it to be a common correlation with extreme materialism in regards to status symbol items, same people who allegedly can't afford more useful things like internet access, books, or tutors.

Crazy that these shoes are selling for 720 on eBay, me being the reseller that I am I shouldn't have slept on these, but anyhow Nike/JB knew what they were doing everything that happens is by design... People will buy shoes and not have gas in there car... ******s... Long story short the road ahead for this country isn't good, yet iPhones leap pads Jordan's 3d tvs ect ect ect are all thrown in your face to keep you as dumb as possible (not saying people here are dumb) but there are far better things to be focusing on than killing or beating the crap out of a kid for some shoes that cost 15 Yaun to make... Man if Jordan can make people act the way they have in some videos I've seen maybe he needs to lead a new US revolution... Sh-- just put some concords on Capitol hill and the the goons rush in... Lmao I am glad nobody rushes the door for lebrons!!!

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

These are the only types of people that wear Jordans nowadays. @#$%@% rats and criminal lookalikes. And before someone accuses me of hating black people, this includes the white dudes from Oakland/East Bay who still dress like it's 2002
laugh.gif
Also forgot to mention Filipinos. My Filipino friend HATES Jordans with a passion, yet every hood dude on his facebook messaged him/commented on his FB today asking if he had extra pairs, knew any spots, etc
laugh.gif
So out of that picture of young kids in Jordans, you call them rats and criminal lookalikes.  SMH.  You sound like a racist, its just a pic of kids wearing the same kicks but because they are black, they are rats and criminals. 
Clearly, girls with half shaved heads along with dudes wearing masks and breaking into footlocker are NOT hood rats or criminals
eyes.gif
They are sitting at what looks like a basketball game.  What does that have to do with breaking into a footlocker?  You called those specific people in the picture hoodrats and criminal lookalikes. 

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

How many people buying these are on some type of Government assistance, be it welfare, reduced priced lunches, section 8 $20 rent, etc. I find it to be a common correlation with extreme materialism in regards to status symbol items, same people who allegedly can't afford more useful things like internet access, books, or tutors.
I agree here but kids are gonna want shoes n stuff as gifts espicially during this time of year.

Lol this is on BBC news. 

Its been a long time since I purchased a pair of Jordans.  Never knew it was like this. 

That's why I just keep my !#$ in General Forum. 

Everything worked out so perfect. Security let me in early because I said I was "stocking", I was there before every store opened in prime position. I then come to find out they are bringing in people 2 at a time, so I'm out of luck there. Not only does my manager not hook me up, he fires me on spot. $#$% this whole release man.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Honestly I want to see Apple drop a new iPhone like Jordan Brand does their XIs the past few years.

Apple has a good system...I can't envision things going the way of the Concord release. The only "uproar" that I can remember is the hoopla surrounding the Asian re-sellers at the 5th ave Apple store when the iPad2 dropped.

This *%+* for the Js is utter chaos and pathetic.

Lets call a spade a spade. 
The demographic of the people buying the jordans and the people buying the ipads have one maybe two pretty obvious differences.

1. Race

2. Age

I am hoping that this thread does not get locked.  It is VERY interesting to see how the non shoeheads or retired shoeheads (basically people who don't venture outside GENERAL on this website) are voicing their opinion about this chaotic release.  Watching the video with the two guys talking to the news reporter, they did say one thing that made sense, why don't M.J. just release more, it is ridiculous to just issue 30 pairs to a store.  I agree why don't they just overproduce.  I have a minor in economics so I understand supply and demand, but I believe these "chaotic" x mas releases would be the exception to those rules.
-I also would like to see a high ranking NIKE official or M.J. himself comment on these videos when you see people fighting, stabbing, running over people etc. But, they are not caring anyway all they see is $$$.  It would be better that getting a response from the Nike Twitter guy, or having him direct to a customer affairs person who will give you a "planned" answer.

Back
Top Bottom