**What's Your Shoe of the Decade**

I have to say the presto. It was a revolutionary shoe not for just running but shoes across the board.

reviewjetflightprofile5pi.jpg

Air Jet Flight

09184161z0lx.jpg

Air Zoom Drive

Not just b/c im a kobe fan... but you cant deny that this shoe was the biggest talk out of a lot of shoes that came out....

2k4s were something groundbreaking for a lot of ppl.
41zKgDgMs1L._AA280_.jpg

NikeShoxBB4Retro2.jpg

reviews_lebron_iv-7.jpg

nike-air-yeezy-black-pink.jpg

does this count?

blazer-supreme-sz-95-25000.jpg

air-jordan-11-cool-grey.jpg

running: air max 2009
zoom basketball: zoom lebron ii
air max basketball: powermax
casual: yeezy

Im going with Performance and Style put together.

1st Place - ANY Colorway.... there were no bad colorways...
Zoom 2K3 (Still needing a Retro
700d_3.JPG

2nd Place - Any Shoe resembling this unless it was an God awful Earth Tone
Zoom BB
nikebasketball_zoom_BB_BG7.jpg

3rd Place - Altho Heavy and should be retro'd as a Slimmer Version of itself.
Zoom Lebron IV
nike-zoom-lebron-4-pe-fruity-pebbles-1-01.jpg
nike-zoom-lebron-4-pe-fruity-pebbles-1-03.jpg
iwantlebron-fruity-iv.jpg

Honorable Mention. Strong Consideration.
Jordan XIX and XIX SE
jordan_xix7.jpg
air-jordan-19-xix-original-og-se-east-white-flint-grey-deep-red-1.jpg
<---------Which I am still trying to find in a size 11

It's gotta be the 2K4s. Nothing came close to popularity, comfort, and performance. I could never get a pair back then. Plus they were on Nike ID. I regretnot getting them.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

- Huarache 2k4
- Zoom LeBron II
- Zoom LeBron IV

Those are personal favorites from this decade.

^^ My man speaks the TRUTH
pimp.gif

I'd have to throw the BB1 and ZK2 up there too though..

i LOVE the zoom kobe 1s. gonna play ball in em real soon. so i'd say that's the shoe of the decade for me, i cant think of anything else off the top ofmy head
maybe Jordan XVI - XIX

for me, the Shox VC I are the ultimate basketball shoe. fit and function came together to make this masterpiece. i still have 4 pairs of them DS.

SHOX VC I (my favorite colorway)

351bojp.jpg

I like this thread.

For my pick, since I am a Jordan Head...i'll have to go with the Jordan XX3
air-jordan-xx3-official-01.jpg

I'm saying the XX3 because it was a great end to the Jordan line (although ruined by the releases of the 2K9 and that other thing). Tinker came out withanother beautiful design. The midsole is one of the most beautiful things i have seen in my life (besides Keri Hilson). Such a beautiful shoe, I only own onepair.

My other pair that I'll choose, but only because of its significance towards myself is the Huarache 2K4's. The first shoe I began to collect.
41zKgDgMs1L._AA280_.jpg

I had the black silver colorway. I remember seeing my friend wearing them in 5th grade-!@@ (I'm 17). They looked soo cool. I went to the store and got apair. Been collecting sneakers ever since.

Other honorable mentions from reading this thread.
air-yeezy-new-images-04.jpg

Nike Air Yeezy...I know...a lot of love and hate for this sneaker. But a sneaker that my generation can call my own. I know they were very limited andhyped...but that just makes it that more special...the thrill of the chase I guess. Still looking to finish my collection.

p7126526n1.jpg

Lebron IV...mainly for design. I'm all for new original designs, and this one brings it. Too heavy though.

x3 ^^^ Kobe IVs shocked the world....the best shoe I have ever, ever worn..hands down.

Wow, there's a lot of choices. The Ultraflights were nice, but I found the last to be too narrow. When I made harsh enough cuts, the sneaker would sort of"tip over," leaving the plastic cage as the only part of the shoe in contact with the hardwood. Needless to say, plastic does not have very goodtraction properties, and I slipped quite a bit. The 2k3's were solid too, but too restrictive for my tastes. And as other shoes would prove later thisdecade--or earlier, if you consider the Nike Jet Flight--higher cut does not equal more stable. The 2k4's are an obvious pick, and it was tough for me tothink of any reasons why they shouldn't be the sneaker of the decade. I didn't really appreciate the pointless ankle strap, or floppy upper around theankle area, but they were certainly a classic design, and performed admirably (although they were later outclassed by the 2k5). Lebron's line had theII's, which had an upper that couldn't have been more durable had it been made out of carbon nanotubes. The only setback for those was the surprisinglynon-durable midsole, which bottomed out after a few wears. The III's brought class back to Nike Basketball, but they were just plain average on the court.The XX3's were a breath of fresh air for Jordan Brand, and a great way to close out the line. (There's a Jordan 2009 and 2010 you say? I have no ideawhat you're talking about.) My only qualm is that while the plastic chassis looked great, I felt it ultimately hampered performance.

For me the sneaker of the decade has got to be the Kobe IV. I can't even begin to explain why, but they just seem like to be "complete." TheLunar Foam sucks, but it certainly didn't spoil the sneaker for me.

Honorable mention: New Balance BB901

I know these have already been endorsed by Prof K, so they're not exactly a "dark horse" any more. I just thought I'd throw my hat in thering too. No sneaker has blended durability and comfort as well as these did, and in terms of value they couldn't be beat. I found my pair for $30 severalyears ago, and they're still holding up without any real damage done to integrity of the shoe. I know that there was a time when the Kobe I's could befound for $35 at outlets (I bought several pairs), but their durability was average at best, and the lockdown was just plain bad.

There's my two cents. Sorry if it's too wordy for some.

Back
Top Bottom