When did Chris Bosh become a superstar?

molly.jpg

Originally Posted by finnns2003

It's pretty pathetic that the media has crowned the Heat trio the Big 3. There was the big 3 of the 80's (Larry Legend, Chief, McHale), and the new big 3 (Truth, Shuttles, KG). Bosh does not make up a "big 3", has done nothing in his career to deserve that.

The same could be said about boston BIG 3. Outside of kg, paul nor allen were never really superstars. Great players, potential all-stars year in/out but superstar status not hardly. Its apparent dwade and def bron are superstars global icons. So really its the BIG 2 and a really good all-star caliber player.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

It's pretty pathetic that the media has crowned the Heat trio the Big 3. There was the big 3 of the 80's (Larry Legend, Chief, McHale), and the new big 3 (Truth, Shuttles, KG). Bosh does not make up a "big 3", has done nothing in his career to deserve that.

The same could be said about boston BIG 3. Outside of kg, paul nor allen were never really superstars. Great players, potential all-stars year in/out but superstar status not hardly. Its apparent dwade and def bron are superstars global icons. So really its the BIG 2 and a really good all-star caliber player.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

Chris Bosh has been named All Star in 5 consecutive seasons. That's something usually only superstars do. However, I'd still classify Bosh as a fringe superstar. There are 8 bona fide superstars in the NBA currently. Bosh isn't part of that 8, but he's arguably one of the Top 10 players in league, definitely Top 12.

Current Superstars
Carmelo Anthony, 2006-current
Kobe Bryant, 2000-current
Kevin Durant, 2009-current
Dwight Howard, 2007-current
LeBron James, 2004-current
Dirk Nowitzki, 2004-current
Chris Paul, 2007-current
Dwyane Wade, 2005-current

Former Superstars (Active Players)
Ray Allen, 2003-2007
Gilbert Arenas, 2004-2007
Vince Carter, 1999-2002
Tim Duncan, 1997-2009 (still on the fringe superstar list)
Kevin Garnett, 1999-2008
Grant Hill, 1995-2000
Allen Iverson, 1998-2006
Jason Kidd, 1998-2004
Tracy McGrady, 2000-2007
Steve Nash, 2004-2007
Shaquille O'Neal, 1993-2004
Paul Pierce, 2001-2003, 2005-2007

Fringe Superstars
Chris Bosh
Tim Duncan (also on the former superstar list)
Brandon Roy

Deron Williams is pretty close to the joining the fringe group. Danny Granger could do the same if he stays healthy and develops into a leader. Amare Stoudemire was a fringe superstar a few years ago.

This list is wrong. First off Kevin Durant is not a superstar. He is a superstar scorer but that's where it ends. The guy averages more turnovers then assists lol, and people call him a superstar. Next I don't get why people have called Chris Paul a superstar, and if you do then Deron Williams is automatically one. He abuses Chris Paul in all their match-ups lol, and puts up similar numbers during the season. Next you have Steve Nash as a superstar from 04'-07' but this past season his numbers were identical to 04' on a worse team. I guess D12 is a superstar since he leads the league in two categories...

Chris Bosh has been named All Star in 5 consecutive seasons. That's something usually only superstars do. However, I'd still classify Bosh as a fringe superstar. There are 8 bona fide superstars in the NBA currently. Bosh isn't part of that 8, but he's arguably one of the Top 10 players in league, definitely Top 12.

Current Superstars
Chris Paul, 2007-current

Ray Allen, 2003-2007
Vince Carter, 1999-2002
Kevin Garnett, 1999-2008
Grant Hill, 1995-2000
Allen Iverson, 1998-2006
Jason Kidd, 1998-2004
Tracy McGrady, 2000-2007
Steve Nash, 2004-2007

Fringe Superstars
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy

Deron Williams is pretty close to the joining the fringe group. Danny Granger could do the same if he stays healthy and develops into a leader. Amare Stoudemire was a fringe superstar a few years ago.

This list is wrong. First off Kevin Durant is not a superstar. He is a superstar scorer but that's where it ends. The guy averages more turnovers then assists lol, and people call him a superstar. Next I don't get why people have called Chris Paul a superstar, and if you do then Deron Williams is automatically one. He abuses Chris Paul in all their match-ups lol, and puts up similar numbers during the season. Next you have Steve Nash as a superstar from 04'-07' but this past season his numbers were identical to 04' on a worse team. I guess D12 is a superstar since he leads the league in two categories...

Originally Posted by gotJz

Current Superstars
Chris Paul, 2007-current

Ray Allen, 2003-2007
Vince Carter, 1999-2002
Kevin Garnett, 1999-2008
Grant Hill, 1995-2000
Allen Iverson, 1998-2006
Jason Kidd, 1998-2004
Tracy McGrady, 2000-2007
Steve Nash, 2004-2007

Fringe Superstars
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy

A superstar is a player who is known and recognize outside of his sport. They are known for more then just the x's and o's and hat they have on the stat sheets. Kobe for example, is a player that is easily recognized by ppl that are not familiar with the bball world. Alot of these players are really good/great and are allstar players but superstars they are not. Your average joe who isnt really into bball isnt gonna spot out steve nash in the street/mall and be like whoa wow its STEVE NASH!!!! DWill can walk in public without mobs of ppl etc. Thats not likely the case for d12 or a lebron.

Current Superstars
Chris Paul, 2007-current

Ray Allen, 2003-2007
Vince Carter, 1999-2002
Kevin Garnett, 1999-2008
Grant Hill, 1995-2000
Allen Iverson, 1998-2006
Jason Kidd, 1998-2004
Tracy McGrady, 2000-2007
Steve Nash, 2004-2007

Fringe Superstars
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy

A superstar is a player who is known and recognize outside of his sport. They are known for more then just the x's and o's and hat they have on the stat sheets. Kobe for example, is a player that is easily recognized by ppl that are not familiar with the bball world. Alot of these players are really good/great and are allstar players but superstars they are not. Your average joe who isnt really into bball isnt gonna spot out steve nash in the street/mall and be like whoa wow its STEVE NASH!!!! DWill can walk in public without mobs of ppl etc. Thats not likely the case for d12 or a lebron.

@LDJ, some players are generally just more personable and liked then others. You can't base superstar status on popularity.

@LDJ, some players are generally just more personable and liked then others. You can't base superstar status on popularity.

Ugh, why can't you? That is what superstar is. A popularity gauge.

Dirk isn't a superstar. Very good player but nobody in the world knows who he is. (Non-basketball fans)
CP3 is NOT a superstar. I have dudes I play ball with every week ask me, "Who is it." When I had 2K7 in my hands.
Bosh is NOT.
Roy is NOT (nowhere near)

As I mentioned before
To be a superstar, you must
A. Be a great player
B. Be very popular among non basketball fans.
C. Draw while your team is on the road

Tim Duncan has never been a superstar to me. He is one of the best that has ever done it but., no, his brand doesn't span outside of his sport.
People I have been alive for that I would consider SUPERstars:

LeBron
Kobe
Shaq
Iverson
Magic
BArkley
Bird
Jordan
Wade ( who I underestimated in terms of drawing ability )

I might be missing someone, but based on MY definition of superstar, these people are the only ones that fit the bill

Also a superstar is a top road draw. Thunder and Spurs tickets are plentiful on Ticketmaster minutes before most of their road games.

Ugh, why can't you? That is what superstar is. A popularity gauge.

Dirk isn't a superstar. Very good player but nobody in the world knows who he is. (Non-basketball fans)
CP3 is NOT a superstar. I have dudes I play ball with every week ask me, "Who is it." When I had 2K7 in my hands.
Bosh is NOT.
Roy is NOT (nowhere near)

As I mentioned before
To be a superstar, you must
A. Be a great player
B. Be very popular among non basketball fans.
C. Draw while your team is on the road

Tim Duncan has never been a superstar to me. He is one of the best that has ever done it but., no, his brand doesn't span outside of his sport.
People I have been alive for that I would consider SUPERstars:

LeBron
Kobe
Shaq
Iverson
Magic
BArkley
Bird
Jordan
Wade ( who I underestimated in terms of drawing ability )

I might be missing someone, but based on MY definition of superstar, these people are the only ones that fit the bill

Also a superstar is a top road draw. Thunder and Spurs tickets are plentiful on Ticketmaster minutes before most of their road games.

what does off the court stuff have to do with you been a NBA SUPERSTAR? i guess because everybody knows yao all around the world he is a superstar and CP3 is not? we are not talking about a pop star or rap star its about a NBA player. if the avg joe doesnt know who you are that doesnt doesnt affect if you are a superstar or not.

what does off the court stuff have to do with you been a NBA SUPERSTAR? i guess because everybody knows yao all around the world he is a superstar and CP3 is not? we are not talking about a pop star or rap star its about a NBA player. if the avg joe doesnt know who you are that doesnt doesnt affect if you are a superstar or not.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i think the term superstar means mainstream audience knows who you are. Yao Ming is much more of a "Superstar" than Chris Paul no question.

i think the term superstar means mainstream audience knows who you are. Yao Ming is much more of a "Superstar" than Chris Paul no question.

The same way all good actors are not considered movie STARS. Amount of popularity makes you a superstar. Not just your skill level.

I actually forgot to add Yao Ming. He is larger than life as well.

Someone can be a GREAT, nba player, but if they don't have a global or even a national following, they can't be labeled a superstar in my book.

Part skill
Part popularity.
Part being able to draw.

SO if the average joe doesn't know you, then you aren't a super star. You are just an elite basketball player.

The same way all good actors are not considered movie STARS. Amount of popularity makes you a superstar. Not just your skill level.

I actually forgot to add Yao Ming. He is larger than life as well.

Someone can be a GREAT, nba player, but if they don't have a global or even a national following, they can't be labeled a superstar in my book.

Part skill
Part popularity.
Part being able to draw.

SO if the average joe doesn't know you, then you aren't a super star. You are just an elite basketball player.

Current Superstars
Chris Paul, 2007-current

Ray Allen, 2003-2007
Vince Carter, 1999-2002
Kevin Garnett, 1999-2008
Grant Hill, 1995-2000
Allen Iverson, 1998-2006
Jason Kidd, 1998-2004
Tracy McGrady, 2000-2007
Steve Nash, 2004-2007

Fringe Superstars
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy

Kevin Durant made the All-NBA 1st Team and led the Thunder to a 50-win season.

Chris Paul has been selected to the All-NBA 1st Team before. He also has 3 All-Star selections. Deron Williams has only been to 1 All-Star game.

Steve Nash was a superstar in 2004-2007 because he made 3 consecutive All-NBA 1st Teams and won back-to-back MVPs. His decline to former superstar status was cemented when he failed to make the All-Star team in 2009. Nash did have a great offensive season last year, but at 36 years old his defensive limitations are becoming more noticeable.

Current Superstars
Chris Paul, 2007-current

Ray Allen, 2003-2007
Vince Carter, 1999-2002
Kevin Garnett, 1999-2008
Grant Hill, 1995-2000
Allen Iverson, 1998-2006
Jason Kidd, 1998-2004
Tracy McGrady, 2000-2007
Steve Nash, 2004-2007

Fringe Superstars
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy

Kevin Durant made the All-NBA 1st Team and led the Thunder to a 50-win season.

Chris Paul has been selected to the All-NBA 1st Team before. He also has 3 All-Star selections. Deron Williams has only been to 1 All-Star game.

Steve Nash was a superstar in 2004-2007 because he made 3 consecutive All-NBA 1st Teams and won back-to-back MVPs. His decline to former superstar status was cemented when he failed to make the All-Star team in 2009. Nash did have a great offensive season last year, but at 36 years old his defensive limitations are becoming more noticeable.

Chris Bosh Achievements

Really???

Back
Top Bottom